Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Did my taxes

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:22 PM
SL Member

Default Did my taxes

So I filed my taxes last night and it was such a great experience. I got to write off all the parts I bought for the car because I use my car for marketing for Scion. So that was a huge bonus and I am getting $6,200 back!!! So now I can move to Texas and get some wheels (finally). If anyone is in MA pm for this tax guy. He is unbelievable!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow 6200! nice
Old 01-23-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2

WAY nice.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default Re: Did my taxes

Originally Posted by tc1stgen
So I filed my taxes last night and it was such a great experience. I got to write off all the parts I bought for the car because I use my car for marketing for Scion. So that was a huge bonus and I am getting $6,200 back!!! So now I can move to Texas and get some wheels (finally). If anyone is in MA pm for this tax guy. He is unbelievable!!!
Nice....Moving to Texas? What part?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We are getting an $8326 refund from state/federal combined . One of the benefits of getting married . Except no mods for me...it's going towards a deck for our backyard
Old 01-23-2008, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by HR_Guy
We are getting an $8326 refund from state/federal combined . One of the benefits of getting married . Except no mods for me...it's going towards a deck for our backyard
Kids??? Do you have to be married? The fiance and I are do our taxes together so it should be the same as if we were right?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:49 PM
mcd
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You lucky bastards! I have to send the government money 4 times a year
Old 01-23-2008, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by mcd
You lucky bastards! I have to send the government money 4 times a year
I had to for the last 4 years.....For some reason, when your single and dont own anything and according to them "Make too much" they take a butt load from you through out the year and then want you to pay more at the end of the year....WTF.....
I hope now with a house among other things, I should be getting a healthy dose back!
Old 01-23-2008, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCTaco
Kids??? Do you have to be married? The fiance and I are do our taxes together so it should be the same as if we were right?
No kids, we just got married last year. But filing when married has tax benefits which are not available when engaged. I'm not sure how you can file together when not married. What do you file as?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

No kids, we just got married last year. But filing when married has tax benefits which are not available when engaged. I'm not sure how you can file together when not married. What do you file as?
Dunno...gonna find out. We do have Common Law Marriage here in Texas and I think we can be considered that. The house is in both of our names as well
Old 01-23-2008, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ The house will help if you bought it in 07. I bought mine two years ago and it was a nice break.

Hurry up and get married, if for nothing else, just for tax reasons
Old 01-23-2008, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

^^ The house will help if you bought it in 07. I bought mine two years ago and it was a nice break.

Yeah we bought it in Feb of 07...Plus we got a first time buyers deal and a grant from the govt, which states that we will recieve an automatic 2g's a year from them. So I know I am atleast getting that.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:03 PM
SL Member

Default Re: Did my taxes

Originally Posted by tc1stgen
Nice....Moving to Texas? What part?
Outside of Fort Hood in Belton. Yeah my girls is getting $1500 so combined we are getting $7700! Definately excited even though most of it will go in savings. But maybe some of those savings could go towards my turbo...
Old 01-23-2008, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

make sure you are not claiming something that you got reimbursed.......
tax laws are getting more strict.....any fraudulent returns will be fined at least a minimum of 1000$ or more....
Old 01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
SL Member

No I was never reimbursed for anything that is why I asked if I could claim it. I am just so excited to have this much of a refund!
Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah we bought it in Feb of 07...Plus we got a first time buyers deal and a grant from the govt, which states that we will recieve an automatic 2g's a year from them. So I know I am atleast getting that.
The house will get you a VERY nice break! Interest paid on the mortgage is tax deductible, and since you're early in the loan, the majority of your payments go to interest rather than the principle.
There are a ton of other deduction possibilities depending on what you may use as tools for work. Meaning, if you bought a new computer and you use that computer to access work-related material or you do work from the house, then that computer can be considered a tax deduction due to necessary tools for work. The same thing goes for cell phone bills. If you use the cell for business-related conversations, then part of the bill can be considered for a tax deduction.
There is an EXCELLENT accountant on the North side of Houston named Joe Becker. We've been using this guy for the past several years and he never fails to get us a return! Check him out. http://www.beckerstaxservice.com/
Old 01-23-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by UV7

The house will get you a VERY nice break! Interest paid on the mortgage is tax deductible, and since you're early in the loan, the majority of your payments go to interest rather than the principle.
There are a ton of other deduction possibilities depending on what you may use as tools for work. Meaning, if you bought a new computer and you use that computer to access work-related material or you do work from the house, then that computer can be considered a tax deduction due to necessary tools for work. The same thing goes for cell phone bills. If you use the cell for business-related conversations, then part of the bill can be considered for a tax deduction.
There is an EXCELLENT accountant on the North side of Houston named Joe Becker. We've been using this guy for the past several years and he never fails to get us a return! Check him out. http://www.beckerstaxservice.com/
Thanks Jeff...Ill check him out
Old 01-24-2008, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a little over 3 grand back between me and my wife and I was ____ed!

I don't get why people get excited over getting money back. It's your money that you're getting back, so you just gave the government and interest free loan. I'd much rather get that money in my paycheck and invest it personally.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
I got a little over 3 grand back between me and my wife and I was ____ed!

I don't get why people get excited over getting money back. It's your money that you're getting back, so you just gave the government and interest free loan. I'd much rather get that money in my paycheck and invest it personally.
VOTE RON PAUL 2008!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did my estimate...sick..owe them 3500$

Quick Reply: Did my taxes