Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Does EVERYONE get accepted for CarSponsorships.com?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The getting 10 people to sign up only makes it a pyramid scheme rip off. If you go to shows with a decent car and sometimes win, you don't need to pay to get sponsored. You guys are only feeding the monster.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Does EVERYONE get accepted for CarSponsorships.com?

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
haha i find this kinna funny. i filled out a "fast app" for the pimp my ride sponsorship just to see what would happen. well i get an email today and says that they have accepted me for the sponsorship but i have to fill out another application (im guessing this is the full one where they charge u for it and crap) well i didnt go that far..the funny part was i jus said my car had an intake, and for the box where u should say why u deserve a sponsorship, my exact words were "i want free mods. the mods that i dont like, i will sell them and use that money to buy mods that i want."
You get "accepted" no matter if your car is completely stock, but its rare that you would get anything else out of it than stickers and decals. Theres one or two that may have gotten more out of it by using this method, but true sponsorship doesn't grow on the net. You also don't pay to be sponsored, again, if its true sponsorship.

With that said, waste of money.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott17
The getting 10 people to sign up only makes it a pyramid scheme rip off. If you go to shows with a decent car and sometimes win, you don't need to pay to get sponsored. You guys are only feeding the monster.

That's not the only thing there is to get. That's just one thing. Like I said, the list of sponsors I have down below, is who I selected. I don't plan on trying to recruit people to join to get the $500 bucks. I don't feel it was worthless. Like I said, you can call and question the pricing. Besides, like was said above, I can get sponsors at the shows too.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Good luck with all that.....
Old 01-16-2006, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I had in the beggining 1 problem with carsponsorships, I sent them an email they called me personally and asked me how THEY could fix it. I have recieved many offers from a few companies some I chose not to deal with and some I currently work with and some I will be working with..

You guys are misunderstanding things its not about getting free stickers and decals as you guys claim.. You dont get something for nothing thou in some cases you do get lucky (e.g. My Xtreme Flamez Kit 100% free), Your getting a chance to get good quality good company named products for a reasonably decreased percentage. People can tough talk Carsponsorships.com all they want but as far as people like myself, rhythmnsmoke, and Im sure a few others we are currently content with CS and what they have done for us..
Old 01-16-2006, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well so far you only got two sponsers listed, so that tells me you paid $89 to get a $79-89 flame kit for free and 60% off a $5-6 can of window spray. I think I just s**t myslef laughing at the logic here. Me, I signed up for nothing, I paid $0 for nothing, I got $0 in return, thus I'm getting a 100% return on investment, and you, you're actually in the hole. Faaawk mee!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Does everyone get accepted to CarSponsorships.com?"

Yes.

I don't wanna offend anyone, that's not my intention, but IMO CS.com is a load of crap. I could submit that I have a Ford Pinto and they'd gladly accept my $89.

From a business standpoint, what they do is ingenious...with the automotive aftermarket growing so much over the last number of years, lots of people wanna say that they have sponsors and a modded car to be like Joe Cool.

And for $89 you get a flamekit that nobody EVER buys. I've seen only a few out of all the shows I've been to in my life, and they were all installed on hot rods. Not to mention, you can make one yourself for $5 using a spark plug, and if you shop around or do the legwork yourself you can get the same deals.

There are traditionally two kinds of sponsorships:
Full sponsorship where the only price you pay is giving up your vehicle for the professional install and possible photo shoots, and it is required that you attend certain, or a number of car shows annually.
Partial sponsorship where you pay a percentage of the fees involved, as well as attend the car shows/media events.

However, CS.com has done one positive thing....it is now a little taboo to have sponsors. A lot more tuners do the work themselves and pay for it out of their own pocket rather than jump through hoops. I for one am proud of my project and the fact that I worked to acheive it, and claim ZERO SPONSORS.

I wonder how well those stickers would sell
Old 01-16-2006, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Chikubi
Well so far you only got two sponsers listed, so that tells me you paid $89 to get a $79-89 flame kit for free and 60% off a $5-6 can of window spray. I think I just s**t myslef laughing at the logic here. Me, I signed up for nothing, I paid $0 for nothing, I got $0 in return, thus I'm getting a 100% return on investment, and you, you're actually in the hole. Faaawk mee!
As far as I am concerned your an idiot bro you sit there saying I got nothing for my $89. My Xtreme Flame Kitz sponsorship paid for my $89. fee off the bat. As far as me only having 2 sponsors thats my business not yours on who I work with and who I dont... I chose to work with them 2 for now more are to come.. There are a few companies they use I chose not to use like VDC no need for Lambo doors, Kyowa wheels I dont like their style of wheels.. Im glad for you that you chose not to get involved with CS.com but dont ridicule ppl who have and are happy with them..
Old 01-16-2006, 02:14 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Tim what is the discount they offer with VDI?
Old 01-16-2006, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

CXT sent you a PM
Old 01-16-2006, 02:56 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks
Old 01-16-2006, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by WagenMaster
And for $89 you get a flamekit that nobody EVER buys. I've seen only a few out of all the shows I've been to in my life, and they were all installed on hot rods. Not to mention, you can make one yourself for $5 using a spark plug, and if you shop around or do the legwork yourself you can get the same deals.

Full sponsorship where the only price you pay is giving up your vehicle for the professional install and possible photo shoots, and it is required that you attend certain, or a number of car shows annually.
Partial sponsorship where you pay a percentage of the fees involved, as well as attend the car shows/media events.

However, CS.com has done one positive thing....it is now a little taboo to have sponsors. A lot more tuners do the work themselves and pay for it out of their own pocket rather than jump through hoops. I for one am proud of my project and the fact that I worked to acheive it, and claim ZERO SPONSORS.

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. There is more than 2 types of sponsorships. And what FEES? $89 dollars is the only thing you ever pay. Besides paying your own traveling cost (in some cases they are covered), which you would otherwise be paying with or without CS.com.

Hmm...lets see what I get for $89 dollars.

discount on a lightweight flywheel for my tC (and when they come out with clutches, will get a discount on that too).

discount on speakers (which ANY speakers is better speakers than the stock tC ones)

discount on audio amp setup kit (which is needed for any audio setup)

discount on a 16 million color Neon setup (Just for the hell of it).

So, as you can see, my $89 dollars went a long ways. So, don't try to knock on me, cause I actually got something out of it. Not to mention, I got enough money to do things myself, so can't claim the "pride of doing it yourself" route either, cause I would be doing the same things with or without CS.com. Don't try to imply that just because we tried out CS that we are lazy individuals, and don't work hard for what we do with our ride. More than half the stuff I have planned (ZPI turbo, CF hood, CF fenders, CF front lip, CF spoiler, Rims...etc), I am not even getting from CS. I just have them for little stuff like audio equippment, paint, etc.

I just thought I would try it out just to see what would happen. CS.com is not for everyone. I did it, because I hate selling things, and doing the whole...."O please sponsor my car for me...I will sport your banner for you and everything", to different companies over and over. Instead, I just send CS $89 bucks to do it for me, and I take the pick of the litter.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by WagenMaster
"

First off thank you for the subtle comment by you telling me you only saw a hand full and on hod rods lets me know I will have something no1 else will.. Thanks.. As far as leg work goes my friend all the things purchased thanks to CS.com is getting done by myself I DO MY OWN WORK, the sponsors dont pay for it in any way.. I dont know where you get your intel from but its all wrong.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

As far as this concerns me, please do not bring me into this Da-Mac, reasons being:

my contact with CS is much different than yours, and i dont feel like getting into this match about cs.

As you got a free flame kit, not my style at all, but good for you, you wanna know what i got 100% free?

Tires, Springs, Underglow Kit (with extra accessories), stoner cleaning supplies, graphics, PAS mag subscription, diamond palted floor mats

i have multiple discounted companies as well

i also have a few companies that have sponsored my car which are not related or affilated with CS what so ever.

so again, please leave me out of this agrument
Old 01-16-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Edited that post your not mentioned..
Old 01-16-2006, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

LOL I should join up and see what they off me for my car?

What you guys think?

Maybe we can get a consumer report done with this such as a person/company pays for it then post the results all over the web.

I think its more a scam then anything, but it could be what they say HA.... You have to consider the alternatives and the money they actualy charge...

Someone should go check out foxmarketing they do the same thing only they really do a great job and charge alot more.

Well if I find $89 in my sofa Ill sign up just to see what they will offer to my car.....
Old 01-16-2006, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The verticle doors is about %50 give or take, if I remember the literature I was sent.

As for someone's comment before about SL not hosting advertisments from a shady company(ies), you should reas the following link about this very topic.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...light=removing

And finally, the majority of businesses which had poor rankings with the BBB (better Business Bureau) typically have them for a reason.

Buyer Beware.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Da_Mac

As far as I am concerned your an idiot bro you sit there saying I got nothing for my $89. My Xtreme Flame Kitz sponsorship paid for my $89. fee off the bat. As far as me only having 2 sponsors thats my business not yours on who I work with and who I dont... I chose to work with them 2 for now more are to come.. There are a few companies they use I chose not to use like VDC no need for Lambo doors, Kyowa wheels I dont like their style of wheels.. Im glad for you that you chose not to get involved with CS.com but dont ridicule ppl who have and are happy with them..
I'm ridiculing you to try and slap your face that you're wasting you're money on a marketing scam and nothing more. To date, from what you say, you've received nothing for your fee other than something that was the same price elsewhere had you skipped CS and just bought it directly. You also got a discount on something that is cheap in the first place(Stoner), so you're saving, what, $20 a year if you go through a lot of window cleaner? The other 2 sponsors you mention you opted out of, which is fine, but be honest, they weren't anything anyone really wants in the first place, which is probably why you opted out of them. And I'll bet the majority of offers you get in the future are gonna be similar -- very little, if any, real quality items that people want. You can call me an idiot if you want -- I was being a dick, so it's well deserved -- but wake up man and don't be an idiot either by using your hard-earned cash to buy into some marketing scheme to make someone else rich off the sweat of honest hobbyists like yourself, myself, and others.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

F.Y.I.: The H.I.N. sponsorship consists of tires, suspension, brake system, exhaust, lighting, rims, and other modifications for your car. We call it the “The Dream Package”. Products will be delivered to you and you must install them yourself or have them professionally installed. Amy, will explain to you all the details. These “Dream Packages” will only be given to those who can prove that they are reliable, trustworthy and work well with their sponsors.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi Serialk1llr,

Your sponsorship contracts have been prepared and are now ready for download. First before we go into detail, we have some exciting news. In addition to the 2 original sponsorships secured for you, we have secured you an additional 4 sponsorships from 4 different companies. Here at CarSponsorships.com, when a team member gets this many sponsorships at once, we call it the “Pimp Your Ride” Sponsorship! Your ‘Pimp Your Ride’ Sponsorship consists of 6 product sponsorships from 6 companies (VerticalDoors, Inc., Gila Films, Blaupunkt USA, Max It Out Video, StreetFX, R-Blox, and Tsunami Audio) plus a $500 cash contingency sponsorship from CarSponsorships.com. These sponsorships range from full, quasi and industry “perk” sponsorships. Over the past year we have been proud to issue product sponsorships to all of the deserving individuals that applied. Our mission at CarSponsorships.com has been to help people fulfill their dreams of being sponsored by reputable, national companies that have real products.

You may get started right away ordering your products. If you are unable to print the documents or have technical difficulties please contact us and we will mail your contracts.

To access your sponsorships and learn more please download here:

http://www.carsponsorships.com/sponsorship/contract.pdf

If you have any questions please let us know. Our offices are open M-F 9am - 5pm EST.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sponsorships I got…..

Gila Films window tint – Full Sponsorship
Verticle Doors – Quasi Sponsorship
$500 “Race for Cash” sponsorship – get people to sign up and when you hit a threshold, you get $500
Blaupankt – Quasi Sponsorship
Max It Out (videos) – Full Sponsorship
StreetFX – Quasi Sponsorship
R-Blox Sound Control – Quasi Sponsorship
H.I.N Application – Hooray for me….
Dunlop Tires – Perk (Dunlop has to accept you, so you could have done this yourself)
Tsunami Audio – Full Quasi Sponsorship

PM me for the pricing details of the above mentioned offers....

Then later, they offered me

Monkey Video Products
Kyowa Wheels
Stoner Car Care
Auto-Air Colors

You’ve been warned…..[/b]
Old 01-16-2006, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Chikubi point well taken..

Quick Reply: Does EVERYONE get accepted for CarSponsorships.com?