Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Discussion of TCpete. SETTLED. ADVISE FIRST POST

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
For the same reason that some grown men need parole officers.

(Also, see signature below. )
LMAO!

Got some good people on this site ^^
Old 12-13-2008, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Regardless of what he did for the community with his knowledge to some ppl, he still showed disrespect to others and for the rules. From reading tcpete's quote thru hoodie, he never apologized for his misbehavior here. It was all about him and the support he appreciates from his suboridinates. Nothing really sincere and considerate about the other members that he insulted here. Honestly, I don't think he will change regardless of who watches his back. Now, I don't personally know him, but Pete and I had this discussion before. From there, I think he does nothing but undermind other members and authority. Remember, it's a priviledge to post up on a free forum so there are rules that you just can't ignore. That's what he did the with 3 strikes. He does not deserve to come back on here and continue to embarrass the entire Scion community outside of Scionlife. If his subordinates needs his help, they will always have contact thru another source other than in this forum.

He should pay for premium membership with no refund if the mods let him back in. He at least owes all the volunteered moderators that clean up after him thru the years. That way he will be conscious of the type of membership that falls behind him... "the consequence of paying something for nothing due to getting banned the 2nd time." But, also, there is a repercussion. Letting him back in thru this routine will send the wrong message to other members. That action will show the negative integrity behind the scionlife staff. It not ok to violate forum rules and one who multiply violates it should stay out.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL..all this drama just to be back?......move on
Old 12-14-2008, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

First off WOW! you guys are crazy lol

if you want the guy back so bad wait a while let the heat die down some then try to bring him back. Don't do it a day or two after he got banned.

I have to agree all this just to get back on scion life ? Move on!

I would be thankful if someone banned me from the site for a while. It would give me one less site to keep up with HA HA.

If he is allowed to come back then I agree with the maybe think about having him pay a premium membership with no refund if he gets banned again.

That way it might make him think a little harder about what he says and does. I mean if i paid to be on a site i would follow the rules. I would not want to loose my hard earned money.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

you cant force someone to pay on a site.

granted he did get banned, you could just tell him he couldnt come back, but i dont think you can say the only way you can come back is by paying.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
you cant force someone to pay on a site.

granted he did get banned, you could just tell him he couldnt come back, but i dont think you can say the only way you can come back is by paying.
Well, technically it's their site, so they can really do whatever they want.

It actually sounds like a pretty fair compromise from an outsider prospective.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we shall wait and see there decision.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You can't do the crime without doing the time! You break the rules you suffer the consequences !! Unfortunately that's the way life works.
am i right or am i wrong?

If He wants to come back onto the site. There needs to be some sort of monitoring system in place if he does come back.

Maybe make it to where he can't post but 5 posts per week for several months. It sounds crazy but hey if he is serious about coming back then he has to deal with it!

either that pr pay a fee of some sort

or i don't know. maybe someone else has a better option?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right now it is depending on Pete promising to stay within the rules, and a number of his friends promising to help him to do it.

All the other suggestions about paying or limiting posts, or whatever just boil down to more work for the mods, and one of the big reasons people who don't follow the rules are banned is to reduce the mods' workload.

Right now we appear to be on track for Pete to have a two week "Time Out" and then be allowed back under his friends' "supervision" on Christmas Eve.

Should he step over the line just one more time, and it come to the attention of a SuperMod, you can stick him with a fork: He's done...

(Even though I'll be in another state at the time, I plan to take care of the return from the Time-Out personally.)
Old 12-14-2008, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

ew already said our opinion, weve got a whole list going of ppl that will watch out for him, thats our monitoring system.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
(Even though I'll be in another state at the time, I plan to take care of the return from the Time-Out personally.)
Admins are just clubbed and tossed into a bag, and when they wake in the morning find they are Admins...

Tom
But Tomas, aren't you one of those lowly clubbed Admins?

j/k
Thanks for all your time and help.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Tomas- does this mean that anyone who is banned can be reinstated with a simple petition? Not to mention that the only reason it worked is because you guided everyone on how not to ____ off the mods. I think this is opening a whole new can of worms. I have never had anything against Pete nor do i know why he was banned, but I think that there need to be clear rules about bans. Either anyone can come back to the site after being banned or no-one can. Just my .02.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:15 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
Admins are just clubbed and tossed into a bag, and when they wake in the morning find they are Admins...

Tom
But Tomas, aren't you one of those lowly clubbed Admins?
Yup. Same thing happened when I first became a Supermod... Here's a post from back in may of '05 (things were simpler then):

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=812813#812813

(Actually, you should start that thread from the beginning - it's actually pretty good, and there are some really good made-up-on-the-spot lines in it: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63631 )
Old 12-14-2008, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by maximthegreat
Tomas- does this mean that anyone who is banned can be reinstated with a simple petition? Not to mention that the only reason it worked is because you guided everyone on how not to ____ off the mods. I think this is opening a whole new can of worms. I have never had anything against Pete nor do i know why he was banned, but I think that there need to be clear rules about bans. Either anyone can come back to the site after being banned or no-one can. Just my .02.
site vets>noobs

they no more and are more valuble to the site, that doesnt mean they are above the rules but it does mean that they have a greater chance to be brought back.

(kinda like celebs, which was brought up earlier, i mean cmon, they get a DUI and they go to jail for one day. im not saying its right but you know its true.)
Old 12-14-2008, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
site vets>noobs

they no more and are more valuble to the site, that doesnt mean they are above the rules but it does mean that they have a greater chance to be brought back.

(kinda like celebs, which was brought up earlier, i mean cmon, they get a DUI and they go to jail for one day. im not saying its right but you know its true.)

yup life sux

but nice to hear you won the fight cory!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

well i wouldnt so much call it a fight as an agreement.

im very surprised and very happy that the fighting was kept to a minimun and this was setlled reasonably and quickly.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bringing 'em back is a very, very rare thing, and seldom has it worked out well. Think of it as someone being given four instead of only three chances. (Some folks quite honestly don't even get ONE chance - it isn't a hard fast rule, but a guideline that the SuperMods and Admins have agreed to. BTW, there are folks on here IIRC with up to five warnings, maybe more.)

So, don't think that this is some sort of massive change in the guidelines we follow behind the curtains, the guidelines are still the same, and still guidelines subject to individual situations.

As to the "petition," it's only effect was to surprise us as to how many people jumped in and didn't want to see Pete banished.

Keep in mind that the understanding for bringing Pete back is that if he makes ONE step over the line, he's gone, and there WILL NOT be another one of these "support" threads...

(As to "guiding" everyone on how not to annoy the mods, I consider that worth the effort all by itself. The better everyone understands how things work and how to get along and work together, the better the whole site is.)

Mods, members, visitors, we are all members of the Scion Community, and all here for pretty much the same reasons. Some of us just also work here. :D
Old 12-14-2008, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup. Same thing happened when I first became a Supermod... Here's a post from back in may of '05 (things were simpler then):

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=812813#812813

(Actually, you should start that thread from the beginning - it's actually pretty good, and there are some really good made-up-on-the-spot lines in it: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63631 )
Holy smokes Tomas - that thread is 35 pages long!

I have a lot of free time, but I do need to sleep also...
Old 12-14-2008, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sorry for making you type tomas i know how it is as a mod, but i was just a little confused, thanks for clarifying
Old 12-14-2008, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Keep in mind that the understanding for bringing Pete back is that if he makes ONE step over the line, he's gone, and there WILL NOT be another one of these "support" threads...

i completely understand.
Quoted so that everyone else can see it again in case they missed it.

Quick Reply: Discussion of TCpete. SETTLED. ADVISE FIRST POST