Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Driving from Los Angeles to Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Microsoft?

I work there and it's A-W-E-S-O-M-E

But theres a bunch of other companies that I could think of.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice, what do you do at Microsoft?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stuff, super secret Ninja stuff

I mostly surf scion life.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rodc umm yes drove that route many times. few words of advice for the trip.

ok trip time doing about the speed limit is 71/2 hours from LA to sac. but can be done is 5 hours if you have a radar detector and a CB. Cb's are very good to have on these trips. you have two routes to take on this as well you have 99 and i5. 99 is not a good choice do to speed limit changes

then from sac to seattle is about 10 to 12 hours. but can be done in 8 with no problems. you will want to be past this point during non commuter times as they can be a pain at times. but also been so long as i forget how the traffic is

advice on this trip fuel up in redding. why i say this gas is very expensive after redding till you hit ashland Oregon. also with the distance between these two points you get in any wreck traffic you will not have to worry about it. trust me hit this one time was stuck for 6 hours on the highway. it was a nasty wreck with 8 cars and a semi truck. but it was also winter time. at this point you will not have to worry about snow. just the occational person falling asleep at the wheel type wrecks.

after ashland i would say you home free. just before portland you have two routes to take one would be 405 and the other i5. 405 takes you on the outskirts of portland area. but always loaded with cops. i5 puts you throught the heart of portland. but 405 merges back to i5 north of portland and also inside washington state. after thatit is 3 hours to seattle from portland. becareful of what times you hit these. olympia, tacoma, and seattle traffic can be a nightmare. hit these between 10am and 2pm and you fine.

good thing to do would be to make a list of dealerships along the way incase you need something that normal autopart store do not carry. i did this trip in a toyota box van for 3 years back in 92. the list come in handy when needed.

oh bring a camera with a lot of memory chips or film. areas on Oregon and washington have some spectacular views.

like adorian said. lets us know when you coming and come visit a local meet and greet. we have nice people and a lot of scion people.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome, thanks for all the advice!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also do not push youself leave time to be able to get a hotel if needed. don't risk the a wreck. long trips will wear you out big time. leave time to get rest before you meeting. also leave time to see seattle as it is a great place...lol also if you have time portland as well...lol
Old 05-06-2008, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish I had the time for all those things. As of right now, the plan is to leave on Wednesday night and arrive at some point during the day on Thursday. That will leave enough time to get settled and have a good night's sleep on Thursday night. The meeting will take place on Friday morning, and I have to leave pretty much immediately after the meeting because I have to arrive back in L.A. by Saturday night (to get sleep in preparation for working on Sunday). That schedule allows for about 8 hours of slack both ways, so I won't really be pushing myself. Even if I encounter heavy traffic or other problems, I can still expect to arrive with lots of time to spare - just probably not enough time for sightseeing and recreation.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:04 PM
SL Member

i did. it's not fun at all. But if you have some new girls along with, then thats another story.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

the drive isnt that bad. i did it last year to and from San Diego. I got there in a day (within 24hrs) and didnt stop unless it was for gas or a RR break...partly because i dont trust my husband to drive my car.

Good luck!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

have fun and be safe!