Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Does EVERYONE get accepted for CarSponsorships.com?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Does EVERYONE get accepted for CarSponsorships.com?

haha i find this kinna funny. i filled out a "fast app" for the pimp my ride sponsorship just to see what would happen. well i get an email today and says that they have accepted me for the sponsorship but i have to fill out another application (im guessing this is the full one where they charge u for it and crap) well i didnt go that far..the funny part was i jus said my car had an intake, and for the box where u should say why u deserve a sponsorship, my exact words were "i want free mods. the mods that i dont like, i will sell them and use that money to buy mods that i want."
Old 01-15-2006, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, i think everyone does. they just want your money, and charge you retail price for ____. not worth it, unless you like the free stickers they give you.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^It's not retail price. I've actually looked at the prices, and compared them to what they go for elsewhere. The discount is atleast 50% off.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:55 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I filled out an application a while ago and got accepted, but then when they asked for the money I said nope. Whell 2 days ago I get an email from them saying they guarentee me a sponsorship with Vertical doors inc, and tsunami audio.
They will also pay for my entry fee to HIN, give me a V.I.P. Lounge Pass and feature
my car on their website. I spoke to a guy that used them and said he gets free stuff and free range to build hs car the way he wants. I might go ahead and do it just to see what kind of discount I get from VDI
Old 01-15-2006, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You will get about the same discount you can get by buying the crap on eBay.

It's not worth it!
Old 01-15-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I am sponsored through carsponsorships as are a few others here on SL. To be honest its mostly up to the product company that sponsors you. In the pimp my ride sponsorship package you get a list of the companies that Cs works with....

You can take which ever products you want you dont have to accept them all.. You can say I want to get with this company but not this 1 example VDC is 1 of those sponsors I dont want therefore I plainly ignore their offer. It aslo depends on the product company on what you get for example Xtreme Flame Kitz / carsposnorships gave me a complete sponsorship meaning I got their product free of charge. Stoner hooked me up with their stuff at I think around 60% off their actual price.

I have more sponsors coming and 1 good thing about carsponsorships is they are always looking for new sponsor companies which means if there is a company that they dont work with they have told me to get them all the info on that company and they will seek out the sponsorship for me.. I was real sleptical in the begging but I did it anyways (looking for free crap and too have company logos on my car) but I found its not that bad..

I personally believe that If you fill out the application and are willing to pay the $89. than yes you will be approved (I mean what company wont do something for you for an $89. fee times that by a feww thousand) I hope this helps

Also if you are interested feel free to click the link to CS in my sig..
Old 01-15-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And if you are interested and you click the link in his sig, he gets paid.

They gave me the same the offer but I won't promote stuff I don't believe in.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by FrankenScion

I get a $5.00 kick back as a refferal fee..
Old 01-15-2006, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't understand your comment. What's not to believe. I have gone through them as well, and the companies that I selected are the ones listed in my sig. Like I said, if you don't get FREE stuff, then you get at least 50% off. We didn't want Vertical Doors either, but it was a helluva discount they give you though. The discount on the doors would be close to what you would find priced on ebay, but where you miss the point is

ebay vert kits = generic, toss up to wether or not it will align right doors

VDK kits = specifically made for your car

I too was skeptical, but thought I would do it anyway. $89 dollars isn't a whole lot to me, it's not like I'm not getting anything out of it.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I too was skeptical, but thought I would do it anyway. $89 dollars isn't a whole lot to me, it's not like I'm not getting anything out of it.
That is exactly my point and my rational of thinking when I signed up.. Many people said its a scam and not too do it, but I figured hey I will either lose $89. or Gain an a** load of stuff for my car..
Old 01-15-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Exactly. I don't think you would see their advertisement in just about every import magazine if all they did was rip people off.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Why wouldn't you?

They accept their money just like SL does. I doubt very seriously they really care who advertises in their magazines.

I'm sure some of these very same magazines have ads for ***** pumps too.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Or on this website either. Darren would have booted them like he booted that 1 site something tunerz.com (cant remember the name off hand..
Old 01-15-2006, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It was tCTunerz.com and they were a bit different.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ Tctunerz thats it thank you... How is that different because they actually stole money and scammed ppl??
Old 01-15-2006, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Why wouldn't you?

They accept their money just like SL does. I doubt very seriously they really care who advertises in their magazines.

I'm sure some of these very same magazines have ads for ***** pumps too.

Seriously bro...what is the point in arguing this? If spending a small amount of cash to get 50% off on some products (in some cases free products), is not your style then that's cool. But as far as I'm concern, your words have no weight if you actually have never tried it. Have you actually been a member before? If not, then you don't have any room to talk. Now, if you have been a member, and felt you were ripped off, then sorry that you feel that way. I on the other hand, have had good experience thus far, and I am happy with the pricing on the products.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I actually did sign up, I wouldn't arguing otherwise. I signed up for both cs.com and scp.com as an experiment so I could better inform members of my club. Every price I have seen I have been able to match by shopping around.

I got "offers" from all sorts of companies, but none of them compared to the actual sponsorhships I already had, and have gotten since.

But, that is not even the reason I really don't like them. It's that they promise you $500 worth of sponsorships and half the people that sign up get a discount with blaupunkt and some free stickers. I still haven't figured out how the hell that adds up to $500.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I actually did sign up, I wouldn't arguing otherwise. I signed up for both cs.com and scp.com as an experiment so I could better inform members of my club. Every price I have seen I have been able to match by shopping around.

I got "offers" from all sorts of companies, but none of them compared to the actual sponsorhships I already had, and have gotten since.

But, that is not even the reason I really don't like them. It's that they promise you $500 worth of sponsorships and half the people that sign up get a discount with blaupunkt and some free stickers. I still haven't figured out how the hell that adds up to $500.

I think you are misinformed about the $500 dollars. You don't get $500 off bat. You get it if you get 10 people to actually sign up. Did you get 10 people to actually SIGN? From the start, I got like 7 sponsor offerings. One of them was a full sponsorship for window tint, but by that time, we had already had tint done on the car. Which car was it that you signed up with?

I'm not sure if you saw in the contract that they send, but I recall seeing somewhere in the contract, that if you find a price somewhere on the internet that was in comparison to the sponsored pricing, then you were to give them a call, and you can talk to them about re-pricing it. Which makes sense, to call them and tell them that "johndoe.com" has the same pricing, and that you need to drop the price more for me.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

When I apllied I remember it said you were guaranteed $500 worth of sponsorships.

And, no, I don't remember reading anything about price-matching.

Hey, I'm gald it worked for you, but I won't reccomend it to anyone.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Yeah, you are gauranteed only if you get 10 people to sign up.

Quick Reply: Does EVERYONE get accepted for CarSponsorships.com?