Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

.:/ Favorite Celebrities/That You Met? ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I bumped into leelee sobieski... if anybody even remembers her. Literally bumped into her... don't think I was paying attention when I was walking... she was attending Brown University at the time here in RI.

And also hung out with the Pixies... my uncle is good friends with the guitarist. So we got VIP at one of their reunion shows a couple years ago, and then hung out with them after.

Didn't really meet them... but saw a couple of the girls from Danity Kane at the mall one time.

And also met the Farrelly brothers... the guys who made dumb & dumber, something about mary, me myself and irene, etc... they're originally from RI, lived the next town over from where I am. Sometimes they do movie premieres at the local theatre, and film alot of scenes here too so it's cool that they bring it back home occasionally.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

interesting posts, hah.

i've met Fabulous, Sway from MTV,
Kimora Lee Simmons [really tall!], Chancey Billups,
Lil Jon. all from working at a shoe store and the hospitality biz.

would love to meet Brenda Song though, damn!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

George Steinbrenner, just in passing (he was a few yards away with some people). I just shouted out something along the lines of thanks for all you do to keep us winning, and he actually smiled and said thank you.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
The Hoff? Dustin Hoffman?

Edit- David Hasselhoff???
Are you kidding my there's only one Hoff and that's Hasselhoff I mean the hell is Dustin Hoffman anyway??
Old 09-29-2007, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well my father is a TV exec so ive met quite a few people thru the business.

im not gonna drop the list of names, but my personal favorite was ben affleck. Hes a great guy and will do anything to get into a great conversation. He will ask you to come have a seat with him and talk or to come out one day when hes in town for some cheeseburgers or some good hotdogs. He just likes to hang out like everyone else. Not to mention hes a really huge humanitarian. The guy spends a lot of his down time helping to take care of those who are unable to help themselves. Really a great guy.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx
Originally Posted by tC9o9
Originally Posted by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx
you must live in db Ali!
yep, db for life haha , been here to long for real tho.
I used to live in Rowland Hts. I met snoop at the shell station on Brea Cyn Cutoff and the 57 fwy and over in brea at the promenade and he came into speed zone when I worked there.
i live right there, off brea canyon and fallow field.. thats the gas station i go to, seen him once in his 300
Old 09-29-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

too too many.........

jonny lang (blues musician)...New Found Glory was in the mall when I was working at PacSun many years ago so I met them (the lead singer bought shoes from me!!)...linkin park...eve 6...really too many. adam ferrara (the comedian)...and today i saw/met adam pascal & anthony rapp from rent on broadway!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I met Rainn Wilson (Dwight Schrute from The Office) last December in Miami. And on the same day, if you count slapping hands while he was rapping, Ludacris. That same trip, we saw Tito Ortiz and Jenna Jamieson in the lobby of the hotel we stayed at.

When I was 9, I did "The Twist" with Chubby Checker.

We wandered around the Minneapolis airport with The Big Show in the middle of the night, a few years ago. Didn't get enough courage to say "Hi" (well, my husband didn't and kept me from going up to him) though.

Originally Posted by BigMURR
I mean the hell is Dustin Hoffman anyway??
You seriously didn't ask that, did you? lol
Old 10-02-2007, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Robin Williams,and Steve from the Jerry Springer show. They are relatives of mine so they get my vote.

I met Tom Chambers, a$$hole, Cedric Cabalse. Cool dude, Q from west coast customs. snob.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've chatted with billy idol in an elevator for about 2 minutes. he had the penthouse suite, of course. he's a really nice guy. there were groupies, clad in leather, in the lobby until the next morning waiting for him.

my best friend's sister is megeina tovah. she's the geeky blonde girl across the hall from peter parker, in the spiderman movies. she was also in the tv series 'joan of arcadia'. funny thing is... whenever we all went out... people would confuse her brother(my friend) for brendan fraser. we would play that up too... just to get attention, and sometimes free stuff.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tone_xB
interesting posts, hah.

i've met Fabulous, Sway from MTV,
Kimora Lee Simmons [really tall!], Chancey Billups,
Lil Jon. all from working at a shoe store and the hospitality biz.

would love to meet Brenda Song though, damn!
Dude, Kimora Lee........That would be sweet.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've met the whole cast of sopranos because of my valet job. I greeted them as they each got out of their stretch limos

Always was pretty up close to Alicia Keys when she was filming in my school for "The Nanny Diaries"

Heres a pic or 2..

Old 10-05-2007, 11:40 AM
SL Member

jordan from New Found Glory. Erik Estrada from CHiPs.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Worked a Rockstar SuperNova concert up here in Fargo ND, and Tommy Lee asked me if I had any coke after the concert... and then his back up drummer gave me tommy's drum stick
Old 10-13-2007, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i met Mel Gibson and Chris Klein some years back ago when they were filming We Were Soldiers.Some of the menbers form my unit and I were extras in that film that was shot in Ft Hunter Ligget .They are bith realy cool guys.Mel is hilarious.Always craking jokes
Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

I ran into Pauly Shore in an elevator in Vegas. The dude was plastered, but was hillarious. I've also spoken with George Carl (NBA coach), Bill Cartwright (NBA), Steve Young (NFL), and played basketball against Shawn Bradley (NBA). My little bro played ball against LeBron James in the ABCD camp when he was there. Oh yeah, I've sat next to John Stockton, he's a jerk, and Karl Malone at their kids basketball games.

My favorite of all time though was Jason Williams (White Chocolate). I was working valet at PF Changs and he was with Shane Battier waiting for their ride. I sat and talked to those guys for a good 20 mins.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I met Chuck Norris sitting two rows away from me at the first Dallas Stars hockey game they ever played. The dude was an _______ to everyone.

Ran into Bam Margera in Atlantic City a few months back and he was a real cool guy, we ended up chilling with him and a couple of his friends for a few hours in Ceasars.

Have worked out with Trotter, Runyan, and a few other members of the Philadelphia Eagles on more than one occassion and used to talk to Ryan Moates of the Eagles frequently as he lived down the road from my old store and would always come in to shop and hang out (we're both Dallas area boys living in the Philly area).

**** star Jasmine St. Claire is the biggest _____ in the world, and lets people know that she does indeed have more than one masters degree and speaks seven languages fluently and is not shy to let you know she is smarter than you.

The Blue Meanie is cool as hell, used to hang out with him a lot. Got to hang out with Bam Bam Bigelow, Kevin Sullivan, half of the old ECW locker room, Dusty Rhodes, Stan Hansen, Mick Foley, Ric Flair, CM Punk, etc.

I'm not going to count people I just ran into at an autograph signing or a meet and greet.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xlr8tC
people would confuse her brother(my friend) for brendan fraser. we would play that up too... just to get attention, and sometimes free stuff.
I love doing that. For some reason a lot of people keep thinking I'm Jack Osbourne (I don't think I look a thing like him at all) so I've used that to get me and my friends into clubs and have gotten them free drinks doing it.

"The accent is for TV"
Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bam Margera, John Travlolta, Alektra Blue and Jenna Haze.

I <3 Alektra.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i met Al Biffner... he seemed pretty cool

Quick Reply: .:/ Favorite Celebrities/That You Met? ...