Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Discussion of TCpete. SETTLED. ADVISE FIRST POST

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Banned
SL Member

When are you guys going to start on it? Just painting or bodywork and then paint? More importantly, color? Standard, pearl, metallic?

Do the bodywork, primer, block it off, primer, block it off, mask it, base (3 coats), and then clear. Then wet sand and buff.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

i think we want to start in like a week (or sometime next week idk yet)
there are like 2 dents that we are getting fixed
then color i would like would be either flat or gloss
Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Flea, I'm late into the iKONA mess, and personally didn't see a lot of the stuff people say happened for several reasons, one is that until I instituted moving topics/posts to the "mod compost heap" instead of deleting them, most things were deleted.

Another is that if any of it was in any of the PPC forums, those automatically delete old topics after 30 days of no action.

If you look at the PPC rules you will see that ScionLife isn't any part of any 'deals' made between members, and that the members need to handle problems themselves.

It really has to be like that (the lawyers say so) so we try to stay out of the middle as much as possible.

Lastly, in the "old days" here on ScionLife there was a very direct connection between the business and the administration of the site. If a sponsor got out of line an admin would jump on them and tell them to clean up their act or be gone. It was fairly easy to pull their sponsorship.

These days there is a distinct divide between running the site and running the business. The Admins no longer own the business, and the business folks who collect the money don't run the site.

Heck, I don't even know what the current sponsorship "plans" are nor what they cost. It used to be published right on the site, now it is purely between the business that pays the bills and the sponsors.

For several months I've been trying to get some changes made on the way sponsorship is handled and priced, but the Scion community appears to be different enough from the rest of the automotive communities they own, they don't quite understand it yet.

Here we have a lot of "member helping member" in the community. As a quick example, here's a very short excerpt from a recent very long e-mail I sent to the business side...

The example I gave in the previous e-mail is very, very typical of the sort of small volume random service and parts swapping that takes place in the Scion Community. It's not all big companies with stores, warehouses, and websites. It's one member with a particular skill helping other members who don't have that skill. THESE are the people I desperately want some sort of low cost sponsorship plan for, but have been unable to convince anyone it is needed.

Without the low cost sponsorship there is no way I can with any conscience refer some guy making maybe a hundred bucks a month helping folks to you to require $XXX payment from. This is first off a community based on members helping members. Without that we are nothing. Prohibitive charges to members helping members for the privilege of doing it on ScionLife.com will simply force them to do it elsewhere, and that is NOT good for ScionLife.com
That's all you are going to see of my current discussions with the bean counters, but it should give you a little idea of what I'm trying to get to happen.

Until I can get changes made I'm between a rock and a hard place. I have guidelines I need to follow, and I have my personal thoughts on the matter that may not match. Until I either get changes or get shot down in flames, I really don't need the grief from the folks I'm trying to help.

We are all here for a reason: We are a community.

One of these days I'll get tired of the flack from all sides and just log out and not come back. Hopefully you'll b e able to break in whoever follows me without too much pain.

Take care, all, I'm pulling the plug and heading for bed. I have a nice glass of red wine and a book to finish reading.

'Night!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Banned
SL Member

Fixed the dents yourself. Go with a glossy finish. Get the paint while it's still cheap. After Dec 31 water based paint will be your only option. It will be expensive.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Banned
SL Member

Obviously no point in voicing my opinion on here. Anything that gets posted gets shot down, etc.

I'll do you a favor and be the one to log out and not come back. Later SL, the only time I'll be back is to check PM's.

If anyone needs to get ahold of me for inquiries or help painting, look me up on myspace.com or facebook.com by the name of Kennon Mills.

E-mail: kennon7mills@googlemail.com

Later!
Old 12-19-2008, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

You know, I think Tom did a good job explaining the situation to you. The mods are held to rules just as you guys are. We can't just decide that something's okay because we feel like it.

Fact is, if we banned iKona, all of the people that he screwed over wouldn't be able to get in touch with him... therefore he stays until he makes good.

As far as your thing... if you really had a grievance, you should've taken it up in PM.
First off, this isn't really an ideal topic to bring up issues like this. The tC people worked hard to get this thread going and once it was resolved, it was decided to keep it open as long as no drama or controversies were started here.

This thread is beginning to derail. If it gets too big to manage, it's easier for it to just go away, and I don't think too many people would be happy with that.

Fact is, when you air your grievance in public like that, in the way that you did, it doesn't garnish a whole lot of sympathy. Yes, the sponsorship situation is pretty murky, but there's absolutely nothing we can do about that right now.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

this is a happy thread now why is ikona getting brought up? he hasnt sign on in days lets jus move on and keep that ikona stuff in his buyer experience thread. i like this off topic thread and id be pretty tight if it gets deleted
Old 12-20-2008, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ugh. I hate my ex...
Old 12-20-2008, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by a_german_named_hans
Ugh. I hate my ex...
again?
Old 12-20-2008, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

dont start this isht again.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

who wants to buy a quick release?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

me.
NRG im assuming?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

not nrg
idk what brand
my friend ordered it
it came to my house
then he said he doesnt want it any more
so sell it
Old 12-20-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what do you expect? scionlife mods are nerds with no life that sit around banning people lol...
Old 12-20-2008, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

^ Things like that aren't going to gain you any respect with the mods either. Check the attitude.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2azfeboost
what do you expect? scionlife mods are nerds with no life that sit around banning people lol...
yeah wat was the point of that?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
x2
Old 12-20-2008, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
^ Things like that aren't going to gain you any respect with the mods either. Check the attitude.
things like that wont gain him respect from anyone.
if im correct him and pete got into a while back.
actually, it was pretty funny.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by EAmon
Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
x2
X3
Old 12-20-2008, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i TRULY <3 sl. its almost never boring

Quick Reply: Discussion of TCpete. SETTLED. ADVISE FIRST POST