Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: For those that do not smoke marijuana, were it to be legalized would you start?
no
30.19%
I might just try it once
9.43%
yes
60.38%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Debate: Should marijuana be legalized?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah I'd rather have a pot head behind the wheel than a drunk monster
Old 04-18-2007, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jenna
Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan
Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan
Nothing in this world is harmless, but as for stuff that's not good for you nothing beats out pot!
Are you saying that out of all the things that aren't good for you, pot is the least harmful of them?
Pot < Alcohol, cigarettes, crack, cocaine, heroin, speed, LSD, Meth, **** even Steroids have horrible effect....the list goes on and on

Caffeine which is a great example is probably not as bad but definitely more addiciting
Oh, out of the drugs, pot is the least harmless.

Let me make this clear... IT DOESN'T MAKE IT HARMLESS LIKE MANY PEOPLE, PERHAPS YOU OR PERHAPS NOT YOU THINK. Just because it is "least" harmless, doesn't mean that people ought to have the "it's harmless" attitude.

The results of many people's pot use are not usually positive. Many are tragic.
I apologize for any bad experiences that you have encountered or have heard about but......i know more people then i would like to admit that do and function perfectly fine....not kids but adults with full time jobs and families etc......some people drink wine, have a beer, smoke joint....pick your poison it all alters your state.....but when you abuse it that when things fall apart!

Im just saying the pot is on the level of alcohol and should be legal......
People working at the bank arent itching to get home to shoot themselves up....but smoke a joint now thats not all far fetched.....do you see what im saying!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...Pot smoke is no where near healthy either..
Correct.

Dont fool yourselves: the inhalation of smoke from ANY substance (pot, tobacco, basil or ANYTHING) is NOT safe.

Personally, I am for the decriminalization of drugs, but for no reason other than the Darwinian effect.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what's safer, driving sober or smoking pot at home?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
what's safer, driving sober or smoking pot at home?
For the pot smoker?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

either. it doesn't matter.

Have you heard of all the deaths and maiming by smoknig pot at home? yeah, me neither.

there's some allstate commerical now that claims 1 in 6 drivers will be in an accident. i've been hit twice, myself. I had the classic "sore neck" the first time, and the second a woman slammed into the back of me in rush hour traffic in the rain.

never have i been hurt smoking pot, and honestly, I've been stoned alot more than i've even driven. probably 3times more time?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
either. it doesn't matter.

Have you heard of all the deaths and maiming by smoknig pot at home? yeah, me neither.

there's some allstate commerical now that claims 1 in 6 drivers will be in an accident. i've been hit twice, myself. I had the classic "sore neck" the first time, and the second a woman slammed into the back of me in rush hour traffic in the rain.

never have i been hurt smoking pot, and honestly, I've been stoned alot more than i've even driven. probably 3times more time?
I see your point and that goes back to what I have always said:

It is a people problem, not an 'object' problem.

I must also say that if one is stoned, you should be so OFF the road. But you could easily substitute the word 'stoned' for any number of other words...drunk, angry....anything that causes inattention.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's why i put driving sober.

i don't blame cars for car accidents.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Fsu, I've been done with saying I think pot should be illegal for a while now.

What I am saying is that people don't view pot like they should. I don't want or think it should be compared to anything else that is worse or not as bad as that has nothing to do with it. It's like when one of my 3 sons tries to justify themselves for stealing the cookies off the counter by saying "but my older brother did it too". What the brother did has nothing to do with what he did.

Plain and simple... there isn't a person that can be guaranteed that they will not have a problem resulting from pot. They are not guaranteed they won't be addicted. They're not guaranteed that they won't make a stupid decision. They are not guaranteed that they won't go on to other drugs if they can't get high off of pot anymore. They're not guaranteed that their lung health will not be comprimsed. They're not guaranteed that they won't get a panic attack or have some other aspect of mental health affected. They are not guaranteed anything.

It is not a harmless drug. The chances of one, none or all of the bad side affects, and whatnot, actually happening to you aren't guaranteed either. Like sex... there's a good chance you're not going to get that STD when you go in without a condom but you never, ever know.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fsu, I've been done with saying I think pot should be illegal for a while now.

What I am saying is that people don't view pot like they should. I don't want or think it should be compared to anything else that is worse or not as bad as that has nothing to do with it. It's like when one of my 3 sons tries to justify themselves for stealing the cookies off the counter by saying "but my older brother did it too". What the brother did has nothing to do with what he did.
ok, how do you think I should view it?

Plain and simple... there isn't a person that can be guaranteed that they will not have a problem resulting from pot. They are not guaranteed they won't be addicted. They're not guaranteed that they won't make a stupid decision. They are not guaranteed that they won't go on to other drugs if they can't get high off of pot anymore. They're not guaranteed that their lung health will not be comprimsed. They're not guaranteed that they won't get a panic attack or have some other aspect of mental health affected. They are not guaranteed anything.
there are no guarantees on anything. really that argument can be rolled into one about driving. stupid people make stupid choices. smart people make smart choices. smoking pot impairs people. i don't think anyone denies this. But I personally come up with wonderful ideas when high, and i also write standup comedy better when i am. same goes for me and art or playing music.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i used to puff the cheeba once a day for about 3 years...never was addictive and nothing bad ever came out of it...but since i have been drinkin bad things have definitely came out of that. who is goin to smoke a joint and start a fight, drive real fast, hell....even get out of a chair fast. all i do is just chill, when i get drunk i break stuff and act ridiculous. smoke pot i just laugh and watch athf...anyway, i have been datin my woman for over 2 years now, and she is against me smokin herb, not because its "bad", but because it is illegal, so i dont much anymore out of respect for her. seriously folks, it is a damn plant for christs sake. it aint ecstacy or any other home brewed drug with a buncha chemicals, its just a stronger cigarette pretty much.

p.s- 4:20 is comin soon
Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Dave, you're personal experience are nothing but your personal experiences. If we go by personal experiences, I managed beautifully smoking more weed than you for a lot longer than you. I held a job, I owned a home and all that. It wasn't until the last year or two when it all started to crumble, even my health. I couldn't afford the amount of pot it took to get myself high. I started to think about growing and taking pain medications. Thankfully, I got myself together. I went to meetings... I couldn't stop on my own and I knew that as I had been trying for a long time. It took everything I had to overcome this. All that, just because I thought it'd be cool to get high before first period Bible class.

How do I think you should view it? Well, of course I'd like the whole world to view things the same as I do, lol.

Will you be telling your son, Gavin, all about the wonderful things pot does for you when you're high? Will you have no problem with him smoking pot himself and have no worries that any thing negative will come of it?

Yeah, there's no guarantee you'll be safe at doing anything. Somethings just make sense to "try". I tried driving and the results are immensely more positive than the bong.

Stupid people make stupid choices and smart people make smart ones? There's a grey area there... I certainly don't think the choice of taking part of a mind altering drug all that smart or even terribly stupid.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why is there even a debate as to whether driving stoned or drunk is 'better'? As a former smoker and someone who likes to drink, let me say that you're a punk b*tch if you do either of those and then get behind the wheel.

As far as legalization? LEGALIZE IT. But regulate it.
No one has ever overdosed or died from marajuana. Compare that to how poisonous and dangerous a substance like alcohol is, and combine it with the fact that its available at every corner drugstore. Try and get your head around that.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by itsmethemagicz
p.s- 4:20 is comin soon

Ahhhh I missed hearing that!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

LOL, my last post reads like I was high when I typed it up. I'm not going back and fixing my grammar mistakes though.

i used to puff the cheeba once a day for about 3 years...never was addictive and nothing bad ever came out of it...but since i have been drinkin bad things have definitely came out of that. who is goin to smoke a joint and start a fight, drive real fast, hell....even get out of a chair fast. all i do is just chill, when i get drunk i break stuff and act ridiculous. smoke pot i just laugh and watch athf...anyway, i have been datin my woman for over 2 years now, and she is against me smokin herb, not because its "bad", but because it is illegal, so i dont much anymore out of respect for her. seriously folks, it is a damn plant for christs sake. it aint ecstacy or any other home brewed drug with a buncha chemicals, its just a stronger cigarette pretty much.
Really? I hadn't any idea! Well then, I completely take back everything I've said. Just stronger than a cig... and your personal experience speaks for everybody... and it's just a plant. I've been learned, that's for sure.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^and ppl wonder why everyone thinks sl is going downhill...

give my opinion on the guys topic and get flamed be a sarcastic *****

i dont want to be the next imus, so i'll just say if you were a guy i would call you a dick
Old 04-18-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

^^^and ppl wonder why everyone thinks sl is going downhill...
You made stupid points. In a debate, be prepared to be called on them.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

give my opinion on the guys topic and get flamed be a sarcastic *****
Surprised? Wow, this must be your first internet forum. lol
Old 04-18-2007, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Marijuana should be legalized for responsible smokers. www.norml.org
Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no its not my first forum, but it is my first one where so many ppl are smartasses...anyways, back on topic

Quick Reply: Debate: Should marijuana be legalized?