Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Death Penalty

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since we are so far off topic, how do you feel about abortion if the baby will kill the mother if delivered? What about if a woman is impregnated from being raped? What if a woman got pregnant from being raped and is going to kill her if delivered?

Lets say all of these instances are determined in the first trimester as well.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
Since we are so far off topic, how do you feel about abortion if the baby will kill the mother if delivered? What about if a woman is impregnated from being raped? What if a woman got pregnant from being raped and is going to kill her if delivered?

Lets say all of these instances are determined in the first trimester as well.
I will answer the questions in order:

In that case it is ok to abort the baby....if all other options were gone. She should put it up for adoption, many people are willing to adopt. And once again, if all other options are not possible, then it is ok to abort the baby.

~Stephanie
Old 05-09-2007, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by citizen01
chris... That is pretty ignorant of you to assume what would or would not have happened were it not for Hitler. Who knows what some of the brilliant jewish minds could have come up with were they not slaughtered at his hands. One may have even found an alternative fuel for cars. Sorry but I'm not buying it.
im not denying what the jewish community could have had the chance to contribute if not slaughtered. All im pointing out is that Hitler did contribute a lot to the world from his evil. He breathed down a lot of peoples necks to get stuff done, and it did.

Its very unfortunately, and saddening that so many people lost their lives. But as with everything, there are good and bad things that happen.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by TheRealBen
Hitler was a horrible person, but there is no way to deny his charisma and genious to lead people.

Undeniably one of the most charismatic people of all time.

Oh, MmmBoxy, pro choice is far better than pro life because pro lifer has many flaws in it. Such as rapists and child molesters.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that pro choice is better the pro life because of some flaws since pro choice has its own share.

Hitler was not a genius though very charismatic and well spoken, he was not the one doing research and development on Germans inventions. He is much like Clinton in the since that they both are great speakers but would you consider Clinton a regular Einstein or Stephen Hawking.

Back on topic I have a question to people who believe in pro choice, do you think capital punishment is fair? To me it would seem you would have too or face the word hypocrite, but well that's just my opinion.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
Originally Posted by krustytheclown
I'm sorry, I just dont understand how anyone can say they admire Hitler. Because of Him, more than 40 MILLION people died. I dont admire anyone that causes the death of 40 million people.

Hitler wasnt a Genius. He was charismatic. A genius wouldnt kill 40 million people. A genius would do something to make the world better, not kill a big chunk of it.

And so what if weapons are better now because of ww2? Now they have weapons that can kill millions of people at a time. Wow, that sounds like thats really benefical to the human race.

Saying that, I would unload a few rounds at Hitlers Face if I could. Killing that bastard would of made this world a lot better.
genius and nice guy, have nothing in common.

and he killed lots people, but more than your god? no. but you admire him, right? he creates millions of children that slowly starve or rot to death, but he's still your saviour, right?

a few things do/did benefit the human race that he did. cars, rockets, engines, shoot, medicine is further along thanks to the hitler and his "angel of death"

take james bond villains. ok, minus "jaws", they were all pretty much genius mad scientists, no?
Why is it always Gods fault that stuff happens on earth? If you murdered 10 people, is it your parents fault because they gave birth to you?

Man could EASILY feed everyone on earth, no one SHOULD go hungry. But they do. Its because of greed that people have to go hungry. The war in Iraq has cost more than 320 BILLION dollars. 320,000,000,000. Imagine if just half of that or a quarter of that went to help people in Africa to develop better farmland or for medicine or to help provide better drinking water.

Its bull$&%# that you blame God for the way this world is. Its not his fault. He created this earth to be perfect. It was, until Man showed up and flushed that all down the crapper.

You think God likes to see innocent little children in Africa die needlessly because of man f'ing up this world?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

don't buy into his "argument"
he always pulls up that card
heck he said I wasn't catholic cos I didn't go to Church every Sunday or because in some situations I can support abortion
Old 05-09-2007, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Uhm, what about tsunamis that wipe out a 200k people in an instant? And who causes the droughts that leave so many starving? And who created the mosquito, the most lethal animal to humans on this planet, killing millions every year?

Man had nothing to do with any of that.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, god decided you know what? I'm bored, lets kill 200k people. While I'm at it, hell, lets start a drought that will make people starve to death.

Thats a moronic idea, and anyone that blames God for everything is a moron.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can't have it both ways, either he is an all powerful all knowing being with complete control over everything (the whole "God's plan" thing), or he is something much less than that, if he exists at all.

You were refering to all the bad that Man has done with his own actions as being the only point of suffering on this planet. I was meerly pointing out that there is plenty of suffering in this world that has absolutely nothing to do with man.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Actually part of those natural disasters IS our fault =)
Old 05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
Stop watching "The Day After Tomorrow."
Old 05-09-2007, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

dunno what that is but my father is an environmental/chimical engineer and I studied geography/geology/econ
Old 05-09-2007, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
Debatable, and the evidence is iffy at best, and that's only with weather realated incidents. However, even before the industrial revolution and man was emmiting CO2 through machines, there were droughts and super hurricanes. The sahara and gobi desserts use to be lush forests. And no man as ever caused an earthquake, ever.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hence why I wrote "part"
Old 05-09-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah, and then there are the super volcanoes, one of which is underneath Yellow Stone, and one of which nearly wiped out man kind about 75k years ago. Estimates are that there were as few as 5k humans on the planet after that incident. I think that was maxing out the estimates when running the equations, but nevertheless, we were almost extinct before we got to invent the wheel.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Oh yeah, and then there are the super volcanoes, one of which is underneath Yellow Stone, and one of which nearly wiped out man kind about 75k years ago. Estimates are that there were as few as 5k humans on the planet after that incident. I think that was maxing out the estimates when running the equations, but nevertheless, we were almost extinct before we got to invent the wheel.
Take that god believers!

Old 05-09-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yup
lame
Old 05-09-2007, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krustytheclown
Why is it always Gods fault that stuff happens on earth? If you murdered 10 people, is it your parents fault because they gave birth to you?
ok, it's a little different than that. Look, i blame mankind and nature. But I'm an atheist, you are not.

Simple questions to you(again): God made man, and he knows the future, right? yes or no

Now say I made a robot capable of killing, and I programmed it to do so.
I also 100% knew it was going to kill someone, and even knew what day and time it was going to happen if I let it out.

Now knowing all that, I unleash it upon your relatives, and surprise-surprise, it kills your family. Are you more mad at me, or are you more mad at that robot?
The robot did as I programmed it, and i knew exactly what it was going to do when it was going to do it.

If we took this to court, you and I both know, I would be the one to blame and would be guilty of the murder, right?!?
yes or no

If the robot actually had free-will and could somehow change the future that I already know will happen, then maybe it's the robot's fault as well.

But again, you say god knows the future and all that will happen, right?

This really isn't hard to comprehend. I say no god exists, so only man and natural forces are to blame, but you have concocted this idea were god makes killing machines that he knows exactly when and where they will kill and does nothing, except unleash upon the earth to do so. It's like sending rabid dogs on a playground, except instead of being 99% sure they'll hurt someone, you are 100% sure and you know exactly who dies and how.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Pope warns: "If you’re pro-abortion you’ll be excommunicated "

http://www.maltastar.com/pages/msFullArt.asp?an=11970
Old 05-09-2007, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well duh! The pope can't rape an aborted baby, now can he?!

But on the topic of god and disasters.........

In the bible, it said that Noah built an arc, and floaded the world, right? So have any geologists or historians EVER found this to be true??? There would be evidence, correct?? Dirt DOES tell a story.

And, does anyone remember WHY god did this in the first place???
Because the world was so full of sin, and he wanted to, in a way, start over, correct?
So my point is....why doesn't he do that again?
I can't imagine that the world was any worse than it is right now!!

Religion is a crutch, get over it.

~Stephanie

Quick Reply: Death Penalty