Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Do you believe in ghosts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man...these stories are interesting....I wish I had popcorn while I was reading them.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-04-2007, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Jehoo
Have you guys ever heard of the "Bloody Mary" thing? When you're alone in a room in front of a mirror, turn the lights off and say the words "Bloody Mary" ten times then turn the lights back on and you'll see yourself drenched in blood. Or a woman drenched in blood will appear at your back. IDK if this works, and I don't wanna find out.
Thats one of the oldest tricks in the book. The trick is to tell them to face the mirror and as soon as they hit ten someone from outside the bathroom flips on the lights so you can get scared by the reflection of yourself. My friends got me good on that one.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

this thread interests me so i think i will share another story.

my uncle is a baltimore city police officer, and works security jobs as well when he can for the baltimore ravens, orioles, in buildings, etc. He is probably the most fearless man i have ever met, and most criminals are intimidated by him when they meet him.

Theres a very old office building in baltimore that has been around since before the great depression. Something like 12-20 people have died in the building.

The current employees of this building, and the security all swear the place is haunted. Very weird, unexplainable things happen in this building. They occur so frequently that it is nearly impossible for my uncle to ever find a replacement to sit in on this building for him more than once. Veteran police officers actually have been frightened to the point in this building where they feel the need to draw their weapon.

Now, these strange occurances dont bother me, and my uncle gets a good laugh out of them. So one day he invited me to stay the night with him to see what all the hype was about. Having my own experience with seemingly unexplainable things (i dont want to say ghosts), i agreed to tag along.

So, the night came and at 8pm we started our shift that would last until 5am. The first hour i felt fine, and nothing weird happened. Soon enough, while we were watching the screens, i noticed something moving in the background a little.

It was rather dark, but i could see pixels changing color a bit on the screen. i asked my uncle to look and as soon as he did, what appeared to be a trashcan fell over on to the floor. Now that startled me a bit, because i thought i saw it ''sliding'' back and forth on the floor a bit before it fell over. We headed upstairs to look at the room.

The door to the office was locked (like usual), so we unlocked it and walked in, closing the door behind us in case a cat or something might have accidently gotten in the room earlier during the business day.

We approached the trashcan and it was empty, so nothing in it had shifted and caused it to fall. We then examed where it stood, and there were no airvents or anything. So we searched the tiny room, but found nothing suspicious or bothered. Pretty weird.

My uncle said to me, "ive seen this before with the trashcans in other rooms as well. i have no idea why it happens" We headed back down to the security office.

As we turned the corner in the corridor, my uncle put his arm out and stopped me. He drew his handgun and yelled "whose in there? come out, baltimore city police!"

Fairly scared now i asked him wtf is goin on? He pointed to the door of the security office and said that it should not be open...and he was right, it shouldnt be. The door had closed behind us when we left and it automatically security locks with re-entry only upon password. No to mention that the door has a mechanism that makes sure it stays closed at all times...a security feature.

But sure enough, there was the door, half open/half closed. As we walked forward towards the door my uncle warned whoever was there again, and to identify themselves. About 6-8ft from the door, it decided to slowly shut itself.

I about ____ed myself because either something was doing this, or i might get shot by whoever is in there trying to break in. So my uncle entered his password and we entered the room.
EMPTY!

The rest of the night my uncle and i both thought we felt tugging on our shirts and at our hair, but only to turn around to see nothing. That really freaked me out.

and also at some points you could see a dark spot on camera that was supposedly in a dark room. really weird and creepy stuff. have plans to go back again, but with a videocamera and some evp equipment. gonna catch me one of these ****'s.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

interesting story...I wanna go ghost hunting! ...or atleast experience your story...I'm addicted to adrenaline.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:16 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chapman
Have you ever felt something lie on top of you while you're sleeping? When it's on top of you, you can't move, but you're conscious. It's happened to me numerous times...even to the point where I attempted to resist and tried to get up, but get pushed back onto the bed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
i have it alot
Old 04-07-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, I got that for the first time a couple months ago. It was hella scary at the time because the situation makes you panic. It's fun to think about though. It's like a small case of "scare tactics". haha...
Old 04-08-2007, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i always feel like theres people walkin on my bed.. but i unno.. oh! one time my dad said something to my great grandma and it made her mad, well later that night something smacked the **** out of him and he looked and there was nothing, they think it was my great grandpa.. which always punched my dad in the arm and called him a a-hole.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bump for more stories! These are entertaining.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

I don't think I believe in ghosts. Spirits, maybe. At any rate, I've got a story for ya! lol

I work in a steel refinery in pittsburg. The mill was established in 1908, many buildings are from that era and have been rennovated over the years. At any rate, it is not uncommon for an employee to spend 30, 40, or 50+ years employed by the mill. The schedule there pretty much consumes your life lol. In that 100 year span, because of time, and the dangerous nature of the industry and equipment, many people have died there. Now, you would imagine, that if you worked in this place for 50 years, when you die, the last thing you would wanna do is come back to work!! I guess some people(maybe....) just love their jobs that much. It's not uncommon, especially on graveyard shifts, to see silouetts(sp) in the overhead crane cabs(most of the cranes have been converted to R/C, so there is no reason to be in the cab, and few cranes are parked near an access point anymore), and sometimes even see a crane move seem to move on it's own! Thats just in the "newer" section of the mill. When our line shuts down, sometimes my buddies and I will grab a scooter and go explore the older parts of the mill. Now, most of that equipment has been rendered inoperable or has been locked-out, but sometimes you swear you see things moving that shouldn't be. It's probably just the rotating schedule effing with your perception, in fact that's where I'd put my money, but sometimes it's fun to believe that there could be super(or suprA lol)natural occurences that happen there.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

I, too, believe there are things I just can't explain.

From the time I was a very small child, I would not be alone in my grandparents house. I was not a timid child by any means, and my family used to tease me about this. I would not go to bed unless somebody was sleeping in same room as me, to the point that they put a twin bed in the room my parents slept in.

I never saw a person, but I always felt, sad, and hopeless when I was by myself. It would overwhelm me, and I would just cry, and shake.

When I got older, I discovered some things about my family I didn't know. I always knew one of my aunts had died long before I was born, but I didn't really know the story. It wasn't anything evil, just very sad. She was very beautiful (think a natural blonde Marilyn Monroe), and very full of life. She left the small town she grew up in to go to nursing school in Minneapolis. While there, she contracted hepatitis eating at a restaurant. She was very sick for a very long time, and died at the age of 20. I didn't know til I was much older that she had spent most of her sick time in my granparents house, knowing she was terminal.

My grandmother became sick when I was 20 years old, and we didn't know what was wrong. She was in and out of the hospital, but they couldn't find anything. One day, she insisted that I come to the hospital to be with her. When I got there, they had my sweet little grandma restrained in bed. They said she was hallucinating, and they were worried she would hurt herself. She kept insisting to me she had to get up, and help the blonde lady get things ready, because lots of company was coming, including my uncle, who hadn't been to her house for 10+ years. There was no blonde woman, but grandma insisted she was in the room with us. She died 4 days later, and she was right, lots of company did come to her house. Including my uncle.

After grandma died, grandpa lived alone for quite awhile. One weekend, my mom asked me to drive the 3 hours to go pick him up, and bring him for a visit. When I got there, he was sitting in the living room. I told him it was time to go, but he said he couldn't leave. He said he needed to give the two women a key, so they wouldn't be locked out. I got the chills a little, but asked him "what women?". He said "the two women that live here. But, you know, they never asked if they could live here, and they don't say anything. They just follow me around, and sit on the end of the bed at night". I was trying not to freak out, so I asked him what he was talking about. He said "the old woman, and the young blonde. They moved in a long time ago, but I really should make sure they have a key..."

To this day, I know that my aunt somehow made me feel what she felt being in that house. She continued to watch over her parents, and was with both of them at the end of their lives. Grandma joined her to watch over grandpa.

There is so much more...grandma visiting me after she died, and also visiting one of my cousins the exact same way. But, this is probably long enough...

Until somebody proves it cannot be true, I certainly believe it is possible...