Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

The drivers that you hate!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I hate it when drivers roll down their windows and throw their foodstuffs at you.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate when drivers toss their cigarette butts out the window!

Driving down the 15 freeway one night, a guy in a Cadillac did it and it bounced off the ground and blew up on my windshield! (well the embers did)

This is where a sunroof comes in handy...

I pulled in front of him, opened the sunroof, grabbed a handful and tossed out a good $1.25 in quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies!
Old 08-29-2007, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ha that's great. i hope you took off after that!

i hate the whole cigarette thing too or how you can smell the smoke if the guy in front of you is smoking
Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx

Driving down the 15 freeway one night, a guy in a Cadillac did it and it bounced off the ground and blew up on my windshield! (well the embers did)
I agree with that! I had a friend when I lived in SoCal get a ticket for attempted arson when he threw his cigarette out his window during the summer! It was during high fire season in IE.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Originally Posted by Pengu56
I already know what lane to use, thank you very much. Ticket? Lol sure thing buddy. Who ever said I was going way under the speed limit? A max speed limit is there for a reason. If everyone went the same speed, guess what? We'd have no problems!

When should the left lane EVER be clear? It's a lane for a reason, use it.

I'm not bottlenecking or blocking the fast lane lol, I'm going along my merry way with the flow of traffic at 70-75mph, and someone wants to zoom by going 80+? No thanks, I'll keep my speed. Don't tell me I'm blocking the fast lane and putting other people in danger, because I'm the one driving normally.

Want to try to pass me on the right? Screw you, I'll cut you off so you can't pass me. And THEN I'll brake in front of you.

Furthermore, I already know everything you're telling me. No crap it's dangerous. No crap cutting off cars is dangerous. Your logic is plain common sense.

Don't tell your stuff to me, tell it to those jerks on the road.
I just get back at them when they try to mess with me.
Relax man, don't take it as a personal attack! There's really no use arguing here, as it is all opinion, but my main point is that your actions turn a bad situation into a worse one (speeders blocked in and frustrated, rather than being well out of your way).

Instead of opinions, how about some facts? States with left lane laws usually have a lower highway accident rate than states without them.

In Germany, many roads do not have speed limits (although many do). The left lane law is strictly enforced there, and surprise surprise? Their accident rate and fatality rate is MUCH lower than our American interstate system. Many countries prove time and time again that speeding cars do not always lead to a higher accident rate, but it is rather related more so to the improper flow of traffic and mismatching of speeds.

Fact: speed limits were not imposed for safety reasons. They were introduced nationally during the oil crisis of yesteryear to conserve oil.

Fact: the federal speed limit used to be 55MPH, but has since been raised to 65MPH and even higher if a highway meets certain criteria.

I'm not saying that everyone should drive 100MPH is safe, but that if relative speeds are equal, reaction times remain constant, assuming that that there are no stationary objects.

In agreement with you, however, it is definitely stupid to speed through a group of cars travelling at a much slower speed. Being above the flow speed of traffic is just as dangerous as being below the flow speed. The key concept here is relative speeds.

A car going 45MPH with traffic flow of 65MPH is just as dangerous as a car going 80MPH in the same scenario. Reaction distances may be different, but reaction times are the same.

Another fine example are motorcycles. They really shouldn't try to weave through traffic, but they do. Fact: a crashed motorcycle doesn't help anyone. It would result in a heavy traffic jam, police reports, etc. Why not move a little to make sure that they can easily get through. I do. Although they abbot me, and I shouldn't have to move, I do anyway for the greater good.

I'll end my arguement in saying that you are justified in placing blame in the speeders. But I'd like to argue that you do not help the situation, and you only make it worse.
Couldnt have said it any better.

Pengu56 - dont take this as a personal attack, but you have only been driving for 3 years. Ive been driving for over 15. With time comes experience. Simply put, regardless of your feelings on the speed limit, leave the enforcement to the cops. Leave the leftmost lane clear.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

A co-worker who visited Germany was telling my about the Audobahn and they said everyone, and I mean everyone will stay in the far right lane and pass to the left but return back into the right lane. He said if you ever looked in the rear mirror you would see a huge line of cars in the right and random cars pass in the left and go right back in the right.

He went on to say how strict there road laws were and how anyone can report your driving to the cops and you'd loose you license.

I'm not sure how much of it is true but if we made getting a license hard then there would be far less idiots on the road (legally). The people on the road be much more knowledgeable of the laws.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

speed is a small factor in crashes... the majority is the lack of knowledge of the laws. Knowing the laws would help soo much.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Other countries have much stricter lane discipline laws than here in the U.S., or even CA for that matter. And the other factor is enforcement. Cops here in So Cal will hardly ever write that ticket; if you do get pulled over for it, you have a good chance of getting off with a warning.

No wonder people hang out in the left lane, there are no consequences to persuade them not to!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

^^exactly and to be honest you know why they don't issue tickets (for the most part) the fine amount is not worth the paper work. That's why you see cops pulling over speeders rather than people who don't signal or obey lane laws.

I'm speaking in general so for the cops on SL don't get mad at me.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well looks like most of you all have the same opinions and facts that I do about the left lane law, so thanks to everybody for explaining and backing my post and trying to get it through the thick heads of younger inexperienced drivers that think they know it all! I wish the US would enforce the laws like Germany does then people would have a wake up call big time!
Old 08-29-2007, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate the ones that either a) ride your ___ b) drive extremely slow ( like 5-10 under speed limit during lunch rush) and c) ones that you look in your rearview mirror an dthey arent paying attention and you see their face when they freak out and slam on the breaks.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by BigMURR
speed is a small factor in crashes... the majority is the lack of knowledge of the laws. Knowing the laws would help soo much.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that... Speed is still a factor, as I don't want to create an excuse for everyone to speed. But like I said, it's all about relative speeds
Old 08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx

This is where a sunroof comes in handy...

I pulled in front of him, opened the sunroof, grabbed a handful and tossed out a good $1.25 in quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies!
that is hilarious
Old 08-29-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Originally Posted by BigMURR
I wouldn't go so far as to say that... Speed is still a factor, as I don't want to create an excuse for everyone to speed. But like I said, it's all about relative speeds
well yeah your right I mean 70-80mph is generally a good speed but it's technically speeding. I would never condone anyone speeding at 100 or above, even 90 is really really pushing especially sence traffic is about 20mph slower than you.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Drives me crazy whe I see a 90 year old little woman driving 30 under the limit in her Buick she can barely see out of with the little runt poodle on her lap that she's paying more attention to than the f***ing road.

I also hate when people just have to try and make it accross the intersection during rush hour as the light turns red, only to be stuck with their @ss hanging out into the intersection and blocking the other traffic.

Then there's the soccer mom in her minivan trying to calm her evil sh!thead kids throwing a fit in the back seat about what DVD to watch on their flip down, while she's on her cell talking to her husband about what to get for dinner before she takes JR to practice. All the while completely oblivious to whats going on around her, swerving the Caravan between lanes and not realizing when the light turns green.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never said I knew it all, I'm saying if the left lane is there, use it.

At least here in southern CA.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I'm sick and tired of people screaming up on my butt in the HOV lane.

I'm pretty sure there is a difference between HOV and fast lanes. I don't need to move over so people can pass me in the HOV lane. Just because it's the farthest lane on the left, it doesn't make it a passing lane and by God, if I didn't have to stay out of prison for my children, I'd buy a gun and wave it at these jerkoffs.

(can you tell that this happened just recently to me? lol)
Old 08-30-2007, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My peeve is people who get the 'uh-ohs' when they see anything that could be a cop and drop their speed like 30 mph. I get so mad, cause half the time the cop is out of his car writing someone else a ticket. I'm like, "Dude! That poor guy took one for the team! Don't slow down and tarnish his sacrifice!" or "It's not a cop! Just two old folks in a grand marquis!"
Old 08-31-2007, 09:53 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

...Hahaha I do that when someone is tailgating me. Glad to see it ____es some people off; that means I'm ____ing off the tailgaters when I do that
Want to try to pass me on the right? Screw you, I'll cut you off so you can't pass me. And THEN I'll brake in front of you.
Don't tell your stuff to me, tell it to THOSE jerks on the road.
I just get back at them when they try to mess with me.
Oh, THOSE jerks... Yeah. They're usually 18 and don't know any better.
I'm not meaning this as an attack, I just hope you're only blowing smoke because if you drive with this sort of attitude all the time, you'll soon become another road rage statistic. There are too many idiots out there to be trying to "impose your will" on other drivers. All it takes is one moron with a gun.
...because I'm the one driving normally.
If ^ that's normal, I'd hate to see your definition of abnormal.
I never said I knew it all...
You didn't?
Furthermore, I already know everything...
( I know, I kinda took it out of context, but it was too good to pass up!)

As for me, I hate the morons on the road who don't look before they act. Everyone sees them daily, I'm sure. They either enter a busy road without looking or switch lanes without checking to see if someone is beside them. The worst ones actually use their turn signals and then act like it was YOUR fault for not getting the F*** out of their way fast enough!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:48 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate the f-tards on their cell phones and that same jack hole is all over the road while on the cell phone and into the other lane

all i can do is wait for it and pass him

Quick Reply: The drivers that you hate!