Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Dish Planet sucks my ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Dish Planet sucks my ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn this horrible ___ company.

First off, I had confused Dish Planet for Dish Network. For those who don't know, dish planet is a reseller of Dish Network and some other satellite service.

I had ordered the service after hearing a commercial on the local radio. They came out installed the equipment (half ___ install, messy and cut existing cables instead of unscrewing them, etc). I got a free HD receiver and HD programming for the first 3 months.

I asked at before all of this that if there was any penalty to cancel. THere was a $250 to cancell entirely, or you could cancel the HD whenever after the promotion.

So, I called Dish NETWORK (The actual provider) and asked if I could cancel the HD after the 3 months, since I no longer had the HDTV. Of course, just $5 transaction fee and then I have to send the reciever back. Done - no problem.

Well, 11 months into my 12 month contract I get a call from a legal firm saying that dish PLANET is suing me for breach of contract. They say since I cancelled my HD, they no longer get the install cost or commision from Dish Network. They say that it was in my contract that I can not go to lesser programming!!!

Now, dish NETWORK says has nothing like this in their contract, and I dont' have my Dish PLANET one.

Now does this seem like a scam or what~?~?~ Since PLanet can not get their cost from Network, they can sue me?!?! THey want over a $1000 dollars from me for a service that costs $5/month.

They tried to "work a deal" and get me to pay $690.

WTF!!!! I'm probably screwed, but is there anyone who has dealt with this? This is such a fn rip. I can't even get ahold of a live person at the dish planet number - its just a voicemail system. GOD DAMN SOB!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow.. bro.. that sucks..
Old 03-01-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Not cool. I hate companies that scam honest people. Maybe you can delay judgement in hopes that a class action lawsuit (I think that is the correct legal terminology) is filed against them for fraudulant claims and they go bankrupt. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no idea what to do. The guy says hes going to get a hold of my work and take the money from me. He hung up - I have no information from him.

everytime I call dish Planet, its a voicemail system. Such a POS!
Old 03-01-2006, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there has to be some kind of contract.. did you sign anything?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

here is the disclaimer from the website:

ACTIVATION OF PROGRAMMING MAY BE SUBJECT TO CREDIT APPROVAL AND REQUIRES VALID SERVICE ADDRESS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND/OR MAJOR CREDIT CARD. DEPOSIT OR PREPAYMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.

This offer is limited to new, first-time residential DISH Network subscribers who: (1) reside in the continental United States, except Alaska (2) provide Dish Planet with a valid major credit card number issued to the customer who will sign the Agreement; (3) provide Dish Planet with the Social Security number issued to the customer who will sign the Agreement; and (4) receive credit approval.

Maximum of four total tuners per account. Dish Planet shall determine eligibility for participation, including without limitation the number of receivers to be provided, in its sole discretion and reserves the right to deny eligibility for any reason.

Monthly Fees and Payments : You agree to make a monthly payment for programming to DISH Network by the payment due date for the programming you select and for the following fees as applicable depending on the equipment you select: Equipment Rental Fee: A $5.00 equipment rental fee for the first receiver activated is included in the promotional base programming package price. An additional equipment rental fee of $5.00 per month will be charged to your account for each receiver activated beyond the first; DISH Network DVR Service Fee: A $4.98 per month DISH Network DVR service fee will be charged to your account for each model 510, 522, 625, or 942 receiver activated. This fee will be waived if you subscribe to America ’s “Everything” Pak or the Latino “Everything” Pak; Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee: A $4.99 per month additional outlet programming access fee will be charged to your account for each dual tuner receiver (models 322, 522, and 942) activated. This fee will be waived on a monthly basis for each such receiver that DISH Network confirms has been continuously connected to your same land-based phone line.

Programming : A minimum programming package of America’s Top 60, DISH Latino, or Great Wall TV Package is required at all times. In the event you do not purchase the required minimum programming package, your service will be deactivated. Local channels are included where available.

All equipment is owned by Dish Planet at all times and must be returned if you elect to terminate your Agreement or downgrade your programming below required minimum programming package of America’s Top 60, DISH Latino, or Great Wall TV Package, or your service is otherwise disconnected for any reason at any time. WITHIN 15 DAYS OF SUCH TERMINATION, DOWNGRADE, OR DISCONNECTION, YOU AGREE TO RETURN ALL SUCH EQUIPMENT IN GOOD OPERATING CONDITION, NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR EXCEPTED TO DISH PLANET.

You are responsible for and shall bear all costs and expenses to return such equipment. IF YOU FAIL TO RETURN SUCH EQUIPMENT AS SET FORTH HEREIN, YOU AGREE TO PAY AS FOLLOWS: model 942 receiver, $450; model 625 and 522 receivers, $300; model 322, 510, and 811 receivers, $200; model 111, 301, and 311 receivers, $100; outdoor LNBF and quad switch, $100.

Dish Planet assumes no liability for your use of this website. While information contained herein is deemed to be accurate, we are not responsible for errors or omissions. Promotions often change and cannot be made retroactive.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It says nothing in there about having to pay over $1000 for installation and comission costs if cancelling the HD portion.

I still have the minimum programming.

All that I can find that I signed was the Dish Network contract.

I wonder if this actually a scam and someone is trying to get my info.

The guy called from: 813-632-2958 which is Tampa I believe.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I found a address for Dish Planet in MN
Old 03-01-2006, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It is from LUTZ, FL. for 15 this site will tell you the name of who owns the phone. here is the link,
https://find.intelius.com/purchase.php
Old 03-01-2006, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can someone actually just garnish your wages w/out going through the court system?? That just seems hard to believe. If so, I'm in the wrong business
Old 03-01-2006, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

No they have to go through court. At least that is what I remember form collage during buisness law.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really think they are blowing smoke up your ****. There is nothing about penalties for cancelling HD in that write-up. If they try to get you with anything its not returning the equipment.

IF you have the minimum required by THEM (not Dish Network), then I think you are safe and I would cancel this ASAP the day your contract is up. BE SURE your 'signed' contract matches what you posted here exactly. Give them no additional info. no bank accounts.. nada.

Again, be SURE anything you signed (even a work order when the guy came out to do the work) doesnt have a clause. Demand to be faxed a copy of any signed documents that show where you are in default.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Will do man. I called that number and it rings like 6 times and then it says that the number is not a working number.

I'm leaving a VM w/ dish planet know asking them to call. I sure hope this was just a scam.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most likely some kind of scam. If the phone calls don't work send a certified letter to them requesting copies of the documents. That way, you will have 'some' proof that you sent it, and will have certain proof they recieved it . This is better if you have to go to court as there is no way to prove you left a VM.

Good Luck! Something very similer happend to me!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Email this guy ochaudhri@dishplanet.com
He is the the VP of fullfilment.
I tried looking for the CEO's address but all I got was his Brothers. His family has a web site.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

F this place man!!! I got a call from Dish Planet today - he said this is true and he can only say that this is legit and I need to work with Howell & Associates directly. So, I found the number and name. Im going to try to get whatever contract I signed (I guess) and see if they can send it over.

http://www.howellandassocinc.com/

Thats the place - nice!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Not knowing the laws in your state .. if you feel you have no where else to turn .. next time they call ask them to stop calling because they are harassing you, contact the BBB, report them. Next if they still insist on calling you, tell them you will deal with them in court, wait for papers. You will have to recieve a summons to court, because it is under $5000, likely it will have to go to small claims, where you will sit with a mediator, someone who will listen to both sides and determine if there is a case. At that time they will try and settle before it goes to court. If it goes to court then you have 1 last chance to convince a judge.

Sounds complicated, but if you feel there is no other way out, play the game, it sounds like a scam.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I"ve thought about that, the thing is on their site they say they can put these deliquiencies (as they see it) on credit reports before even starting legal action. Thats the only thing I'm worried about aside from wasting $700-$1000 is my 7 year credit future.

They are faxing me the contract now----such a BS company. BBB here I come!
Ruth to the Rescue - Channel 4!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

You are right about the credit thing and that sucks .. but here is an interesting fact about derogs on your credit. Get a copy of your report. Then contact the creditor and dispute the derog on your credit, they have 30 days to repond to you, if they don't then it has to come off your credit as an undisputed charge. If they respond, then repeat until they slack, which they will. All it takes is a little leg work, but you can win ..
Old 03-11-2006, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

After 10,000 phone calls and speaking to exec-level folks at Dish Network - they called Dish Planet and did some discovery and it seems there was a mixup on equipment I had returned or something. Bunch of BS. So, I had to pay $99 to the god damn Dish Network for some stupid ___ reason and that cleared me of any legal action, etc.

It's such bull crap, I shouldn't have had to pay anything.

Few more weeks, and they will be cancelled for good!!!