Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Do I Have Bad Taste In Sneakers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 01:21 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i find nikes to be junk they fall apart in less then 2 month of always wearing 'em
Old 06-09-2007, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah those sweat shop little chinese kids just don't know how to make a good shoe. Nike = Child Slave Labor.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jiggaman
Poeple get killed over shoes in the "ghetto" all the time. Ever heard of the new Steve and Barries stores? They are all stephon marbury gear which he prices cheap because when he was growing up, a couple of his buddies were smoked for their Jordans. nothing over 15 bucks....shoes for 15 bucks, and people are buyin them up like crazy.
I find this funny, because it is the companies and investors that say this, yet they are a private company that has to say absolutely nothing if they so choose. Meaning their reports at how well they sell is garbage.

I've yet to meet a single person wearing them or had a conversatino with anyone that would admit to even thinking they looked half-decent or would wear them, affordable or not.

Investigative reporting has been done on those shoes before, the quality is very poor and they fall apart much quicker than Nike, Addidas, etc.

Oh, and TS, those shoes all look extremely ___.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

well this is from a female sneakerhead. i like most of the ones you have posted, the first ones remind me of xmas though.

i have J's, AFs, one pair of dunks, skater shoes, some timbs, ice creams among many others.

i don't really favor the wonders, but with the right 'fit they could look hot. for me the right shoes pull it all together. where do you get you're pro keds??
Old 06-11-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for those that asked, i usually get them off zappos.com just because of the super fast shipping, but you can also get them on ebay for dirt cheap if you don't mind the bidding game. i also know a place in georgia that gets every set keds makes, but they kill you on the shipping.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:32 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

ah man i was hoping you had a local store. the site sucks monkey butt, wouldn't bring up the store locations.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

dude those thangs are awesome, where do you get them?

im a funky sneakerhead too, but i cant afoord them, lol
Old 06-12-2007, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree with your gf. hahahaha

nah everyone has their own style and some people CAN pull it off. I cant' AND wont try myself.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member

Signature Visions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow. i agree with the gf too. i mean i know some guys that have shoe obcessions and i've seen a lot of hot collections but to be honest...at least their shoes look like shoes that dudes wear. your shoes are very girly...i mean the colors....wow. only ones i would even consider taking a second loo at are the black, white and red ones that look like they are bleeding lol. some dudes can definitely pull off anything. maybe i'd have to see a full body picture of you wearing the sneaks or know you to understand if you are that kind of guy. its cool to have a hobby like collecting shoes but i wouldn't date a guy that wore girlier looking sneakers than me oh and they smell like watermelon....ummm theres your hint to why your gf makes fun of you lolz. those pro keds just dont do it for me. just my opinion.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PAxAgirl
its cool to have a hobby like collecting shoes but i wouldn't date a guy that wore girlier looking sneakers than me oh and they smell like watermelon....ummm theres your hint to why your gf makes fun of you lolz. those pro keds just dont do it for me. just my opinion.
LOL ^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the hate is too good.

it's cool though. not everyone likes them which i totally understand. i just always had a thing for the weirder styles and colors. as for me, i know i can get away with it. whenever i hit the beach or go out to clubs with my friends, i tend to get a lot of compliments and a lot of people with very conservative tastes will tell you that it all depends how you wear them.

and once again for anyone looking for them, just go to zappos.com (overnight shipping is included in the price) or ebay it, though zappos has a much better and more current selection.

and for the record, it's not like all my shoes look as wild as these. these are pretty extreme, but then that's what makes them my favorite.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Again I say I think your stlye is preaty out their but as long as most or maybe some girls are hitting you up it is worth the obsession. I have no problem telling poeple that I have more shoes then my wife only because my wife is hot and she doesnt care.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheRealBen
Originally Posted by Jiggaman
Poeple get killed over shoes in the "ghetto" all the time. Ever heard of the new Steve and Barries stores? They are all stephon marbury gear which he prices cheap because when he was growing up, a couple of his buddies were smoked for their Jordans. nothing over 15 bucks....shoes for 15 bucks, and people are buyin them up like crazy.
I find this funny, because it is the companies and investors that say this, yet they are a private company that has to say absolutely nothing if they so choose. Meaning their reports at how well they sell is garbage.

I've yet to meet a single person wearing them or had a conversatino with anyone that would admit to even thinking they looked half-decent or would wear them, affordable or not.

Investigative reporting has been done on those shoes before, the quality is very poor and they fall apart much quicker than Nike, Addidas, etc.

Oh, and TS, those shoes all look extremely ___.

i have worked as the store manager for Steve and Barrys for about a year now, i was apart of the "Starbury Movement" The launch of the $15 basketball shoe. For those of you who aren't familiar with this its a shoe launched by Stephon Marbury a new york basketball player who decided it was time to give the communities who couldn't afford jordans a shoe that they could wear and afford.

My store is top 6 in the company of roughly 200, I watched people line up outside our doors and bolt inside when I opened them to get first pick at these shoes. We stand behind the shoe with a one year return policy (what company does that?!)

so before you knock the shoe...show a little respect for a company who is changing the apparel industry....btw they are becoming a public company within the next 6 months...
Old 06-13-2007, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

do they have an online store or any stores in northern california?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

check out there website...

www.steveandbarrys.com

there are a few stores in nor cal but i don't know how close to you =)
Old 06-13-2007, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I cant approve of the wonderbread stuff. I keep the shoe pretty simple with Etnies and Adidas classic shelltoe
Old 06-13-2007, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

ah they're all in so cal some of the clothing and shoes look pretty cool.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by randomsuper
the hate is too good.

it's cool though. not everyone likes them which i totally understand. i just always had a thing for the weirder styles and colors. as for me, i know i can get away with it. whenever i hit the beach or go out to clubs with my friends, i tend to get a lot of compliments and a lot of people with very conservative tastes will tell you that it all depends how you wear them.

and once again for anyone looking for them, just go to zappos.com (overnight shipping is included in the price) or ebay it, though zappos has a much better and more current selection.

and for the record, it's not like all my shoes look as wild as these. these are pretty extreme, but then that's what makes them my favorite.
No hate, the shoes are just ugly. Sorry.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:07 PM
SL Member

It's all on how you rock them my friend!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, Ok...maybe the horror ones work if you're 11 or 12 and can pull it off, which would still be difficult.

Quick Reply: Do I Have Bad Taste In Sneakers?