Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Flipping the bird while driving?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I have never fipped someone off. Now let me get off my high horse and say that I will be a passive aggressive driver if I feel you are deserving.

Speeding is stupid in my book, but I won't get mad if you speed by me. Not paying attention also bothers me, but if we're honest, we all do it (some more than others) from time to time. The one thing that gets under my skin, the one thing that is totally controllable and completely inapropriate, is tailgating. Everyday thousands upon thousands of people cause accidents because they see the need to ride on someone's butt. Unfortunately in Tucson, you are often forced into a two-lane road with an automotive proctologist. When this happens to me, I respect their position and drive accordingly. Now, the DMV/MVD says that there should be two seconds of space inbetween automobiles. Therefore, if you want to be five feet off my bumper, enjoy your 20mph ride to the next stoplight, hey I'm saving gas for you and making the situation much safer (well, kind of).

So, if you want to speed or give me the bird, hey, I can respect that and drive accordingly, but if you ride my butt, prepare to get your EPA estimated mileage!

Sometimes I wish that cars had magnetic reactors that activated over 15mph so that you HAD to keep a safe distance between yourself and the vehicle ahead of you.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Around here on a highway, it is illegal to drive in the 1st (fast lane) unless you are passing someone.

It is also a courtesy to pull over to the right lane if someone wants to drive faster than you. I always am +5 over the speed limit so don't have to worry about that. But if someone needs to get by me, I always pull over and let them by, rather than make them drive at my speed, I am not the police and if they want to speed, then go for it.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Don't usually flick people off.

Tend to either applaud their stupidity or point at my temple, like use your head.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

I usually find a way to use my rear wiper squirter to somehow squirt them. They sometimes don't even notice, but I think it's funny and makes me forget about everything anyways.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Originally Posted by ilovemytC
Around here on a highway, it is illegal to drive in the 1st (fast lane) unless you are passing someone.

It is also a courtesy to pull over to the right lane if someone wants to drive faster than you. I always am +5 over the speed limit so don't have to worry about that. But if someone needs to get by me, I always pull over and let them by, rather than make them drive at my speed, I am not the police and if they want to speed, then go for it.
I agree. I think there is a reason for a fast lane and I pull over to a slower lane if I can. However, if I'm on a two-lane road, and someone is on my butt, I give my right foot a break.

I don't use the bird and I don't brake check, I just slowly slow my car. It usually works quickly too.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I gave a guy who was riding my a$$ a brake check in the rain one day and he flys up next to me, face red as the background of SL, eyeballs bulging, with his middle finger shuved hard as he could against his passenger side window....it was a sight to see. I started laughing so hard that I was crying.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

been there done that, i learned not to plip people off here in so cal, especially when its a car full of vatos carrying guns, people get to **** around here though, so i just drop it, sometimes give them a full throttle response, or hands in the air in confusion.

but what i dont understand is why they get mad at you when they screw up, they yell/honk at you when they mess up, it really drives me nuts