Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

ding dong the witch is dead

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gotta go any questions pm me
Old 05-18-2007, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nameless_ak
Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
that is simply one of the stupididst things i have ever heard.
It's amazing the stupid things one can hear when someone is trying to explain everyday occurances and natural phenomena in biblical terms.
what r utalking about
On the low end of things: telling children that it's raining because God is crying

On the high end of things: Creationism, and a 10k year old Earth.

Then everything in between.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jesus went to Hell? What! I thought that Good people go to heaven, bad people go to hell (using your understanding of the bible). Jesus ever mention going to hell? Give me a scripture.

For the love of God, Youre comparing the chronicles of Narnia to the bible? Christ, no wonder why people laugh at us here!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 05-18-2007, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
God set everything up how sin works yes, but he gave us free will adam sinned causing the fall of mankind, that is why jesus had to die, because adam sinned because of that people couldnt have a relationship with God except going into the holy of holies, God wanted us to have that relatioship again, the only way to accomplish thats was Jesus, it is part of how things were set up, the "rules". is this making sense to you? mabey i could pm you later when i have more time.
so you're saying after adam, and before jesus people had to goto "the holy of holies" to have any sort of relationship with god? So are you saying the average joe-blow couldn't pray at home?

I don't understand why jesus had to die. God did have a very very close relationship with people, even wicked non-holy people like King David, who was well before jesus.

Since you know the bible, you know your god had relationships with people, good and bad, holy and unholy already in the bible, so why did jesus have to die?

Is it because god made this game where "usually" some people (because some sins, like king david's did not always get a sacrifice) have to kill an animal to get god to forgive them, and because of god's rule that he follow himself only most of the time, that jesus made a deal with god? or satan? to be the one to die for the rest of humanituy's sins?
Ok yes anyone could pray to God and have a relationship with Him but the holy of holies was where God was like concentrated God you could not have sin to go inside of the holy of holies. now that jesus died we can acces Gods presence anytime and have amazing encounters with Him. have you seen NARNIA the movie that might help explain it a little. jesus (the lion) died without any sin, and went to hell because of our sin that he has taken, but because he had never sinned and went to hell satain had to give up the "keys" as i explained earlier, in narnia that was one of the brothers. The veil was torn so that we could have free access to the God pressence and just ask for our sins to be forgiven, and in narnia this represents summer coming back wich they hadnt seen since adam and eve sinned. Yes i understand people had a relationship with God but it was limited and they were living by the laws not by love. Jesus had to die because God loves YOU so much (john 3:16) God so loved the world that he sent is only begotten son. he doesnt want you to go to hell he loves you and wants to spend eternity with you, so He sent his son wich was the only way to take away our sins.
my man, i went to christian school, so you know those poorly written narnia chronicles were forced down my throat. seriously, if you goto christian school, they have you read those dumb books in 3rd grade to get you reading, then 5th grade (again) where they start to explain azrael is jesus, then in 7th you read again because they're out of christian approved literature, then 9th grade, then 11th grade where you get to write a thesis on the whole thing, and I **** YOU NOT they have people in Bible College reading it(ask anyone who's went to one).

It's a damn children's book. regardless, please answer the questions i put forth directly.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Youre saying thats not what christians believe? Never heard a preacher or crying mother/father say that their child died because God needed a angel? Ever watch tv? Ive heard that hundreds of times. A tornado wipes out a trailer park in texas/arkansas/alabama/redneck state and the mom goes on tv, and says that God needed my little baby as a angel. You are out of your mind if you say christians dont say that. Citizen, dave, youve heard that before havent you?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am saying that the chronicles of narnia is based off of the books by cs lewis a chritian author who is basing his stories off of bible, it is an easy way for people to understand things. if i was talking to a theology magor i wouldnt use narnia as an example. and as far as jesus going to hell if you would have read all of my posts you would have allready understood that. jesus took all of our sin and sin is death the wages of sin is death more specific hell. jesus died with our sin and went to hell took the "keys" back from satain who got them when adam sinned (refur to my earlier posts) and now we just ask for forgivness. the key thing is just to help people understand why jesus died. the bible refurs to jesus going to hades wich is a place of the dead, not necesarily hell. but still he made the way for our sin to be removed. you need to read my erlier posts i dont have time to explain all over again i really have to go now im at work.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dave, I treasure each response to a retarded statement like that.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

please pm me seattle dave ill answer your SPECIFIC question when i get back. specific as in i need to know what your asking for i cant answer some questions which would require 500 pages of bible history and the basics of theology.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes krusty, christians do that all the time. they'll pretend a rapist killing their child was "god will" so the can sleep through the night. It was a whole "satan's temptation/america supports gays/god's will" combo that can not be fully explained.

everything is god's will according to christians. The Cowboys winning a superbowl was god's will because apparently they're better christians than whoever they're playing. God wanted Sally Mae to win the lotto because she's been praying for it for 20 years. etc...
Old 05-18-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You notice that they never blame God/Jesus when they lose. Man, that would be some funny ask skit.

and don't forget the ubiquitous: It's all part of His plan.

Oh really, so if I pick up this 3 pound rock and cave your skull in, that would be part of His plan too, huh?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am saying that the chronicles of narnia is based off of the books by cs lewis a chritian author who is basing his stories off of bible, it is an easy way for people to understand things. if i was talking to a theology magor i wouldnt use narnia as an example. and as far as jesus going to hell if you would have read all of my posts you would have allready understood that. jesus took all of our sin and sin is death the wages of sin is death more specific hell. jesus died with our sin and went to hell took the "keys" back from satain who got them when adam sinned (refur to my earlier posts) and now we just ask for forgivness. the key thing is just to help people understand why jesus died. the bible refurs to jesus going to hades wich is a place of the dead, not necesarily hell. but still he made the way for our sin to be removed. you need to read my erlier posts i dont have time to explain all over again i really have to go now im at work.
ok, where is this passage that because of adam's fall, via eve, via the snake's temptation that some keys or anything was then handed to satan?

as far as i remmeber, god punished adam with a short life and casting him out of the garden.

Did Adam start killing animals when he sinned because god instructed him to?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krustytheclown
Youre saying thats not what christians believe? Never heard a preacher or crying mother/father say that their child died because God needed a angel? Ever watch tv? Ive heard that hundreds of times. A tornado wipes out a trailer park in texas/arkansas/alabama/redneck state and the mom goes on tv, and says that God needed my little baby as a angel. You are out of your mind if you say christians dont say that. Citizen, dave, youve heard that before havent you?
christians believe the bible that is not in the bible and that is simply the worst way to help anyone through a death that would make people seriously bitter towards God. That is NOT what christians believe, and if someone does believe that they dont know what they are talking about and should be corrected. And unfortunately christian tv can be far from the truth, not allways. it is sad like i said people who say they are christians and dont know anything are some of the biggest problems to showing people jesus.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would love to see Kobe Bryant/Shaq/Dale Earnhardt/Alex Rodriguez blame God for not winning. That would be great.

The second that my religion EVER refers to the Chronicles of Narnia is the second I leave.

I point out that most of their beliefs are wrong, using their own books against them, they bring up a damn childrens book. Wow.

"Christians" believe in a lot of stuff thats not in the bible.

Explain this please, When Adam was created, God told him to fill the earth and subdue it. His job was to turn the entire earth in a paradise (like eden) and name the animals... Notice nothing about chill on earth for a while, then I'll bring you to heaven. Why do you believe you go to heaven? What about everyone before Christ came to the earth? He said; “No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man.” (John 3:13)

What about Noah? David? Moses? Abraham? Surely, these were good men, weren't they? What happened to them?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I take my break Ladies and Gentlemen, gotta eat dinner. I will wait for your next childrens book reference nameless ak. I hope that its a Dr. Seuss book, I love Dr. Seuss books.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I always wondered about what happened to the millions of people that populated this Earth eons before Jesus walked the Earth died for our sins. Or the billions of Chinese, Indians, Africans, and Native Americans (both north and south) that were around before, during, and after Jesus, and never even heard of him.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hell

pretty much 99.9% of people that have ever lived are in or going to hell according to our alaskan friend and most christians.

This god of love we keep hearing about has 99.9% of everyone he created burning in hell.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So God hates the Chinese, Africans, Indians, and Native Americans? Certainly explains our current foriegn policy and past domestic policies.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
So God hates the Chinese, Africans, Indians, and Native Americans? Certainly explains our current foriegn policy and past domestic policies.
doesn't hate, just condemns to hell to burn forever. there's a difference.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

double post, sorry.

Quick Reply: ding dong the witch is dead