Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

gears of war 2!!wow!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by HKSpeed
what did you guys think of the story? i think it left too many unanswered questions.
Did you read everything? A lot of the answers are in the journals. They did leave a lot of it open, but atleast they tried to fill in a lot of blanks that GoW1 left.

But in all seriousness, who gives a ____, Horde mode kicks massive ___.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:50 PM
SL Member

yea i think the game is wasy too short i didnt do the midnight launch but i got it the day it game out and the second day i had it i got close to the end im at the part where Cole and Marucs are riding reavers i havent played it since i havent had time but i hope theres more after it. but this game is sooo much better that the first one and the first one was great as well Epic did a great job and the story is great but i got confused when i got to the queen and the stuff about Marcus' dad and im not online yet but i played to first on online tho. i cant wait to play the horde mode when i do get online. but i just wish it was longer tho thats my only complaint
Old 11-13-2008, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

i got the game at the midnight launch and beat it in 2 days .was doing the kick @$$ horde mode ...me and my buddy got to the 50 its crazy...he got the acivment and i did not wtf?? i was so mad he was like oo got it i was like um were is mine..we even played the co op and beat the game again he got the acivment i did not.. any of you have this problem?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
what did you guys think of the story? i think it left too many unanswered questions.
Did you read everything? A lot of the answers are in the journals. They did leave a lot of it open, but atleast they tried to fill in a lot of blanks that GoW1 left.
i got some of the journal entries during my first play through. do i have to go through it again and look for the rest?

any got the limited edition? is the behind the scenes documentary good?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I told you all this b4 GOW2FTW
Old 11-13-2008, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

i got the le..its ok just shows how the stuf was made..the stages of marcus how it turned into the marcus we see now...the book was kinda cool..it also came with the gold lancer and the 5 bonus maps (old maps redone)im usally not really into the le games but i really liked gow and thought hell im going to get the le this time i feel its a game that deserves its pay check..
Old 11-14-2008, 04:52 AM

But in all seriousness, who gives a flip, Horde mode kicks massive butt.
well there's obviously going to be a third game so it'll answer all the questions then. the story is so much better because the first game absolutely had none.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:22 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by hyperactive

But in all seriousness, who gives a flip, Horde mode kicks massive butt.
well there's obviously going to be a third game so it'll answer all the questions then. the story is so much better because the first game absolutely had none.

yea true that the first games story was laking im glad they stepped the story up i just hope the third game is longer 5 chapters aint enough......

is anyone still shotgun running online?? i read that they were going to put a stop that.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

The games length is perfect. It's not meant to have an insanely long single player that has no replay value. I plan on going thru with some friends on Co-op. Halo 3 was only about 7 hours long and I played thru that a good 8 or 9 times, finding skulls, doing the points thing, etc.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats shotgun running? i havent gone online yet.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

It was in the first one. People just ran up to everyone with the shotgun and it was basically an instant kill. They took that out for the second. The multiplayer in the second one is MUCH better. It's more balanced now.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:20 PM
SL Member

It was in the first one. People just ran up to everyone with the shotgun and it was basically an instant kill. They took that out for the second. The multiplayer in the second one is MUCH better. It's more balanced now.

nice thats good that they did that. im not online with my xbobx yet since i just moved in with my gf. but i played the first one online at my buddies house and it was fun but the shotgun running thing got old and anoying quick. im relly glad they got rid of that.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

its funny ya say that with the shotgun because now everyone is crying about the chain saw ..lol the shotgun was def a issue but come on a chainsaw ...its hella hard for me to come around a corner and chain ya let alone stay alive after doing it..ooo btw this comes from the ones who used to use the shotgun in gow1 ..
Old 11-14-2008, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

EPIC destroyed this game...the first one was better

shotgun on the 2nd sucks and aim is way off from shootin on hip...when someone with with chainsaw is comin at u you cant do anything even if u shoot someone point blank its ____!!

its a chainsaw fest on the 2nd soooooo ____YYYY..

lancer is way to powerful

u only play 2 games within an hour...takes WAY TO LONG!

other then that yes its better then first but those problems dont mak me wanna play the game...i prefer the the first one
Old 11-14-2008, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Sounds to me like you can't stay alive without relying on the cheap shotgun ____ anymore, rofl.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

They've been talking about GOW 3 since the start of GOW 1. Shows not over yet. GCO Pickel, open to all invites, just tell me you are from SL in the friend request.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

haha thats funny just a few seconds ago i posted that all the ones that did the shotgun deal are complaining and he post up to validate for me ....WAY TO GO!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by VIP_CAMO
haha thats funny just a few seconds ago i posted that all the ones that did the shotgun deal are complaining and he post up to validate for me ....WAY TO GO!!!
Yup, it's because he's a noob and relied on that from GOW1. I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of those people who ALWAYS used the crab walk or wall jump glitches.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:39 PM
SL Member

ive heard about the crab walking my friend didnt explain it that well to me he just get to ____ed about that... so what happens with that??
Old 11-14-2008, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by satyrone
ive heard about the crab walking my friend didnt explain it that well to me he just get to ____ed about that... so what happens with that??
It gives you full control of your gun and aiming WHILE crouching to sprint. Basically, you're twice as fast as everyone else.

Quick Reply: gears of war 2!!wow!!