Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Do I Have Bad Taste In Sneakers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:32 AM
n7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Opinion on the shoes: not my thing but if you like them, thats all that matters.
Opinion on whoever it was that said something like "guys only have 1 or 2 pairs..." LOL

I work at a Call center for Nike and we get calls all the time where grown a$$ men AND women have 50-60 pairs of Nikes. We have people talking about how they've been wearing Nike's since they were little kids and now they're 45. We've got people calling in constantly asking when the new jordans are coming out or whatever. Shoe obsessions are crazy and they can get out of hand in my opinion but everybody's got there thing.

Btw Nike has a 2 year warranty on all of their shoes that starts from the date the shoe is made. So if you've got problems with them give me a call lol 1-800-344-6453.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know, I've got 4 pair of shoes and still need to get another pair of black dress shoes, all-white sneakers, boots, and another pair of casual shoes.

There's a purpose for different shoes. Styles, occassion...you need to have many different shoes.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I got to say, even if some of the colors are over the top, they are still hot shoes to look at. I have had a shoe obsession since probably 6th grade but it wasn't until a couple of years ago that i've had full-time jobs to afford it myself.

I mainly collect skater-style shoes (Osiris, DC, DVS, etc) since I used to ride freestyle BMX and what was the choice of shoe. Right now i'm trying to save some $$ but still have 6 pairs of shoes. Just bought a pair a couple of days ago. I don't go to the mall or search online often but when I do it usually results in a purchase. Thats not including the boots/once a year shoes.

I actually think it's cool that they smell like watermelon, lol.

My girlfriend makes fun of me and my 'shoe fetish' and says some shoes don't look good, but when they are on with a nice pair of jeans and a simple white tee she can't help but tell me she was wrong.

I had some dude friends in highschool that went to Holister and would pick out clothes, try them on in the dressing room, a few literal comments about if they looked alright in them, etc. They had girlfriends. One, multiple. Trust me, it gets more "___" than trying to wear some sneaks with a dreaded shade of pink or an out of the box design.

http://www.osirisstore.com/i/canvas/canvas_main.jpg - The top ones are the shoes I recently bought. I love the out-of-the-ordinary, artistic shoe.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

props for the crazy a$$ styled shoes.

I love skate/surf brand sandals but I rock one pair for however long it takes me to destroy them.

My favorite pair that I've owned was a bright yellow pair of DCs. I lost one in a tragic jet ski accident though (sucked it up into the impellar)

I'm rocking a pair of Reefs now with a stash pocket in the heel and built in bottle opener. oh yeah!
Old 06-14-2007, 05:30 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

^^but you don't drink alcohol righttttt. **wink, wink**
Old 06-14-2007, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^I don't actually...so I guess it's useless for me...still cool nonetheless lol
Old 06-14-2007, 09:44 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

No doubt, there's other drink that aren't alcohol in bottles though. i.e root beer, the joke just kinda fit. shoot messin up in VA is worse that Cali, cause you guys rules/laws seem more strict. i went to school in dam neck/va beach.