Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Double Standard for Sex Crimes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing
Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Age should not be the real issue, but maturity.
Is there a quantifiable scale, other than age, for 'maturity'?
Without laws, there would be no need for a scale.

Now dont jump on me all at once. Situations are always different. But if a 17 year and an 18 year old got together and had consensual sex, is there really a crime?
LOL...yes if the male is 17 and the female is 18 (i **** you not). other way though, no.
some states a female can consent(without parents) to marriage at 16; 17 in other states. usually a man will not be prosecuted if marriage is on the horizon.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now dont jump on me all at once. Situations are always different. But if a 17 year and an 18 year old got together and had consensual sex, is there really a crime?
Don't think so at all. But what about a 24 yo teacher and a 14 yo student? That's what we're talking about here.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't think so at all. But what about a 24 yo teacher and a 14 yo student? That's what we're talking about here.
I contend that if it was consensual, than no crime was commited.

Where do you stand?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I say that in the eyes of the law of the USA that a crime was committed. It was a sexual act with what the law defines as a minor. If we don't back up our laws what are they good for?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I contend that a 14 yo does not posses capacity to give consent. Either male or female.

If both are 14 (or underage) I contend that nothing should happen.

So, the NBC to Catch a Predator series; Under your contention, NBC and the cops would be the bad guys here? Not the middle age men seeking to have sex with underage boys and girls?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing
I contend that if it was consensual, than no crime was commited.

Where do you stand?
if you asked me, m or f, if the minor can convince a state shrink they weren't a virgin prior, and that it was as consensual as it can get for a minor, then guilty of atleast sexual assualt of a minor, like she got. Loss of all unsupervised contact with minors for life. 5 years in prison.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I contend that a 14 yo does not posses capacity to give consent. Either male or female.
My how times have changed. Many years ago, by 15, a girl was having a kid. Now it seems that we as society have gotten dumber. Guess that throws evolution out the window! (that last line was a joke)

If both are 14 (or underage) I contend that nothing should happen.
That we agree on.

So, the NBC to Catch a Predator series; Under your contention, NBC and the cops would be the bad guys Not the middle age men seeking to have sex with underage boys and girls?
Having never seen the show, I have no idea.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

It doesn't matter whether or not the boy had the capacity to consent or not. In lawful terms this is a clear cut case of statutory rape and for that the teacher should be penalized to the maximum.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why couldn't a 14 yo have the capacity? it's not like they're retarded.

at 14 i legally worked, I wrote and published short stories and poems. I was in every honors class available, passed the SAT at 12 at Duke univ., 98-99% on eveyr itbs test i took, i had studied clarinet and guitar for 5 years by that time, and easily at the top of my class... But sex, o, no. That's waay too much. Seriously sex is not some magic skill reserved for only the mature adult.

I like how when someone say "at age 14", and they just remember how they were, like they were the smartest and most mature for their age. Again i'll say, some people are different. when i went to christian school at 16, i went to class with girls that had only been going to this little christian school their entire lives. They had the social mentality of the public school kids at 12 because of their upbringing.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dave, it's the same reason we don't let 14 yo's drive, drink, vote, or enter legally binding contracts.

My how times have changed. Many years ago, by 15, a girl was having a kid.
They still are, and 7/10 of the time the boy who impregnated her gets charged with statatory rape and becomes a "sexual offender" for life (this, is completely asinine and 100% counter productive as the boy will never be able to do anything worthwhile career wise), and the odds that the child grows up in poverty are astronomical.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dave, it's the same reason we don't let 14 yo's drive, drink, vote, or enter legally binding contracts.
what is? you said "I contend that a 14 yo does not posses capacity to give consent. Either male or female."

why not? we're not talking legally, we're talking capacity.

I say some 14 year olds are sure. All? no. My little brother right now who's 14? no way. But some are.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's the gist: they team up with Perverted Justice. The PJ folks create online personnas explicitly pointing out that they are 12, 14, or whatever underage. Then they just wait for men to IM (to date, no woman has been busted on the show). They converse, and eventually the man will instigate a sexually charged conversation, and say he wants to meet her. They arrange the meeting, and then when the guy shows up, he's arrested.

The guy always says he wasn't going to do anything, but 9 out of 10 times he's brought condoms and booze at a minimum.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's the gist: they team up with Perverted Justice. The PJ folks create online personnas explicitly pointing out that they are 12, 14, or whatever underage. Then they just wait for men to IM (to date, no woman has been busted on the show). They converse, and eventually the man will instigate a sexually charged conversation, and say he wants to meet her. They arrange the meeting, and then when the guy shows up, he's arrested.

The guy always says he wasn't going to do anything, but 9 out of 10 times he's brought condoms and booze at a minimum.
one of the worst shows on t.v. and yet everytime it's on msnbc, i got to watch it. To see these guys lie so bad.
it's awesome, the host will confront these guys and say:
"So you wanted to have sex with a 14 year old, huh?"
the guys says "No way, I'm just here to talk"
"Well, let me read from your email last night, it says 'I want to shove my who-ha in your dilly'"

crazy stuff
Old 03-01-2007, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say some 14 year olds are sure. All? no. My little brother right now who's 14? no way. But some are.
Ok, how do you determine if they poses capacity in objective, quantifiable? You can't, so for the sake of simplicity, you draw a line somewhere.

Let me put it this way, I don't care how bright, mature, or intellegent a 14 year old is, a17+ year old has no business touching them in a sexual manner. The difference between 14 and 17 is phenomenal.

Are the lines arbitrary? most likely.

Do they apply to everyone? for the law yes, morally it gets grey and murkey.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that show is like watching a train wreck. You know what's about to happen, you know it's gonna be ugly, but yet you can't turn away.

I can't believe how dudes literally throw their lives away for the possibilty of doing some kid. Doctors, lawyers, military guys, COPS!, you name it, they've had 'em on.

What gets me are the ones that have daughters that age back home.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me put it this way, I don't care how bright, mature, or intellegent a 14 year old is, a17+ year old has no business touching them in a sexual manner. The difference between 14 and 17 is phenomenal.
I do totally agree, you do have to draw a line in the sand, and say "regardless".

But I could line up a bunch of guys and girls ages 14 and 18, list off their accomplishments, skills, size, amount of hair, whatever, and no one could tell the difference. and yet because of their age, one of them can go get shot in iraq.

If we're talking physcially? I'll try and find the near 7 foot 14 year old in the little leagues for you.
Emotionally? We both know 18 year old females as emotionally mature as 9 year old. and then there are those of us grown up by crazy bi-polar women that grow up real fast.
yes put the average 14 vs. the average 18 year old, 18 wins sure. but sometimes not.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that show is like watching a train wreck. You know what's about to happen, you know it's gonna be ugly, but yet you can't turn away.

I can't believe how dudes literally throw their lives away for the possibilty of doing some kid. Doctors, lawyers, military guys, COPS!, you name it, they've had 'em on.

What gets me are the ones that have daughters that age back home.
my favorite is when they bring middle school teachers on. just shows how fcuked up it is. and they say they do like 50+ guys like this on a 2 day weekend, one right after the other.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If we're talking physcially? I'll try and find the near 7 foot 14 year old in the little leagues for you
All you gotta do is watch the sports scene. Watching LeBron his first year was just amazing. Watching that and thinking, "geeze, he's only 18! and look at him!" (and btw, he was wise beyond his years too!)

Greg Oden, when wearing a beard looks 34.

UT has 6'4" 305lb defensive tackle that will be playing D1 ball in a few months...he's only 17 now!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.armchairgm.com/index.php?...Little_Leaguer

6'8" 256....13 years old
Old 03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread is going all over the place and I do not have the time to jump from theme to theme, but I did want to say this:

There are a lot of double standards in society. When a woman gets pregnant and she wants to keep it, the biological father has no say in the matter and must shell out huge amounts of money for the next 18 years even if he cannot or does not want the responsibility. When that same woman gets pregnant and the man wants to keep it, she is under no legal obligation to tell him about it and can simply abort, or she can let him know and choose to abort anyway, and the man gets NO say in the matter. She can do it for whatever reason she sees fit even if that reason is, "because I want to hurt you".

Is that fair? No, it is just the way it is.

Thats how I see things when an older woman sleeps with/seduces/has sex with an underage boy vs. the older guy/underage girl thing.

Get use to it boys and girls (or men and women)....nobody ever said life was fair. IT IS NOT! Nor will it ever be.

Quick Reply: Double Standard for Sex Crimes?