Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Do YOU Double-Park?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Default Do YOU Double-Park?

I know that we don't have Ferrari's and stuff but I also know most people here care about their cars. I generally try and park away from other vehicles, next to a curb if I can to cut the chance of dings in half. But it seems that even if I park where there are no other cars within 10 spots of me, someone will always feel the need to park right beside me with a Tahoe or some other tank, even in a lot that's practically empty. So I'm wondering if anyone here double parks just to help with this...and can you be ticketed for it or anything?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i dont do it myself just basically what you do..but i wouldnt double park that will just ____ people off and mabe get yout car keyed
Old 02-06-2009, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i drop people off and go home. i don't need a social life.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a scion life
Old 02-06-2009, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

???
Old 02-06-2009, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

absolute sarcasm
Old 02-06-2009, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I don't ever double park cause here in Chitown, you'll get your ride keyed! I'd rather park at the back of the lot as far as possible and just walk...
Old 02-06-2009, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Anytime I see a car double parked, I'll park right next to it, just to ____ off the double parker. I try not to hit the other car with my door, but hey, ____ happens.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't care if someone double parks when there's nobody else in the lot or i they're in the back. but if the spots are taken up and the lot is full, and they double park, they're pretty much telling everyone "____ you all i have no respect or decency for anyone"
Old 02-06-2009, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by silverstreaktc
i don't care if someone double parks when there's nobody else in the lot or i they're in the back. but if the spots are taken up and the lot is full, and they double park, they're pretty much telling everyone "flip you all i have no respect or decency for anyone"
Or "look I'm a horrible driving and I can't even manage to park a Scion" or "look at my scion, i think it's the best car ever and refuse to realize it's actually a piece of crap econobox"
Old 02-06-2009, 03:04 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i tired quad parking once in my car and that wasn't worth it

but with the work truck its no sweat :D

Old 02-06-2009, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

When i'm running in somewhere quick I park in the handicap spots. :D

Around here the handicaps are like spaced out by a no-parking zone thats like 3ft wide, I guess so wheelchairs can fit between the cars?

Otherwise I just park near curbs and get close to the curb to give the other cars plenty of room to swing their doors as not to ding me.

Just because our cars aren't a hundred grand doesn't mean you can show some pride for what you have.

Btw don't worry I fake the hobble and everything so nobody is offended. Straight faced, all the way into the place.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i took up six spaces when i ordered a dominos pizza. i figured the parking lot was empty and no one really cares so i just did it.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Anytime I see a car double parked, I'll park right next to it, just to ____ off the double parker. I try not to hit the other car with my door, but hey, poop happens.
wow dude, i hope someone keys you for that crap. that's an absolute butt move that you're pulling. if someone parked like that to be a jerk and they have a piece of garbage car, then i can understand you waiting for them and saying something to them about it...but what your saying is just being more of a jerk than them.

i'm talking about double parking in a near empty parking lot because there's always that one inconsiderate jerk who parks next to you when you park in the middle of nowhere for the purpose of avoiding that very thing! even when you park properly between the lines.

some of us such as myself do all our own installations and thus have pride in our rides because of the time we've invested in them and simply want to protect it. econobox or not...

***EDIT***
Only the bold text is my rant
Old 02-06-2009, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow shane dude chill out man
Old 02-06-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i never double park but always try to park next to "dead spots" in parking lots/ garages so that way i can park a little in the dead spot and leave enough room for the person who will park next to me.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by SCIONshane
Anytime I see a car double parked, I'll park right next to it, just to ____ off the double parker. I try not to hit the other car with my door, but hey, poop happens.
wow dude, i hope someone keys you for that crap. that's an absolute butt move that you're pulling. if someone parked like that to be a jerk and they have a piece of garbage car, then i can understand you waiting for them and saying something to them about it...but what your saying is just being more of a jerk than them.

i'm talking about double parking in a near empty parking lot because there's always that one inconsiderate jerk who parks next to you when you park in the middle of nowhere for the purpose of avoiding that very thing! even when you park properly between the lines.

some of us such as myself do all our own installations and thus have pride in our rides because of the time we've invested in them and simply want to protect it. econobox or not...

***EDIT***
Only the bold text is my rant
lol, invested time? You can double park when you've actually invested more than a days worth of time into a car.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:29 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just find curb spots for parking lol if not, I park as far away as needed to prevent from being hit. If im at work, I will park near co-workers cars since they know that I wont mess with their cars and they wont mess with mine.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

lol, invested time? You can double park when you've actually invested more than a days worth of time into a car.
since this is the internetz and people can read voice tones, i'm letting everyone know that this is said in my "nice voice" lol.

ok...so i had a crapload of stuff that i just backspaced from right here. bottom line of what i had though, i don't think anyone can set an exact amount of time here. by invest time i simply mean that everything done to the car (except the windshield logo and having tires mounted on the rims) was performed by me. and i spend countless hours detailing it on a regular basis trying to keep it in pristine condition. and if i was in a position where i could buy coilovers and turbo kit and all these other things that may be a little more time consuming, i would. i love my car dudez, i'm just talking about taking a preventative measure to protect it from people who have no respect for others' property...not trying to say i'm better than anyone else because i've put ?? hours into my car.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05FMtC
i never double park but always try to park next to "dead spots" in parking lots/ garages so that way i can park a little in the dead spot and leave enough room for the person who will park next to me.
Ditto. This is a good plan since you can do outside your line w/o it being a big deal.

I stopped dbl parking when I actually say some punk key a car that was parked in two spots. Now I park as far away as I can and it is rare that another car parks next to me - in SD, most people are too lazy to spend the extra 2 minutes walking.

Quick Reply: Do YOU Double-Park?