Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH KELLY SERVICES???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH KELLY SERVICES???

I received a call from Kelly Services this morning and they offered me 1yr(shorter/longer)contract and it will be an "at-will" basis. Im excited and interested with this offer because it will almost going to double my current compensation but I'm worried because of the "at-will" basis because they have the right to terminate me with or without a reason. I have not worked with Kelly Services before so I would like to hear some comments with this agency and need some advice. Thanks guys!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Revolt Imports

DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

i worked for them about 12 years ago, i have worked with alot of people as well being kelly temps... good company, at least down here... basically, youre on probation the whole time, but it is just a temp position... good luck...
Old 12-18-2006, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I currently run a Nonprofit Organization with our city through a grant. The company name is WorkForce Connection which is a free job resource center that provides our clients with free resources for there job search. One of the vendors we work with and refer our clients to is Kelly Services, and our clients have been grateful and have positive comments regarding Kelly Services. Make sure you keep up with your duties.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

They are legit. My friend got a job as an engineer in Intel through Kelly Serv.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I worked for them for about 3 months a while ago in Milwaukee. The company was legit, and the pay was competitive too. I can't remember anything about benefits though.

Sending in time cards was a bit of a pain as the local office had a tendency of losing them. On more than one occasion I had to use my lunch break to visit them and deliver a time card in person, though with any luck they let you do that sort of thing via email now.

The only thing that sucked was that I got a better job (full time, non-contract) and gave them a 3 day notice instead of 2 weeks. When I called them up the girl blew her top and started going off about how I could never work for them again......

Anyways, they're alright and could be your foot in the door for a full time position at whatever company you get staffed to work for.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMO i would hate being under contract. new opportunities always arise in the workforce.