Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Graduation Gifts

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Default Graduation Gifts

The goal of this post is to get graduation gift ideas in the $20-30 range.

I graduated high school and I remember getting all sorts of things from money, odd books, a clutch (that's like a strapless/handless purse, I believe) and... well, I forget really. That is my only experience with graduation gift giving and quite frankly, I can't trust my family's etiquette and follow in their example.

Sooooo... any ideas? Do you remember what kind of gifts you got when you graduated? For poops and laughter, what was the coolest thing you got and how much money did you make?
Old 06-09-2007, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i made about $500 but by far the coolest thing (and what i have hanging in my room still) was one of those little bean bag smiley faces from walmart with "05 graduate" or something to that affect on it...
Old 06-09-2007, 04:33 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got my a brand new bicycle for around 250 i think but that was like 9 years ago and i still got it
Old 06-09-2007, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont know about cheaper gifts, because I don't know the person you are talking about. What are His/Hers interests?

When I graduated, I had a big party. My best friend bought me a gamecube (hey, it was 4 years ago this month) and a couple games, and I really like the Simpsons, so my friends bought me a bunch of simpsons stuff, like this 12" tall Singing, Dancing Homer. Its awesome I keep it next to my monitor at home. A krusty the clown bobblehead, which is where I got me SL name from. And I got like $1,000 in cash, about $400 from my parents, and that bought my first car.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't remember getting much of anything, but then I'm not greedy and my family and friends know that and know I don't mind if they don't get me anything, so I don't really care.

There is a high school near by that spends over $15,000 each year for their project graduation gifts.

LCD TV's, GPS, SIRIUS, CAMERAS, PHONES...

My school gave away disposable cameras for our project graduation.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, if they are going on to school maybe something practical they can use in their dorm.
If they are moving out and starting their first job--a little cash would be nice.
And if they are gonna just hang at their parents home for a couple years while "deciding what path to take"... guess it's too expensive to get them a life so no thoughts there.

Seriously, when my daughter graduated last year, some friends/relatives gave her "cute little gifts"; some gave her cash. But seems most of the gifts were cash, and what teen can't use some of that? Just wrap it up in a letter or card to keep it personel.

As for my grad gifts... I rec'd a fishing pole & couple tapes ( the bands "New England" & "Off Broadway" ).. seems also they were 8-track. So taking into account where I came from--that was about it. But i didn't knock those tapes--as long as you put a book of matches underneath to avoid double-tracking... they rocked!