Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: For those that do not smoke marijuana, were it to be legalized would you start?
no
30.19%
I might just try it once
9.43%
yes
60.38%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Debate: Should marijuana be legalized?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jenna
Dave, you're personal experience are nothing but your personal experiences. If we go by personal experiences, I managed beautifully smoking more weed than you for a lot longer than you. I held a job, I owned a home and all that. It wasn't until the last year or two when it all started to crumble, even my health. I couldn't afford the amount of pot it took to get myself high. I started to think about growing and taking pain medications. Thankfully, I got myself together. I went to meetings... I couldn't stop on my own and I knew that as I had been trying for a long time. It took everything I had to overcome this. All that, just because I thought it'd be cool to get high before first period Bible class.

How do I think you should view it? Well, of course I'd like the whole world to view things the same as I do, lol.

Will you be telling your son, Gavin, all about the wonderful things pot does for you when you're high? Will you have no problem with him smoking pot himself and have no worries that any thing negative will come of it?

Yeah, there's no guarantee you'll be safe at doing anything. Somethings just make sense to "try". I tried driving and the results are immensely more positive than the bong.

Stupid people make stupid choices and smart people make smart ones? There's a grey area there... I certainly don't think the choice of taking part of a mind altering drug all that smart or even terribly stupid.
so your health went downhill from smoking weed? sorry to hear. I didn't know people's health went so far in the ____ter from smoking pot alone.

I swear there are lots of people that smoke everyday in til their in their 40s and 50s? most of my friends are alot older than i am, and they all smoke more pot than i do now, and I don't hang out with junkies. All home owners of different tax brackets, and they work a variety of different jobs.

So if you say everything was beautiful for you, smoking everyday for more than 13 years, how did pot go bad for you? I don't really believe you smoked more than i did. I was related to a grower.

I smoked cigarettes for 13 years(pack and half a day or more), and just quit in december. no patches, no therapy and my health is so much better now, and i actually upped my smoking pot a bit during my coarse of quitting.

i'm not telling my son about smoking pot, until he's like 15+. I got 2 younger brothers 13&14 right now, both are at the age they should be talked to. But I want to be honest and talk to them, but my mom thinks i shouldn't. I'm respecting that, and probably not saying anything til they're out of school.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by PRODIGY3000
Originally Posted by itsmethemagicz
give my opinion on the guys topic and get flamed be a sarcastic *****
Surprised? Wow, this must be your first internet forum. lol
Old 04-18-2007, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

^^^and ppl wonder why everyone thinks sl is going downhill...

give my opinion on the guys topic and get flamed be a sarcastic *****

i dont want to be the next imus, so i'll just say if you were a guy i would call you a dick
Oh dear, that wasn't flaming. I smoked pot for 15 or so years. You were five or so when I started. Your little experience with pot does NOT speak for others and it's ridiculous that you implied that it should.

You said pot was just stronger than a cigarette... how the hell else do you want people to respond to such a comment? Were you looking for "I completely agree" or "that's the most intelligent thing I've heard in the last 4 pages of this thread"?

And next time, if you want to accuse people like me for making this site go down hill, you best not follow it up with being tempted to call me a "nappy headed ho" or that if I were a guy, you'd call me a dick. That is hypocritical... amazingly hypocritical.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my first one where so many ppl are smartasses
it's why i feel at home.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default INTERESTING EMAIL I JUST GOT...

some munchi...er...food for thought lol

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors
Cannabis Compound Slows Cancer Spread In Mice, Researchers Say

(WebMD) Cannabis may be bad for the lungs, but the active ingredient in marijuana may help combat lung cancer, new research suggests.

In lab and mouse studies, the compound, known as THC, cut lung tumor growth in half and helped prevent the cancer from spreading, says Anju Preet, PhD, a Harvard University researcher in Boston who tested the chemical.

While a lot more work needs to be done, the results suggest THC has therapeutic potential, she tells WebMD.

Moreover, other early research suggests the cannabis compound could help fight brain, prostate, and skin cancers as well, Preet says.

The findings were presented at the annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research.

The finding builds on the recent discovery of the body's own cannabinoid system, Preet says. Known as endocannabinoids, the natural cannabinoids stimulate appetite and control pain and inflammation.

THC seeks out, attaches to, and activates two specific endocannabinoids that are present in high amounts on lung cancer cells, Preet says. This revs up their natural anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation can promote the growth and spread of cancer.

In the new study, the researchers first demonstrated that THC inhibited the growth and spread of cells from two different lung cancer cell lines and from patient lung tumors. Then, they injected THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells. After three weeks, tumors shrank by about 50 percent, compared with tumors in untreated mice.

Preet notes that animals injected with THC seem to get high, showing signs of clumsiness and getting the munchies. You would expect to see the same thing in humans, so if this work does pan out, getting the dose right is going to be all important, she says.

Paul B. Fisher, PhD, a professor of clinical pathology at Columbia University, says that though the work is interesting, it's still very early.

The issue with using a drug of this type becomes the window of
concentration that will be effective. Can you physiologically achieve what you want without causing unwanted effects, he tells WebMD.

By Charlene Laino
Old 04-18-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

k yall can have this too yourselves im outta here. 8=========D
Old 04-18-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when the tough gets going, the weak run away?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, not a quitter....got better things to do than argue over pot
Old 04-18-2007, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but you're still here, arguing over pot...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

look, check out alot of my posts. i have seemingly "crazy" views about things, and have to come up with b.s. all the time to fend off the horde. it's fun. and since this isn't face to face, you don't have to show you're getting mad. stay and play (look im more on your side than anyone else)
Old 04-18-2007, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave

so your health went downhill from smoking weed? sorry to hear. I didn't know people's health went so far in the ____ter from smoking pot alone.
It probably wasn't the cause or the only cause but it surely didn't encourage my onset of Asthma. It certainly didn't help. I should of been more clear about that.

I swear there are lots of people that smoke everyday in til their in their 40s and 50s? most of my friends are alot older than i am, and they all smoke more pot than i do now, and I don't hang out with junkies. All home owners of different tax brackets, and they work a variety of different jobs.
Yeah, my "dealer" was an older guy. He was in good health and not a junkie. But, if what they say is true about marijuana being 4 times worse than a cigarette, that can't be pro-healthy.

So if you say everything was beautiful for you, smoking everyday for more than 13 years, how did pot go bad for you? I don't really believe you smoked more than i did. I was related to a grower.
Well, it wasn't until the last few years that I slowly was unable to get high anymore. Eventually, I would sit and smoke a 20 sack on my own and not feel a damn thing. During this same 2 years or so, I isolated myself from my family for some reason (I found out later that isolating from family members is very much common in NA), couldn't even answer the phone. Since I was smoking so much, I would spend a lot of money. $40 a day adds up to way more than I can afford, especially when you have a huge house payment, car payment and such.

I smoked a lot. My "dealer" (quotes are because he was a good friend), for about 10 years, would accept pizza for payment and I happened to manage pizza places for a long while. After I stopped working there is when I started to have to pay (duh) and unfortunately, that's when things went out of control.

I smoked cigarettes for 13 years(pack and half a day or more), and just quit in december. no patches, no therapy and my health is so much better now, and i actually upped my smoking pot a bit during my coarse of quitting.
Congratulations! Smoking came hand in hand with weed with me. I don't know if I could smoke pot and then not have a cigarette. I am a weak person though.

i'm not telling my son about smoking pot, until he's like 15+. I got 2 younger brothers 13&14 right now, both are at the age they should be talked to. But I want to be honest and talk to them, but my mom thinks i shouldn't. I'm respecting that, and probably not saying anything til they're out of school.
Plans are always good. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to keep my older boys comfortable talking about sex with us. Lordy, that's not fun.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

look, check out alot of my posts. i have seemingly "crazy" views about things, and have to come up with b.s. all the time to fend off the horde. it's fun. and since this isn't face to face, you don't have to show you're getting mad. stay and play (look im more on your side than anyone else)
Well, you do put some thought into your crazy views though. Although I disagree with almost everything you've ever said, you're not just holding your butt over the keyboard and hoping whatever falls out hits the keys and forms words.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, guess i can see where your comin from dave, kinda does sound like fun...maybe i'll stick around

Old 04-18-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-18-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got me some nugs and a my bob marley greatest hits cd waitin for 4:20 man
Old 04-18-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, yes, yes. Marilize legajuana. Maybe then it won't cost me $50 for a sack. If I weren't ripped, some of these topics/opinions/rude people on this site would really bum me out. Haven't had a drop of alcohol in 7+ years, and haven't went a day of that time without puffin'. "DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW UNTIL YOU VIOLATE THE RIGHTS OF ANOTHER.." Release all non-violent criminals and make room for the rapists and murderers that belong there. I think this whole country is high not to see the problems prohibition imposes upon a "free" society. Seeds and stems rule, puff puff give, pass it to the left, blah blah blah blah blah....
Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by PhatPauly
Yes, yes, yes. Marilize legajuana. Maybe then it won't cost me $50 for a sack. If I weren't ripped, some of these topics/opinions/rude people on this site would really bum me out. Haven't had a drop of alcohol in 7+ years, and haven't went a day of that time without puffin'. "DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW UNTIL YOU VIOLATE THE RIGHTS OF ANOTHER.." Release all non-violent criminals and make room for the rapists and murderers that belong there. I think this whole country is high not to see the problems prohibition imposes upon a "free" society. Seeds and stems rule, puff puff give, pass it to the left, blah blah blah blah blah....
Too bad I don't mess with the stuff anymore. I'd bring you some real weed from Seattle when I move to WI in a year, lol.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It probably wasn't the cause or the only cause but it surely didn't encourage my onset of Asthma. It certainly didn't help. I should of been more clear about that.
smoking just abuot anything would have caused that. breathing unclean air too. really not fair to blame any of that on pot. and being you said you smoked cigarettes, that really miscontrues your statement that pot did much to your health.

Yeah, my "dealer" was an older guy. He was in good health and not a junkie. But, if what they say is true about marijuana being 4 times worse than a cigarette, that can't be pro-healthy.
the 4 times worse thing, is because of how pot is enhaled when smoking a joint. You enhale much harder, and there's no filter. personally I smoke out of glass, and pretty lightly.

Well, it wasn't until the last few years that I slowly was unable to get high anymore. Eventually, I would sit and smoke a 20 sack on my own and not feel a damn thing. During this same 2 years or so, I isolated myself from my family for some reason (I found out later that isolating from family members is very much common in NA), couldn't even answer the phone. Since I was smoking so much, I would spend a lot of money. $40 a day adds up to way more than I can afford, especially when you have a huge house payment, car payment and such.
you smoked as much as i did, until my kid was born. $40 a day(split between 2 people) = 1/8 in my neighborhood. I didn't get that high either, it's cuz I made my tolerance so high.

I learned about 3 years ago, if you smoke like you just started, yuo'll almost get as high like yuo just started. Take 2 or 3 puffs off a pipe a day, and that's it and you won't screw yourself up. on my days off, which i get twice a month, i may do that 2 times.

i'm honestly not trying to play "analyze and debate", but isolating yourself from family is a sign of depression, not being stoned, and not answering the phone, ok that's probably from paranoia from being high. maybe from depression. I got alot of that in my family, "Back in the day" I was manic depressive. 1800mg of lithium a day is what i finally settled on until i found the magic of lsd, that changed my outlook, and helped me fix my emotional problem. Nowadays, if i didn't smoke weed, i would probably be on anti-depressants.

Plans are always good. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to keep my older boys comfortable talking about sex with us. Lordy, that's not fun.
i'd love to hear how that goes!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can cut down on the brutal tax on your lungs if you smoke from a bong. Water filtration is the safest way to inhale if you're really into smoking pot.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

smoking just abuot anything would have caused that. breathing unclean air too. really not fair to blame any of that on pot. and being you said you smoked cigarettes, that really miscontrues your statement that pot did much to your health.
Like I said, I should of been more clear about that.

the 4 times worse thing, is because of how pot is enhaled when smoking a joint. You enhale much harder, and there's no filter. personally I smoke out of glass, and pretty lightly.[/quote]

It's how it's inhaled smoking it any way, you know that.

i'd love to hear how that goes!
The other day my 11 year old and I were waiting in downtown Everett, at 11pm, for my stepfather to get off of work and to take my son. My son wanted to go outside the xB and play. I told him why we don't go playing out in Everett at this time of night and that there are bad people.. some of which might want to grab you and go touch his privates. I asked him if he knew what rape was and the kid turned all red, hid his face and yelled at me to stop talking.

We're not making much progress.

Quick Reply: Debate: Should marijuana be legalized?