Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Discussion of TCpete. SETTLED. ADVISE FIRST POST

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im pretty sure everyone will keep Pete in line now....
Old 12-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Banned
SL Member

I'll vouch for him. He's a cool guy! I just don't understand why you ban Pete and not iKONA. The mods claim that if they banned iKONA there would be no way to contact him and for him to resolve the problems he created. With all due respect, guess what? He's not banned and nothing has been resolved.

You'll ban a guy who helps out the Scion community, but not one that robs, lies and evades his customers (the community).

I just don't get it.

Official List of who will "babysit" Pete
1.)yellowxhoodie
2.)kanchi
3.)trdtcpr
4.)kiss_kiss_kill
5.)Crippie
6.)BlizZard
7.)BlkTC
8.) Avenger
9.) ippskidder
10.)rosedaleny806
11.) ScionJim23
12.)EAmon
13.)NYNCTC
14.)MicE
15.) FLEA
16.)
17.)
18.)
19.)
20.)
Old 12-14-2008, 11:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
Originally Posted by Tomas
Keep in mind that the understanding for bringing Pete back is that if he makes ONE step over the line, he's gone, and there WILL NOT be another one of these "support" threads...

i completely understand.
Quoted so that everyone else can see it again in case they missed it.

now who's to say that some of these people that don't even know the situation or Pete at all won't just follow pete's posts and hit the [!] button just to try and get pete in trouble that one more time?

cause it seems there are a few people on here that are stating their opinion without knowing anything bout the situation and are just arguing just to be arguing cause they like it I guess.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FLEA
I'll vouch for him. He's a cool guy! I just don't understand why you ban Pete and not iKONA. The mods claim that if they banned iKONA there would be no way to contact him and for him to resolve the problems he created. With all due respect, guess what? He's not banned and nothing has been resolved.

You'll ban a guy who helps out the Scion community, but not one that robs, lies and evades his customers (the community).

I just don't get it.
20.)
X2^. I couldn't agree more with FLEA.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

amen flea
Old 12-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FLEA, ScionJim, and dave2610, it's not that Pete isn't a nice guy, it's not that Pete hasn't helped a lot of folks, it's not about whether or not folks 'vouch' for him, its about Pete promising to follow the rules he agreed to then breaking that promise multiple times. Pretty simple, really.

What people are doing right now is essentially signing up as "Pete Monitors" to try to keep him out of trouble so he can remain on ScionLife.

John (iKONA) is an entirely different problem in that none of his posts have broken any rules. All of the problems have been between John and his customers, not between John and ScionLife, or ScionLife's rules.

That is something that is purely between those parties, not something that ScionLife.com has any desire or even legal standing to poke their nose into.

The best we can do is to halt further sales here, and offer a contact medium between the parties actually involved.

We actually have gone a bit beyond even that by providing some references and links to federal law that may have some bearing, but even in that we have come very close to the limits allowed under law: Not being lawyers, and not having any of the parties as clients we CAN NOT offer even simple legal advice.

So, as far as iKONA is concerned, people, GET OFF MY BUTT. (And quit hijacking this thread about Pete with things like that that have no bearing.)

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
So, as far as iKONA is concerned, people, GET OFF MY BUTT. (And quit hijacking this thread about Pete with things like that that have no bearing.)
Uh-Ohhh! He's getting angry!

(You wouldn't like him when he's angry...he turns bigs and greens, i swears it. I be see'd it. Yup.)

Old 12-14-2008, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

i agree Tomas.

iKona has his own thread dedicated just for him and his unsatisfied customers. thats where these posts belong.

but it def cant be said any better than how Tomas said it.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

i would personally like to thank the mods for even just considering the thought of unbanning Pete. We all understand why it was done and don't blame the mods at all. We would just like to make sure u guys understand the importance he holds to us. Yes he used to get out of hand but most people knew that is how he was and that he didn't hold back on his comments. Although it might not have been the BEST way to handle things, he did get a point across of using the SEARCH feature.

Again thanks for taking the time to listen to us and consider what we have to say. Even though some of the xB guys that came in here don't enjoy this site much and find other sites to be better, the few tC guys that do come on here use this site as a way to communicate outside of instant messengers and e-mails. We do enjoy the site and each other's company. Most of the drama in the tC section is from the new people that come on here with their ignorant opinions instead of knowing the facts that they THINK they know. Doesn't help we are a sports car so u are always gonna have that "i'm faster than u" mentality that gets in the way of healthy conversation. ha ha
Old 12-14-2008, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

dont lie elijah, you start all the drama on this site.

but yes, we do appreciate everything, thanks to the mods who lets this thread stay open and gave it a chance, and thanks to everyone for voicing you opinions and staying on topic (most of the time)
Old 12-14-2008, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

i don't start the drama. I just make threads for us to have fun with. Although one of them got deleted even after making almost 20 pages. Lot of people were having a LOT of fun with that thread and got mad when it was deleted. Oh well, guess some people are too sensitive and don't know how to have a good time.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:10 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

umm.. well.. just to place my opinion here... the tC is NOT a sports car..

if anything.. it would be considered "sporty"...

most tC owner's that confuse that very concept and have that stupid mentality of "my car is better than your's" are the ones that are ignorant and have that attitude that is completely unwanted and unwelcome.

believe me, those that have been around for awhile know who Pete is.. however just because he is a long time veteran of the site does not excuse him from the same rules that moderators try to enforce among everyone

and yea.. there is a team of us that continue to oversee the forum and people's actions.. but this forum is just so large to really catch every single thing..

(which is the reason why the report button is there)
help us help you guys out.

considerations are being taken.. however as mentioned already, pressuring the mods to take action will just only make things worse and sway us more AWAY from doing something.

with that in mind, just relax in this thread and hang around to see how things turn out. it may take some time.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like a plan Squall. We will wait and see your guys decision. Big thanks goes out to the mods / admins for this huge consideration to give him one last chance.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can vouch for Pete, I know him in person, we would hangout at the local meets and he worked on my tC. I've got nothing but good things to say about him, he was always there if I had any questions.

Official List of who will "babysit" Pete
1.)yellowxhoodie
2.)kanchi
3.)trdtcpr
4.)kiss_kiss_kill
5.)Crippie
6.)BlizZard
7.)BlkTC
8.) Avenger
9.) ippskidder
10.)rosedaleny806
11.) ScionJim23
12.)EAmon
13.)NYNCTC
14.)MicE
15.) FLEA
16.) 1tc4u2nv
17.)
18.)
19.)
20.)
Old 12-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just for Joe Schizo, my avatar from one of the 'other' Scion sites... (ClubxB)

Old 12-15-2008, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Old 12-15-2008, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha^
Old 12-15-2008, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

so im thinking...since this iiiiis off topic...and we aaare just waitiing...
Old 12-15-2008, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

most likely. We might as well just chill, keep everyone's spirit up and keep an eye on this as it progresses. It's all in the mods hands.

Quick Reply: Discussion of TCpete. SETTLED. ADVISE FIRST POST