Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

ding dong the witch is dead

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ding dong the witch is dead

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/15/jer....ap/index.html

really glad myself, what a horrible guy, spreading hate and inclusion.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I swear to God... there is a post at this on that other debate board I linked you to a while back and I just posted " *hums to self* Ding dong..."

Someone replied that about how ___ cartoon characters everywhere are sighing in relief, lol.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Ha! You said 'dong.' It's kinda fitting though...
Old 05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, you're happy that someone that wanted other people to die is himself dead?

He was a *****, but how is it ok for you to do the exact same thing to him?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, so he had a supportor here...
he preached and taught intolerance to millions of people. Instead of killing a few people, he helped brainwash millions. the world is much better without him, hopefully pat robertson is up next.

and let's see some of his great sayings
he referred to MLK and what he was doing as "the Civil Wrongs Movement"

"If Chief Justice Warren and his associates had known God’s word and had desired to do the Lord’s will, I am quite confident that the 1954 decision [Brown v. Board of Education] would never have been made…. The facilities should be separate. When God has drawn a line of distinction, we should not attempt to cross that line.”

Openly supported south african apartheid.

Falwell called the ___-oriented Metropolitan Community Churches "brute beasts" and "a vile and Satanic system" that will "one day be utterly annihilated and there will be a celebration in heaven."

"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals."

After the September 11, 2001 attacks, Falwell said on the 700 Club, "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

need i go on? you christians are silly.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:49 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that dude has gone to hell!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by KahunaBlair
So, you're happy that someone that wanted other people to die is himself dead?

He was a *****, but how is it ok for you to do the exact same thing to him?
Sometimes people die and the world is better off without them. There's a lot of people in history who fits that bill, Falwell is one of them.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was going to say, isn't that the guy that said gays/lesbians and people who have abortions are the reason why 9/11 happened?

That always reminded me of what David Cross (Hes a comedian, athiest, so me and him disagree on some stuff, but agree on alot, besides hes hilarious) on why Bin Laden attacked America.

From Wikipedia (I have to edit it a little)

"I don't think Osama bin Laden sent those planes in to attack us because he hated our freedom. I think he did it because of our support for Israel, and our ties with the Saudi family and all our military bases in Saudi Arabia. You know why I think that? Because that's what he f-----g said! Are we a nation of 6-year-olds? Answer: yes."
Old 05-16-2007, 02:34 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by duck_dodgers_24_5
he him self has gone to hell!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
he preached and taught intolerance to millions of people. Instead of killing a few people, he helped brainwash millions. the world is much better without him, hopefully pat robertson is up next.

"If Chief Justice Warren and his associates had known God’s word and had desired to do the Lord’s will, I am quite confident that the 1954 decision [Brown v. Board of Education] would never have been made…. The facilities should be separate. When God has drawn a line of distinction, we should not attempt to cross that line.”

Falwell called the ___-oriented Metropolitan Community Churches "brute beasts" and "a vile and Satanic system" that will "one day be utterly annihilated and there will be a celebration in heaven."

After the September 11, 2001 attacks, Falwell said on the 700 Club, "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

A majority of Christians think he's a joke.....
Old 05-16-2007, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

need i go on?
you christians are silly.

I don't appreciate your attack.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xdorkx
A majority of Christians think he's a joke.....
I never really liked that guy. The way he chose to tell people about Christ probably did more harm than good. I always felt that he was way too legalistic (paying more attention to rules and outward appearances than the heart attitude). While I disagree with how he said things, I do agree with some of what he said. Just because it's politically correct or popular to accept anything and everything our society deems ok, doesn't change how God feel about those issues. Sin is sin, and he called it as he saw it. I just didn't like the way he attacked the person instead of the sin. Anyhow...I didn't really like the guy very much.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was agreeing you until you wrote this silly comment.

Aren't you contradicting what you have wrote by generalizing and attacking Christians?
Are all Christians followers of Falwell and Robertson?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All people from seattle are coffee snobs.

Hows that for a generalization? Of course it's not true, sure some of them ARE, i've met a few, but it's absurd to say that all people from SEA are coffee snobs just as it is to attack us and say "YOU christians are silly"....
Old 05-16-2007, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm a christian, and I do have to agree with him, sorta. He Should of said "Most Christians are sill".
Old 05-16-2007, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not even MOST, maybe "SOME"
Old 05-16-2007, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think we have to define "silly". If it refers to a way of thinking that condems others based off of "beliefs" then "most" is indeed appropriate. No matter what I believe I would never say that I am better than someone else based on something I can't prove.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A true Christian never does state that they are better than anyone else.....so, I don't think "most" is the correct term either.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xdorkx
All people from seattle are coffee snobs.

Hows that for a generalization? Of course it's not true, sure some of them ARE, i've met a few, but it's absurd to say that all people from SEA are coffee snobs just as it is to attack us and say "YOU christians are silly"....
if generalizations are true, then there's nothing wrong with them.
I am a "coffee snob". Most people who i know drink lattes in the seattle area are coffee snobs. ok, you got me. i prefer the term coffee connoisseur, but it's the same thing.

Jerry Falwell was one of the most prominent christian leaders in this country. Like Ted Haggard was just til a few months ago, robert tilton, billy graham, the bakkers, swaggert, oral roberts, benny hinn and of course good ole pat robertson. You do have the vast majority of christians in this country on their side, right?

sure a few christians like to distance themselves from those crazy guys, but the majority of christians do or did(and yes, you do have to count all those people in the southern states too)

sorry, but if the majority of christians didn't support these guys, they'd get no money and no power.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its not our place to say that "condemn" anyone. The bible says that choosing what happens to people is Gods and Jesus jobs. Not ours.

Quick Reply: ding dong the witch is dead