Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Good weight gainer/protien powder that I can buy at GNC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Good weight gainer/protien powder that I can buy at GNC?

What brand do you recommend? I want to gain weight.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just talk to the GNC guy in there, he/she should help you out. Gold standard is a good protein powder, but it's not really for weight gain, just excellent whey protein. Yeah, just go in and ask, hope that helped.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure why you want to buy at GNC - they overcharge on all of their products, but if you insist, check out Optimum Nutritions natural whey:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...8503123&sr=8-1

Excellent high quality protein that is extremely bio-available. I love the vanilla myself, 24grms of protein per serving and it is among the better tasting protein blends. Make sure you are lifting heavy in the gym if you are trying to gain weight, and try to get close to your body weight (in grams) in protein every day (150lbs = 150grms of protein).
Old 12-05-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally ive tried weight gainers and all they do is make you full and not be able to eat anything else....I really wasnt seeing any gains because the drink made me so full i wouldnt eat....

Creatine is a good weight gain, but then again your gaining water weight due to your cells enlarging retaining the water, whcih is why you need to drink a lot of water while using creatine.....

Protien is always good to take, although i neve saw much results from just protien, maybe it helped my recovery time? But any brand is alright for this just look how much Protien your getting per serving and make your judge on which one to pick...

If you really want to get ripped can take supplements like winnie's but im not goign to talk about that on here so.....
Old 12-05-2008, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go to www.bodybuilding.com to buy it... they are the cheapest hands down... when you go to the site it will ask if you want the stor or the forums page (which they call supersite)... to learn more info go to the forums and then buy the product on their store site

I use that site for a lot of help, but havent used a weight gainer...
Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Old 12-05-2008, 07:51 PM
SL Member

x2 lol
Old 12-05-2008, 10:22 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

spend all your money at fast food places
Old 12-05-2008, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i eat fast food everyday for lunch as i'm on the road, and i cant gain weight for the life of me. been at the same weight for yeeeears now.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

When I feel like gaining, I just eat more. When you get full, eat more. Eat until you can still taste the food in your mouth after swallowing.

At the point i'm at now I can eat over 1 and a half tuna (fully loaded) foot longs from subway, and chips, a drink, and a free cookie they always give me.

I could eat two foot longs but I am always afraid i'll push it too far and throw it all up, lol. Then i'd have to spend another 15bux to try again.

But yea... protein, and eat eat eat. Healthy protein foods. The drinks are just like a helper because they have alot of protein for how much space they take up. You still need to stuff your face like every two hours.

Gaining weight is easy and reletively inexpensive... gaining muscle mass is hard and very expensive. Like upward of $500 a month just in food, not including the suplements.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not exactly-creatine helps add weight through water retention the cells of your muscles only (not int the fat) so you gain muscle weight-make sure you hydrate.

Lift smart and progressive with some fairly heavy weights for your size-use big muscle movement exercises (leg presses, squats, bench presses, pull-ups, bent over rows, heavy donkey calf raises) and eat lots of protein and a good protein supplement (that's what the muscles need to rebuild larger and stronger).

Use nutrient dense foods-don't fill up on breads, pop, sugar, chips, crackers-etc.

Eat lots of bananas and yogurt-good stuff for your body and anything either drink or food that is high in anti-oxidants
Old 12-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Banned
SL Member

muscle milk..best taste and gets you real big either way. Fat if you dont work out, muscle if you work out.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yea muscle milk works great. Since i am already big, i been using the Light Muscle Milk and the results are well worth the cost. The light has 44% less calorie and very lil fat with just as much protein. However, if you're underweight you will definately need to get the regular one. Make sure you take 2 servings a day and do plenty of lifting. You also want to eat lots of carbs, oatmeal, and meat. Fiber is just as important as proteins if you want to build muscles. And make sure you eat 4-6 servings a day at the right time. If you want any tips just pm me.

Oh and if you don't like the taste of the muscle milk with plain water, try this mixture: Gett the strawberry flavor and mix with with ice, milk, and apples or banana in a blender. (you could also use a scoop of peanut butter for the extra protein).

Man it tastes soo good, I would choose it over jamba juice any day.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Banned
SL Member

I drink the muscle milk that already comes premade..hmm does anyone see the ad below my comment that talks about AJIPURE amino acids? lol that so weird..it goes with the topic discussed in this thread
Old 12-06-2008, 07:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i dont see any ads...but myspace does the same thing lol.

how much you pay for the premade muscle milk?
Old 12-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Banned
SL Member

not much..stop drinking them cause I got fat off them..lol I started drinking them when I fractured my foot cause I thought it would help the healing but it didnt not to my knowledge. You can get 24 for like 20 bucks at Sams or Coscos. Or like 5 at Dominicks. GNC is a rip off if you compare there prices to other places. Oh yea lol I feel like im only talkin to you in all the threads lol
Old 12-06-2008, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hahah looks like all the other kids are sleeping. I always thought the premade muscle milk would cost more...24 servings for 20$ is actually a pretty good price.

do they taste any good?
Old 12-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Banned
SL Member

heck yea just like a milk shake..vanalla banana something haha I still got a couple left but wont drink them cause they probably expired and they got me fat as heck. Gained like 20 pounds doing nothing. Oh yea they taste awesome when cold horrible when warm.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SVicksTC
Personally ive tried weight gainers and all they do is make you full and not be able to eat anything else....I really wasnt seeing any gains because the drink made me so full i wouldnt eat....
you're supposed to take weight gainer on top of meals. it's not a meal replacement.

just be sure to intake a lot of calories and protein. but not junk food.
you want healthy calories; unless you're trying to get FAT.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMO EAS and Muscletech make the best stuff and you can get deals on EAS just about anywhere-even wal-mart had ti for a while.

Quick Reply: Good weight gainer/protien powder that I can buy at GNC?