Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: For those that do not smoke marijuana, were it to be legalized would you start?
no
30.19%
I might just try it once
9.43%
yes
60.38%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Debate: Should marijuana be legalized?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jenna
You have a point. If the only basis for something to be illegal is the death factor, then it shouldn't be illegal. Aren't there other reasons why it's illegal though?
timber & cotton.
making hemp growing 100% legal would devistate those industries.

Also the voting majority, i.e. christians are morally apposed to people having a good time, i mean morally apposed to inebriating oneself. They say it's ok to drink alcohol without getting drunk.

But what about buzzed? where does buzzed end and drunk begin.

I act almost exactly the same when buzzed as drunk. except i'm quieter drunk.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Well, like I think I said before... it probably should be legalized. I still think people have way too much of a fluff attitude about it though.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

fluff attitude? the people that are for it do?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
No. Just many people don't take the drug seriously like they should. People who don't do it, people who do... many.

Many people speak of it as though it's a harmless drug or that it's not addictive.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

No. Just many people don't take the drug seriously like they should. People who don't do it, people who do... many.

Many people speak of it as though it's a harmless drug or that it's not addictive.
Nothing in this world is harmless, but as for stuff that's not good for you nothing beats out pot!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I don't take it that seriously. I think it's relatively harmless if done in moderation. I know you say you had a problem with it, and you were a heavy user, but so am i.

Some people can use responsibly, some people it affects worse than others.

I've smoked weed near everyday for 13+ years(yes, it was ok even at home). before my son was born, me and my girl shared an 1/8 or more everyday. that's 2 bowls each near every hour. now i smoke like half of one of those bowls everyday. I am very productive, more so than 90% of people that don't. No one I know is as overall intelligent as I am, and yet i'm a "pot head". I don't sit home and play video games, am possibly the most socially adept person you'd ever meet(i got a big head, but if you met me, you'd probably agree).

yes, it is addictive. not half as addictive as caffeine, tobacco or alcohol though.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by citizen01
Originally Posted by BigMURR
Yeah how many times have you heard of a pot head beating their kids. Hell no they're too lazy to get up, unlike alcohol.

Weed all the way!!!
LOL... Nooowww I know why you were seeing ghosts. (from the do you believe in ghost thread)
haha no I haven't smoked in a couple years... my fiance doesn't like to anymore
Old 04-18-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan
Nothing in this world is harmless, but as for stuff that's not good for you nothing beats out pot!
Are you saying that out of all the things that aren't good for you, pot is the least harmful of them?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, I don't take it that seriously. I think it's relatively harmless if done in moderation. I know you say you had a problem with it, and you were a heavy user, but so am i.

I've smoked weed near everyday for 13+ years(yes, it was ok even at home). before my son was born, me and my girl shared an 1/8 or more everyday. that's 2 bowls each near every hour. now i smoke like half of one of those bowls everyday. I am very productive, more so than 90% of people that don't. No one I know is as overall intelligent as I am, and yet i'm a "pot head". I don't sit home and play video games, am possibly the most socially adept person you'd ever meet(i got a big head, but if you met me, you'd probably agree).

yes, it is addictive. not half as addictive as caffeine, tobacco or alcohol though.
Damn forgot about caffeine.....good point.....and lets just say i need my coffee before i work!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah how many times have you heard of a pot head beating their kids. Hell no they're too lazy to get up, unlike alcohol.

Weed all the way!!!
LOL... Nooowww I know why you were seeing ghosts. (from the do you believe in ghost thread)
But when you met her it was all good huh? Freakin a, what's with girls and false advertising. Once they get that ring it's all over. Get out while you still can for free!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Weed all the way!!!
But when you met her it was all good huh? Freakin a, what's with girls and false advertising. Once they get that ring it's all over. Get out while you still can for free!!!
she has asthma and can't smoke it anymore so if I did she would get ____ed because I'm high and she's not, it's pretty reasonable really.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Are you saying that out of all the things that aren't good for you, pot is the least harmful of them?
Pot < Alcohol, cigarettes, crack, cocaine, heroin, speed, LSD, Meth, **** even Steroids have horrible effect....the list goes on and on

Caffeine which is a great example is probably not as bad but definitely more addiciting
Old 04-18-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am very productive, more so than 90% of people that don't. No one I know is as overall intelligent as I am, and yet i'm a "pot head". I don't sit home and play video games, am possibly the most socially adept person you'd ever meet(i got a big head, but if you met me, you'd probably agree).

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who burst out laughing when reading that
Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^I see. Cool deal then. But we've all heard the other stories. You meet a girl who is in perfect shape, loves to smoke with you, says "can I get you anything" every ten seconds and you make love 4 times a day. Buy her a ring and she's 70 lbs overweight, says no to pot or any other fun thing for that matter, new favorite saying is "get it yourself" and what sex?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
I am very productive, more so than 90% of people that don't. No one I know is as overall intelligent as I am, and yet i'm a "pot head". I don't sit home and play video games, am possibly the most socially adept person you'd ever meet(i got a big head, but if you met me, you'd probably agree).

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who burst out laughing when reading that
Old 04-18-2007, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Caffeine and tobacco aren't mind altering.

If someone is just doing it a few times on the weekends and can keep themselves to such a thing, then I think the drug is relativity's harmless FOR THEM. For many others, it's not, because they don't do it on just the weekends.

Pot smoke is no where near healthy either.

I don't believe pot to be harmless for many people. Maybe for a select few.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

^I see. Cool deal then. But we've all heard the other stories. You meet a girl who is in perfect shape, loves to smoke with you, says "can I get you anything" every ten seconds and you make love 4 times a day. Buy her a ring and she's 70 lbs overweight, says no to pot or any other fun thing for that matter, new favorite saying is "get it yourself" and what sex?
Yeah i know where you were going with that just glad is isn't that way (after 3years)

hell she's a freak sometimes and def. keeps the relationship alive.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Congrats.

Well I was seriously expecting some oposition here. Hmmm... we should organize a meet. And by "meet" I mean we should get high.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Pot < Alcohol, cigarettes, crack, cocaine, heroin, speed, LSD, Meth, **** even Steroids have horrible effect....the list goes on and on

Caffeine which is a great example is probably not as bad but definitely more addiciting
Oh, out of the drugs, pot is the least harmless.

Let me make this clear... IT DOESN'T MAKE IT HARMLESS LIKE MANY PEOPLE, PERHAPS YOU OR PERHAPS NOT YOU THINK. Just because it is "least" harmless, doesn't mean that people ought to have the "it's harmless" attitude.

The results of many people's pot use are not usually positive. Many are tragic.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

^^^like what explain some results you've heard of

Quick Reply: Debate: Should marijuana be legalized?