Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: For those that do not smoke marijuana, were it to be legalized would you start?
no
30.19%
I might just try it once
9.43%
yes
60.38%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Debate: Should marijuana be legalized?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I find it humorous that a guy calling himself "hotbox" is against littering aaaand, littering aaaand, smoking the reefer.....

And dave, I know loads of people that brew their own beer. I use to do it in college, not because it was cheaper (it wasn't by a long shot) but it made for such amazing beer!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah hotbox refers to a hot box as in a hot scion xb.....
Old 04-19-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Dude, I didn't smoke that much in college, I knew what it refered to, but it's still funny.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Old 04-19-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

lol . and where did I say I was against littering? I mean I am against littering but aren't most people? lol
Old 04-19-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lol . and where did I say I was against littering? I mean I am against littering but aren't most people? lol
I always throw out those Dolphin catchers from my six packs
Old 04-19-2007, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's a reference to Super Troopers. I'm going to see if I can drop one every day I'm here until football season starts.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCTaco
I always throw out those Dolphin catchers from my six packs
If anyone has another way of catching dolphins, I'm all ears, because this seems to be the best technique to catching them alive.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
I find it humorous that a guy calling himself "hotbox" is against littering aaaand, littering aaaand, smoking the reefer.....

And dave, I know loads of people that brew their own beer. I use to do it in college, not because it was cheaper (it wasn't by a long shot) but it made for such amazing beer!
I know quite a few that do, i do live in the microbrew capital.
i didn't say people don't. i think someone else did.

you can brew up to 200 gallons a year at home, for personal use. I wish they put similar laws in for marijuana.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oops, my bad, you're right. (unless the other guy is named dave too, then in that case I was talking about someone else named dave.)
Old 04-20-2007, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've done some drugs, but I don't do them anymore and haven't for quite some time. If they were legal I still wouldn't do them. My mind is warped enough as it is, I don't need anything helping it go deeper. I am for legalizing all drugs, though. Do whatever the hell you want to your body as long as it doesn't affect me. Use the same laws for drugs that you do for alcohol and you're all set. (driving, age limits, etc.) Hemp really does have massive potential for multiple products and uses. It's a shame such powerful organizations are allowed to stiffarm new tech from coming out. (much like many non-fossil energy possibilities)
Old 04-20-2007, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if everyone smoked there wouldnt be war or fighting.. when i smoke im about calm as hell.. and find everything funny!! i mean.. smoke and watch pres bush address the nation... its freakin hilarious!!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Dude, I didn't smoke that much in college, I knew what it refered to, but it's still funny.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well i figure its relevant.....so for those who can...take an extra hit for me!!

Old 04-20-2007, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Happy 4/20

No one can really tell us what would happen is marijuana was legalized, unless they legalize it.

I am 17, got a job, got a car (my scion), and got around enough money to get a small house. I also graduated a year early. I don't see what the problem is smoking everyday.

I'm no addict, to prove that I stopped smoking for around 4 months to prove someone wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_%28drug%29

Thats good information about it (copy/paste link)
Old 04-20-2007, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey hey hey hey....smoke weed everyday...
Old 04-20-2007, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Kokujin
Hey hey hey hey....smoke weed everyday...
Old 04-20-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

row row row my blunt, twist it at the end, roll it up take a puff pass it to a friend!
Old 06-01-2007, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Darn it! Why does it always take me a while to get in on these topics….

I know that one cannot argue their position on this topic based on personal experience, but it does help to be able to understand where someone is coming from. And from my personal experiences, I feel that the “statistics” that “prove” that marijuana is “harmful” are purely coincidental.

I consider myself a “responsible user”. If I cannot afford it, I don’t buy it. If I have had enough that I feel too impaired to drive, then I don’t drive. If it interferes with my relationships, then I don’t smoke it. I have been smoking for about 10 years, and it has not ruined my life.

The first 4 years, I was in High School. Based on the “facts about marijuana”, and the amount that I smoked, I should have been a H.S. dropout that couldn’t hold a job for more than a weekend because I was too busy stealing/murdering/raping in order to support my drug habit. WRONG!! I graduated with a 3.0 GPA, was never fired from a job, and didn’t do anything illegal (except smoke, of course).

In college, I slowed down, but still smoked frequently. Once again, I should have been a dropout living on welfare and possessing a record of being a “dangerous criminal”. But once again, it was the opposite. I graduated, worked for my money, and still have not been arrested for any criminal activity (not even for smoking a joint).

On a side note, the original class in my field consisted of about 30 people (roughly 50% of us were potheads). By the end of the 2nd year, 7 of us graduated (and with “honors”). 100% of the “responsible/sober” students dropped out, 50% of the “potheads” dropped out, and the 7 remaining “graduates” celebrated by smoking a ¼ pound (4 ounces) of chronic, with our teacher. So if “statistics” are the basis for the argument that marijuana causes “intellectual deficiency”, then we successfully debunked that theory with a college study…

Now, I am an occasional user. I am saving my money for more important things, and I am trying to stay relatively “clean” so I can pass the “tests” that are supposedly relevant to being able to work.

Aside from financial reasons (buying off the “black market”) and social reasons (it is illegal), I honestly do not believe that marijuana has had any negative effect on my life. That is why I disagree with it being illegal. It has not made me worthless, it has not made me a “bad person”, it has not made me prone to doing anything I wouldn’t otherwise do, except maybe allow me to tolerate mundane tasks. For all I know, if I did not smoke pot, I could have been diagnosed with ADD and be on Ritalin.

Now for the “health concerns” relating to marijuana…

“marijuana smoke is 4 times worse than tobacco smoke”. I don’t know the scientific specifics, but I would have to agree. If I smoked 20 joints of cigarette size and without a filter , I’m pretty sure I would be able to confirm this finding after 1 day with nothing more than the feeling of my lungs the next morning….

So is there a “health concern” associated with eating pot? Is there a “health concern” associated with using a vaporizer? Is there a “health concern” associated with THC? Besides from the smoke, is there a reason why marijuana is bad for a person’s health?

For those that simply state “it is illegal” or “it is a drug” without backing up anything with either a factual or “opinionated” explanation, and then respond to others’ thoughts with “Die! I’ll shoot you myself”…. here’s a symbolic piece of TP, please flush before you leave, and don’t fall in…..
Old 06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pot should be illegal for everyone but me to grow and smoke.

That way, when i get pulled over, I just can say, "Don't worry, it's me Dave" and I'll just get the nod.

Soft knocks at the door...
Who is it?
It's me, Dave. Open up, man, I got the stuff.

Who is it?
It's me, Dave, man. Open up, I got the stuff.
Who?
It's, Dave, man. Open up, I think the cops saw me come in here.

Who is it?
It's, Dave, man. Will you open up, I got the stuff with me.
Who?
Dave, man. Open up.
Dave?
Yeah, Dave. C'mon, man, open up, I think the cops saw me.
Dave's not here.
No, man, I'm Dave, man.

Hey, c'mon, man.
Who is it?
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me.
Who?
Dave, man. Open up.
Dave?
Yeah, Dave.
Dave's not here.
What the hell? No, man, I am Dave, man. Will you...

C'mon! Open up the door, will you? I got the stuff with me, I think the cops saw me.
Who is it?
Oh, what the hell is it...c'mon. Open up the door! It's Dave!
Who?
Dave! D-A-V-E! Will you open up the goddam door!
Dave?
Yeah, Dave!
Dave?
Right, man. Dave. Now will you open up the door?
Dave's not here

Quick Reply: Debate: Should marijuana be legalized?