Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Discussion of TCpete. SETTLED. ADVISE FIRST POST

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Tomas explained it earlier at your third official warning it equates to being subjected to banning
Old 12-12-2008, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
interesting. never knew what that did and i'm an OG on this forum, lol.

anywho, i removed all the free Kittens stuff.
OG?! You joined in 2006, dear....
Old 12-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

^ lmfaoooo thats wat i was looking at thats not OG
Old 12-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, I just took a quick tour through this stuff, and there was only ONE signature line that referred to freeing Pete so I changed that one remaining signature and will be telling the censorbot to let Pete's ID through again after I change the title of this topic.

Now that we are to a place where we can start talking about how to resolve the problem, maybe we can start some constructive discussion.

Tom
Old 12-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

hmm. well every1 listened and obeyed to what the mods wanted. i agree 100% wit that. Pete gave his word to get his act together and i can vouch that he is going to do better this time around,all of us can look out for him jus incase he ever does get out of line again, jus like the same situation wit cory james friends looked out for him and everything can this be done for pete? pete was a great guy on the forum one of the OG's on here and he had a great amount of knowledge on the tC's and other cars.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well heres my oppinion. I think that throwing in a suspension in the mix would ultimately help. I think that a two week suspension would really help remind that the user that you won't always get warnings, eventually you will get banned. Perhaps. 3 warnings then a 1 or 2 week suspension. Then maybe a month or two probation period where any warning equals ban. Not sure how difficult such a system would be to instate.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by a_german_named_hans
im just curious. Do these forums have suspensions? or do you go straight to ban. Perhaps thats a system that might work for everyone. First a suspension. Then a ban.
ScionLife.com used to have a "Penalty Box" where people were sent for variable amounts of time after repeatedly breaking the rules, then allowed back on. Times varied from somewhere around a week to a month.

Didn't work. Folks came back from the penalty box and did the very same stuff all over again because they knew they would just get a "Time Out" and be back.

The Penalty Box was dropped and it was set up to warn people, and if they could not or would not learn to follow the rules they had promised to follow, after the third warning they were banned.

That saved the mods and admins a whole lot of work because once we found that a person could not or would not learn after multiple warnings we cut our losses by eliminating that particular high-maintenance ID.

So, we have tried suspensions, but for this particular mob of rugged individualists it really didn't work.

Tom
Old 12-12-2008, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I think realistically. Since this is the 1st time everyone has actually gathered together to bring tcpete back.

Not sure about others. Just referring to tcpete ^^

I think one last time should make everyone happy. After that, if he gets kicked out thats it no more chances/excuse etc...

Although I do believe, 3 chances are enough. Some just take longer to learn than others, lol.

Come on we're human right.

So lets assume you do bring him back. Whats the worst that can happen.

IF he does do it again, then it will really be a final banishment w/o a chance for bail, and since we as a consensus have used our only chance to bring tcpete back.

We're not gonna start another "Free the Kittens" thread.

*Edit: On a side note. I do believe its impossible to monitor all of scionlife, since it has grown so profoundly, and are in dire need of more Super Mods. Because a lot of stuff goes unchecked, and there are way worse things that have been said. I believe its silly that a big contributor gets the axe, compared to others who come in talk trash and help no one. But rules are rules and I understand that.

I just think special consideration should be taken with "certain" contributors, but that it should be on a case-by-case basis, and at the same time should not equate to an infinite amount of "get out of jail free" cards for the perpetrator.

Ok done.

</rant>
</body>
</html> LOL
Old 12-12-2008, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^agreed 100%
Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ippskidder
Although I do believe, 3 chances are enough. Some just take longer to learn than others, lol.
There is your own answer.
if some people take longer to understand then thats THEIR fault. Why should rules be changed or bent just b/c they are hard headed or stubborn?
Old 12-12-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Gothbox
There is your own answer.
if some people take longer to understand then thats THEIR fault. Why should rules be changed or bent just b/c they are hard headed or stubborn?
Wow.

If you are without sin, cast the first stone.

Sheeesh.

I'm just saying give him one last chance thats its. Its very simple.

Thats exactly what a petition is for.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so wheres this petition? lol
Old 12-12-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

In the 1st posting of course ^^

Get with the program, lol.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ippskidder
On a side note. I do believe its impossible to monitor all of scionlife, since it has grown so profoundly, and are in dire need of more Super Mods. Because a lot of stuff goes unchecked, and there are way worse things that have been said.
Let me just address that a little bit.

We usually have a couple of Admins, a dozen SuperMods, and right now, 17 MiniMods on ScionLife.

Only the SuperMods and Admins can warn or ban members, but the Modlets an take care of a lot of the other time consuming locking/moving/editing, each in their own small area (the MiniMods only have moderating ability in their own forum or region, not the entire site).

The Admins and SuperMods absolutely depend on the Modlets and the Members themselves to notify them of problems that need their attention. That's what the button is for.

With the thousands of posts a day at ScionLife.com, there is no way that the mods can see every one, every day. We really need the help of all of you to keep the place running smoothly.

If you see something that you know doesn't belong on ScionLife.com, don't just shake your head, mutter, or gripe to a buddy, hit that button and let the SuperMods know where to look and what is wrong.

Right now we don't really need more SuperMods - and good ones are actually difficult to find. They ones we have are taking care of the work they get. If we start getting a lot more flagged posts from people hitting the button, maybe we will have to add to the ranks.

Just remember, if you see something on ScionLife.com that shouldn't be there, that doesn't mean that a mod has seen it too - let us know, OK?

Even if it is just something as simple as a question about tires and wheels in an engine forum, let us know so we can move it where it belongs.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Uh, OK, Gothbox, everyone knows what you think about it now, lets not drag this off topic now that we have an actual discussion going instead of posturing. (And to the guy who responded by attacking Goth, your post has vanished, and I don't want to see any of that stuff in here.)
Old 12-12-2008, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Tomas
Uh, OK, Gothbox, everyone knows what you think about it now, lets not drag this off topic now that we have an actual discussion going instead of posturing. (And to the guy who responded by attacking Goth, your post has vanished, and I don't want to see any of that stuff in here.)
yes sir, will do.
I will let all the drams stay with the tC guys where it has always been.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

how do u actually become a mod and admin and such?? im way off topic i jus always wondered how they chose whoever they choose
Old 12-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

if congress is planning a huge bailout of the automotive industry, SL should plan a bailout of the life of the scion industry, namely tCPete :D
Old 12-12-2008, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

unofrtunately i dont have time to read all this because i am at work, but it def. looks like theres is some good discussion going on here and its staying on topic.

so thanks for that guys,

i look forward to catching up on what going on after i get home.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WTF? Free tcpete....This guys is a great person on this forum....

Quick Reply: Discussion of TCpete. SETTLED. ADVISE FIRST POST