Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

The drivers that you hate!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default The drivers that you hate!

Post a type of driver that you hate/pet peeve.

1. I hate the drivers that get onto a freeway on ramp and putter at 30 mph until they've actually merged while I'm behind them. I got news for you buddy, you can't get on/drive on the freeway at that speed!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

people that pull out infront of you in a hurry and do half the speed limit..
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was on my way to school, and i got cut off on the interstate by some redneck douchebag in a dodge ram, i was uber pi$$ed, but thankfully, that @$$hole got a taste of his own medicine when a honda civic cut him off even worst 10 minutes later, made my day.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the big a$$ trucks that ride ur nuts and there raised so high there headlights are in direct line with ur eyes blinding u.
or the people that think its cool to drive with there high beams
Old 08-28-2007, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The typical moron that drives in the left lane and drags the whole lane of traffic behind them because they won't move over for the life of them, and then you make a move to go around them and then they speed up! Grrrrrrrrr
Old 08-28-2007, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate it when there are two cars going down a two lane highway side by side 10 mph under the speed limit so you can't pass'em.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by shortthrow27
The typical moron that drives in the left lane and drags the whole lane of traffic behind them because they won't move over for the life of them, and then you make a move to go around them and then they speed up! Grrrrrrrrr
OMG, I totally feel you on this one. There have been times when I've seriously been tempted to wreck my car by pulling in front of them at the first opportunity and slamming on my brakes.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most people here dont understand that the far left lane is actually called a passing lane and is only suppose to be used for, yup, passing. You should not be riding in that lane for a second longer than it takes you to safely pass another vechicle and as soon as you do pass, you should move over to lane to your right.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Drivers without insurance... Which goes for about half of LA...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Oh, there are so many things....

But the thing I hate the most is:
When people don't use their turn signals!
Are you too stupid to figure out how they work or are you just to lazy to move your hand or finger?
They come standard on every car, so it not like they are an option! If you don't use them, I won't let you over!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha I do that when someone is tailgating me. Glad to see it ____es some people off; that means I'm ____ing off the tailgaters when I do that

And AFAIK, the left lane isn't a passing lane. It's just a lane. There's no word or anything on the ground marking it as a "passing" lane.
What state do you live in? lol
Old 08-28-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Pengu56
Hahaha I do that when someone is tailgating me. Glad to see it ____es some people off; that means I'm ____ing off the tailgaters when I do that

And AFAIK, the left lane isn't a passing lane. It's just a lane. There's no word or anything on the ground marking it as a "passing" lane.
Although i'm not sure that it is law, I've always considered the left lane to be a passing lane. I DO know that bottle necking is illegal and that by law, slower traffic must keep right... Although those laws are rarely enforced.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt

Although i'm not sure that it is law, I've always considered the left lane to be a passing lane. I DO know that bottle necking is illegal and that by law, slower traffic must keep right... Although those laws are rarely enforced.
I see signs in PA and on the NJ Turnpike that the left lane is a passing lane. Now if they enforce it is something different.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Check out regulation 21654, subdivision A, for California... The state YOU live in. Slower traffic keeps right.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...le=21650-21664

No, it does not expressly state that the left lane is for passing, but it does state that if you are moving slower than the flow of traffic, you MUST keep right. However, many other states DO enforce a passing left lane law.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And so what speed does this guy want to go on the highway? Probably over the speed limit. He'll deserve the ticket more.

So then what? Keep the left lane empty?
Lol have fun driving on the right side of the road with the big rigs then, my friend.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

And so what speed does this guy want to go on the highway? Probably over the speed limit. He'll deserve the ticket more.

Lol have fun driving on the right side of the road with the big rigs then, my friend.
If there is someone close behind you (maybe riding your ___) and no one right in front of you, yes move your ___ over! You need to learn to use the appropiate lanes when driving so traffic flows smoothly. Or yes, you may get a ticket (even if your going under the speed limit). Also it will keep you safe!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Big rigs should be in the far right... And 2 lane highways are a little more understandable. But if there are 3 or more lanes, the far left should be clear. It really helps to smooth the flow of traffic.

It's not like bottlenecking the fast lane is going to stop the speeder... They'll just pass on the right and endanger the minivan full of kids. A speeding car on the left is far less dangerous than one cuttinin and out on the right. Furthermore, cutting off trucks and slow cars means that they have to brake, and they take longer to recover their speed... This means that the entire flow of traffic and speed is reduced.

If you move, the danger is reduced for everyone... And it is a win win situation. Nothing is gained by blocking the fast lane. It is purely selfish and puts OTHER people at risk. It puts you in JUST as bad a position as the speeder- it means that you have no regard to other people's safety.

Damn the speeders and let them be on their way... Don't make them weave in and out and turn what would have been a 1-2 car accident into a multi-vehicle wreck.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I already know what lane to use, thank you very much. Ticket? Lol sure thing buddy. Who ever said I was going way under the speed limit? A max speed limit is there for a reason. If everyone went the same speed, guess what? We'd have no problems!

When should the left lane EVER be clear? It's a lane for a reason, use it.

I'm not bottlenecking or blocking the fast lane lol, I'm going along my merry way with the flow of traffic at 70-75mph, and someone wants to zoom by going 80+? No thanks, I'll keep my speed. Don't tell me I'm blocking the fast lane and putting other people in danger, because I'm the one driving normally.

Want to try to pass me on the right? Screw you, I'll cut you off so you can't pass me. And THEN I'll brake in front of you.

Furthermore, I already know everything you're telling me. No crap it's dangerous. No crap cutting off cars is dangerous. Your logic is plain common sense.

Don't tell your stuff to me, tell it to those jerks on the road.
I just get back at them when they try to mess with me.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I already know what lane to use, thank you very much. Ticket? Lol sure thing buddy. Who ever said I was going way under the speed limit? A max speed limit is there for a reason. If everyone went the same speed, guess what? We'd have no problems!

When should the left lane EVER be clear? It's a lane for a reason, use it.

I'm not bottlenecking or blocking the fast lane lol, I'm going along my merry way with the flow of traffic at 70-75mph, and someone wants to zoom by going 80+? No thanks, I'll keep my speed. Don't tell me I'm blocking the fast lane and putting other people in danger, because I'm the one driving normally.

Want to try to pass me on the right? Screw you, I'll cut you off so you can't pass me. And THEN I'll brake in front of you.

Furthermore, I already know everything you're telling me. No crap it's dangerous. No crap cutting off cars is dangerous. Your logic is plain common sense.

Don't tell your stuff to me, tell it to those jerks on the road.
I just get back at them when they try to mess with me.
Relax man, don't take it as a personal attack! There's really no use arguing here, as it is all opinion, but my main point is that your actions turn a bad situation into a worse one (speeders blocked in and frustrated, rather than being well out of your way).

Instead of opinions, how about some facts? States with left lane laws usually have a lower highway accident rate than states without them.

In Germany, many roads do not have speed limits (although many do). The left lane law is strictly enforced there, and surprise surprise? Their accident rate and fatality rate is MUCH lower than our American interstate system. Many countries prove time and time again that speeding cars do not always lead to a higher accident rate, but it is rather related more so to the improper flow of traffic and mismatching of speeds.

Fact: speed limits were not imposed for safety reasons. They were introduced nationally during the oil crisis of yesteryear to conserve oil.

Fact: the federal speed limit used to be 55MPH, but has since been raised to 65MPH and even higher if a highway meets certain criteria.

I'm not saying that everyone should drive 100MPH is safe, but that if relative speeds are equal, reaction times remain constant, assuming that that there are no stationary objects.

In agreement with you, however, it is definitely stupid to speed through a group of cars travelling at a much slower speed. Being above the flow speed of traffic is just as dangerous as being below the flow speed. The key concept here is relative speeds.

A car going 45MPH with traffic flow of 65MPH is just as dangerous as a car going 80MPH in the same scenario. Reaction distances may be different, but reaction times are the same.

Another fine example are motorcycles. They really shouldn't try to weave through traffic, but they do. Fact: a crashed motorcycle doesn't help anyone. It would result in a heavy traffic jam, police reports, etc. Why not move a little to make sure that they can easily get through. I do. Although they abbot me, and I shouldn't have to move, I do anyway for the greater good.

I'll end my arguement in saying that you are justified in placing blame in the speeders. But I'd like to argue that you do not help the situation, and you only make it worse.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate people who drive like idiots because they think they're cool or because they try to impress. example, this 30's ish guy driving a 300z today who's trying to be cool by drifting around the corner in our development and then ending up in my front yard. yeah that's great buddy good job

Quick Reply: The drivers that you hate!