Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: For those that do not smoke marijuana, were it to be legalized would you start?
no
30.19%
I might just try it once
9.43%
yes
60.38%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Debate: Should marijuana be legalized?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by citizen01
Wow... I didn't realize scion drivers were so liberal. Nobody is against the legalization of marijuana?
100% against marijuana legalization
Old 04-19-2007, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

finally something we can both agree on
Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by low_down_xb
make it legal, NO never, bunch of hippies go hug a tree or something, your the reason i carry a gun, you come at me while your high on drugs im gonna put one in your chest, thats just the way i feel about it, drugs do NOTHING and why cant people realize that, it only causes more problems for everyone, for the people that have kids and still do drugs, i hope child welfare takes them away from you and puts your but in jail,i could go on but i wont, its kinda funny because i just had this conversation with someone today at work when we were talking about the VT shootings.......
Right shoot them all....excellent closed minded, ignorant piece of crap opinion! A little hypocritcal to mention VT shootings and talk about shooting people yourself...unless of course you are the columbine type which woundlnt suprise me....the only thing that needs to be censored is ignorance like yours....

For or aganist pot....i dont care....do it in a properly formulated opinion and maybe people might listen!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Originally Posted by citizen01
Wow... I didn't realize scion drivers were so liberal. Nobody is against the legalization of marijuana?
100% against marijuana legalization
You're no fun unless you elaborate, lol.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok you can say what you want, but you just remember what you say about this topic and feel the way you want but i bet your attitude would change if one of your family members was killed by somone all hopped up on drugs, " but it was legal" they will say, "and i had a right to do it". so im the ignorant piece of crap huh...hopefully this never happens to you but if it does im sure you will be singing a different toon.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

ok you can say what you want, but you just remember what you say about this topic and feel the way you want but i bet your attitude would change if one of your family members was killed by somone all hopped up on drugs, " but it was legal" they will say, "and i had a right to do it". so im the ignorant piece of crap huh...hopefully this never happens to you but if it does im sure you will be singing a different toon.
I don't think you're ignorant but your post had blanket statements, assumptions about character and hopefully not a well thought out statement about children of pot smokers.

If you've had someone killed due to someone else's drug use, then I can understand your post a lot better. It would, of course, cause you to go all 'hog wild' in your post. If not, I think you could of taken a bit of time and not called pot smokers hippies and that you'd put holes in their chests.

There should be a reasonable reaction to an action.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Low down, one thing that I think you're failing to realize is what we're talking about. You haven't said it outright, but you seem to be encompassing all illegal substances into one category.

If that's the case then let's focus on the real killers. Alcohol and cigarettes, which ARE legal and which kill more people a day in this country than anything else. Whether it be from drunk driving to liver disease to lung cancer.

BTW the next time someone comes up to you and does something violent to warrant you to draw your piece on them, it won't be because they're on marijuana. If that happened it would be the first time because as the Jamaicans say, "I neva met me an angry pot smokah."

However, I can't speak for any other drug. Whereas it doesn't take more than one 6 pack to ____ off some people.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

to me almost all weed smokers I know are just total stoners , they are lazy , annoying and just blah. very very annoying lol.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Post a death of marijuana over dose. Ill wait
Old 04-19-2007, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xBill-E
end of thread
Old 04-19-2007, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Tobacco is a DRUG, pain killers are DRUGS, Alcohol is a DRUG. So if a drunk person or a person smoking a cig came up to you, you would shoot them?

People smoking cigs in cars are doing drugs and driving, shoot them all too.

Only time ive seen or delt with people smoking marijuana and driving is the retarted kids my age (17 years old) that smoke weed to sit and laugh all day they drive like retards and dont pay attention.

If youve never smoked weed before then you dont know that when you are high, or stoned, you have no mind set to hurt anyone, shoot something/someone or anything like that.

Your choice to smoke weed should be decided on your self and your opinion on it, and your research. Also I think when it is legalized in the future the problem with people growing it and etc like that.

^How many people do you know grow their own tobacco and brew their own beer? Don't worry, ill wait.

Get rid of beer and tobacco and legalize marijuana.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by xBill-E
I don't think anybody said people died from a marijuana overdose, did they?

Only time ive seen or delt with people smoking marijuana and driving is the retarted kids my age (17 years old) that smoke weed to sit and laugh all day they drive like retards and dont pay attention.
I normally get ticked when people use the word retarded in an offensive way but since you're using it to describe someone stupid, yet misspelled the word at the same time, I can only laugh, lol.

^How many people do you know grow their own tobacco and brew their own beer? Don't worry, ill wait.
More waiting? It's good once, the second time I think we're justified in giving you crap about it, lol. [/quote]
Old 04-19-2007, 11:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i never said that alcohol and tobacoo werent drugs or that their not dangerous, but i can see that your all just set on doing your drugs so ill leave you alone to sit in your basements, but let me just remind you that it is ILLEGAL and their is nothing YOU are going to do to change it.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

ahh ok its time for me to step my foot in on this topic....

legalization, of course. marijuana has many benefits outside of smoking it. you can use it for fiber, paper, fuel, shelter, and many other uses. of course as stated before companies who already control these markets have powerful lobbiest who could shed darkness on marijuana as another alternative.

ive been smoking pot for over 2 years now, and besides being stoned and eating whole pizza pies from little ceasars, ive met other pot smokers that have turned out to be great people. ive also talked to medicinal users and have been well educated on the medical uses for cannabolid drugs.

using pot doesnt necessarily mean you have to smoke it. my half sister, who is 32, suffers from multiple sclerosis. she has tried other drugs out there to help her disease, some which have worked, but have side effects of which she would rather not cope with. she DOESNT SMOKE IT, but brews marijuana tea to help her shakes and muscle spasms. one cup of marijuana tea helps her keep control of her body, she feels no pain, and it has no consequental side effects.

as far as regulation, i think marijuana should be looked upon as fruits or vegetables. you can either go buy it at a store, or grow your own at home, but have some special licensing from the state saying that you are growing marijuana for personal consumption, and that selling it outside of your house is in violation of the law and be treated as a criminal.

hotbox05, ive taken on the label of being a stoner, but im not a failure. under the influence im actually more motivated to be productive then lazy, most of my projects that i work on my xa i do while smoking a joint, and all my hardwork has paid off this past weekend of me winning my first two trophies in one weekend. so to say that "all weed smokers I know are just total stoners , they are lazy , annoying and just blah" i take an insult to that. if anything all the wack post i see you shooting on SL are pretty annoying and "just blah."

at least the majority of us on this forum are educated about the drug, and that what this country needs to push for legalization.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, got bored reading all the circular arguments, so I'll throw out something new here:

Nobody ever said drugs are exactly healthy. Most things we do are unhealthy as a matter of fact, because is life is supposed to be enjoyed, and frankly, many enjoyable things are unhealthy; Steak, beer, cheeseburgers, alcohol....

however, we've come to accept that doing these things every day, all day is unhealthy, and that moderation of most things, even something very unhealthy like I tripple chili cheeseburgrer can be enjoyed on a moderate level with minimal risks.

Making drug laws based off of those few who can't control those things is like making driving laws based off of Ted Kennedy's driving. It doesn't make sense to control the masses based off of how the few will behave. This gets into the Darwinist aspect of things.

Now, after saying all of that, let me get to the real point here:

Yes, drugs are bad, but the hyper-inflated profits created by their illegal status is far worse.

The reason violence is associated with the drug world is simple: if I'm making $10k/week because of my illegal activity, I have a lot to lose if I can't do it any longer, or if someone is cutting into my profits due to theft or encroachement of my territory. Because of the money these uneducated street thugs make, they don't give two snips about school, hence, we got a lot of kids in school looking at Johnny on the block driving around in $50k worth of auto (still living at mom's house btw) and think, "that's gonna be me, why I need to listen to this idiot only making 20 g's a year, when I'm gonna be clockin that every month?"

The whole thing feeds into itself. Now imagine a world where an 8 ball doesn't cost $200, and a quarter of primo herb doesn't cost $125/quarter? Imagine a world where the same 8 ball costs $20 (with 1/2 of that going to the government), and the same primo herb going for $12.50 for a quarter. First off, we don't have to worry about crack heads stealing stuff to pay for a rock, they'll be able to buy enough rocks with one VCR to smoke themselves to death. Yup, during the transition the addicts will go crazy, but let them. It's only a short transitional period, and they'll serve as countless bad examples to point to when they start dying off.

Drugs should be legalized because it is quite simply the best way to regulate and control their effects.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bet your attitude would change if one of your family members was killed by somone all hopped up on drugs, " but it was legal" they will say, "and i had a right to do it".
This makes no sense: Nobody ever has a right to kill anyone who isn't threatening them. Period. If I drink a 5th of Vodka and kill someone by either shooting them in the face or running them over, I'm going to be arrested for several charges, and then most likely convicted, at the minimum of Manslaughter.

There is always some risk to living. 15k years ago it was Sabertooth tigers. Today it's cars, elevators, escalators, falling debris, hate crimes, and loads of other things, but we no longer have to have 20 offspring with the hopes that 8 will make it to adulthood to breed.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this seems to be a one sided argument here, do all the drugs you want and when you die from it, i wont have to hear it anymore.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this seems to be a one sided argument here, do all the drugs you want and when you die from it, i wont have to hear it anymore.
And that is a ridiculous arguement.

Economically speaking, we are far better off by legalizing and regulating than we are with the current situation. And what I mean by "economically speaking", is not just about money. Taking all factors into consideration, including health, it is still the better alternative.

This isn't about whether or not you or me want to drugs. 40 billion (every year with an gianormous increase every year) of your tax dollars is paying for a war against the citizens of this country.

I ask you, when was the last time the Bud man did a drive by at the Miller's?
Old 04-19-2007, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wrong this is an open minded, Well formulated argument, with actual opinions and full thoughts…..your responses are just hot air…...Jenna is against it and yet her arguments are concise opinions.....if you cant see both sides then why bother even commenting.....

Dont come back and you wont have to read anymore either....
Old 04-19-2007, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why dont we just change the laws so nothing is illegal, including murder and rape, because as you seem to think none of these things happen when people are on drugs, so make them legal too

Quick Reply: Debate: Should marijuana be legalized?