Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

free xbox 360 games...here's how (i've gotten 14 free games)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default free xbox 360 games...here's how (i've gotten 14 free games)

http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=236035

no this isn't a pyramid get-rich scheme or something, all you do is complete 2 "trial" offers and you get a free 360 game...here's my page on their site to prove it, along with a picture of the first one they sent me:
*updated 2/12* my page:

my package (wow that sounded weird):

the site is ran by trainn http://www.trainn.org/ along with about 20 other sites giving away everything from iphones to dvd recorders

as you can see from the first picture i posted, i completed my first 2 offers in about 30 minutes and spent 1 dollar on a trial membership that i cancelled later that week.

the ONLY thing you have to worry about is cancelling your trials. if anyone is interested, check out my link and ask any questions you might have here. i'm 1 offer away from getting my 6th free game

ps - these offers DO require a credit card. sorry if i made this unclear earlier.

pss - if you're wondering why i got guitar hero so many times, it's worth 90 dollars and i returned 2 to amazon (that's where games ship from) for store credit, kept one, and took one to meijer and got a 94 dollar gift card. but now i'm in it for the free games
Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: So i've gotten 5 free xbox 360 games...here's how.

Originally Posted by Jeremiah_xB
ps - if you're wondering why i got guitar hero so many times, it's worth 90 dollars and i returned 2 to amazon (that's where games ship from) for store credit, kept one, and took one to meijer and got a 94 dollar gift card.
Umm...yeah, that's stealing.
But It's awesome that they sent you a dog!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol that was freedogs.com not free360games.com

lol just kidding

and i wouldn't really say it's "stealing" considering they're going to put it back on the shelf and sell it for the same money they just gave me...if i returned an empty box or a used game then sure it would be "stealing" but this is far from it...imo.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and as a side-note and recommendation, i'd go for the offers that give you free stuff, i got a 20 dollar exxon mobil gift card from one place and a 10 dollar lowes gift card from another for trying them out...each one of them costed me a dollar o_0 and i sold the exxon card on ebay for 19 dollars because we dont' have any exxon's around here...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

yeah, i just dont want to have to deal with the canceling... i dont trust those things...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree, that's why i did something...different...

i have a credit card (charles schwab) that has a "shop safe" program, i can generate new numbers with as high or low of a balance as i'd like...so for the offers i just generate a 10 dollar code, use it, then cancel it after my offer clears on their site. here's the offers i've done that i'd recommend:

Stamps.com - free for first month, 5 dollar credit for their site, 800 number to cancel
At Home Rewards - $1 for week trial, AUTOMATED (no talking to any foreigners, just dial numbers) cancel by 800 number
QuickBooks Quick Start - $4.95 for first month, 800 number to cancel
GreatFun - $1 first week, free $20 gas card, automated 800 number to cancel
Complete Home - $1 first week, free $10 lowe's card, automated 800 number to cancel
Old 10-19-2007, 07:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea I know these things would work, but I don't like to deal with canceling things either. Cool that you got all those free games though haha
Old 10-19-2007, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually the orange box shipped and i just got another 2 offers done so i have to choose another game...decisions, decisions ;)

think i'll grab either call of duty 4 or the 4000 marketplace points...can't decide
Old 10-19-2007, 12:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jeremiah_xB
...i wouldn't really say it's "stealing" considering they're going to put it back on the shelf and sell it for the same money they just gave me...if i returned an empty box or a used game then sure it would be "stealing" but this is far from it...imo.
To take those games to a different store as a "return" is a form of stealing. Even if they re-sell the item for exactly what they gave you, they still loose money in processing. It really doesn't matter what you call it, but it isn't right. Did you tell the Meijers store the truth? I don't want to lecture you on ethics, morals, or integrity, but if you had to lie to those stores or if you could be arrested for doing it, then you shouldn't do it. If that website is sending those games to you, they are yours to keep or sell. You could sell them on ebay or something.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
If that website is sending those games to you, they are yours to keep or sell. You could sell them on ebay or something.
Actually no, if they aren't obtained legally and they give them to you like this website is doing, then they are still not yours because they were someone else's property.

Just as it is illegal to buy a car that was stolen. You're abiding the thief and become an accomplice.

But whatever, stop lecturing.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheRealBen
Actually no, if they aren't obtained legally and they give them to you like this website is doing, then they are still not yours because they were someone else's property.
I didn't realize that he was obtaining the games illegally too. I didn't read his post closely enough to "get the process" he is using. I assumed that part was legit. I guess not.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, I'm never sure if those sites are legal or illegal as well. If they are, then he's getting stolen merch.

If they are legal, then I guess they make their money by a lot of people bidding on the item or something.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These sites have been around for a few years.

There is nothing illegal about them. Can they be scams? Sure...

But how they work is that advertisers pay these companies to get people to sign up for trials of their products. They hope people do one of two things. Don't cancel the trial or like it and continue on.

They then compensate the company (the free xbox game site in this case) who then compensates the consumer. It's cheap marketing for these companies.

Remember the freeipods.com and whatever other iteration was out there?

I did the iPod one and actually received one...

The only problem with the sites is after a while they fold on themselves because too many people don't continue on with the trials.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey... wanna get me orange box for 360? ill send ya some money...

really....
Old 10-19-2007, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol stolen merch, that's funny.

how much would you give me for orange box?

and yes it's legit, to date i've gotten 5 free games from this site, also recieved a free psp, a free ipod (20gig), a free original xbox, and something else but i don't remember...
Old 10-22-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much is shipping? and lets say 15?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

15 bucks for a 60 dollar game? no thanks man. but you could always spend 2 dollars and get it for yourself...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

then whats ur price? not like its costs u that much anyways...
Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol...but that's like saying just because i got something for time instead of money it's worth 75 percent less...i'd really just try it out man. the stamps one is completely free, and it takes 5 minutes to call and cancel, and the at home rewards one costs 1 dollar and takes about 3 minutes to cancel and you dont' even have to talk to anyone on the phone it's all automated, just put in your member number (you'll get it in an e-mail) and cancel
Old 10-23-2007, 06:12 PM
SL Member

awesome stuff OP, i am going to try it out this evening. thanks!

Quick Reply: free xbox 360 games...here's how (i've gotten 14 free games)