Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

DONT DRINK STARBUCKS COFFEE !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:27 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

^^ google it.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This happened forever ago, I was working at starbucks when it happened and got really really ____ed off.

each starbucks employee donates money personally out of their paychecks and every pay period we get a free "mark out" item, coffee beans, tea, etc that we can take home and they give us the option of donating that too.

Most employees take advantage of that and donate as much as they can to the troops.

So starbucks as a whole may not donate, but they make damn sure each and every one of their partners has the opportunity and is encouraged to donate.

This is a huge exageration and a load of BS. I'll keep enjoying my starbucks and tipping my baristas knowing several of them donate large portions of their pay.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
as i like to say.... "In before the lock!" I hope those funny pictures follow too...
What pictures are you talking about?

Old 12-21-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by oni424
Feel free by the way to support other coffee companies if you like, did you know Caribou Coffee is owned by First Islamic Investment bank?

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/caribou.asp
Thanks for linking the Snopes article. They give a pretty good assessment of the Caribou portfolio. Atlanta-based Crescent Capitol own the majority share, and they are backed by Palistinian-based First Islamic. A sheik on the supervisory board of First Islamic was also on the board of a palistinian relief agency called Union for Good, who on thier website calls the Isreali occupation of Gaza illegal.

The sheik was removed from the Fist Islamic board in 2002, and First Islamic hired a US law firm to audit its charity donation recipients. None of their donation recipients are banned from recieving charity under US law, and Union for Good is not on the US list of organizations that support terrorism.

I do agree with the sheik's stance on banning McDonalds, though I back it on health reasons alone and not anti-American sentiment.