Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Happy St. Patrick's day to all...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Happy St. Patrick's day to all...

I just wanted to wish a happy St. Patty's day to everyone.
I've met some really cool people thru this site, and have been inspired to do some funky mods because of posts I've seen here.
Thank you scionlife.com for existing.
Thank you to everyone who posts on here without being a bee-otch.
Thank you to everyone who posts on here while being a bee-otch.
Thank you to the moderators for letting me know when I break the rules, and always being nice about it.
Thank you to Scion Evolution.
Thank you to the Scikotiks.
Thank you to those weird xA guys at the rite aid in La Mirada for inviting me to join team...(don't remember now)?
Thank you to the TCM xB on South street in Cerritos for trying to run me off the road with my infant daughter in the back seat.
Thank you to all.
So get your freak on this friday. Get your green on. Get your drink on, and don't drink and drive. I hope everyone has the kind of night that makes them wake up in a pool of sick, feel embarassed when they remember it, and vow to never drink again.
(I mean this in the nicest possible way).

I hope everyone has a safe and happy night. God bless.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Isn't St Patrick's day on Friday??
Old 03-15-2006, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So get your freak on this friday.
Yes, it's friday. I don't think it's bad to post it on wednesday. I may not be on here again before monday.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah....
Old 03-15-2006, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Slainte evilone.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

going to be a sweet night
Old 03-16-2006, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A very happy Saint Patrick's Day to you all! It never fails to amaze me that this small country could offer the world such a huge event. Cities everywhere will be teaming with Irish parades and events, dancing and singing and all that goes with it! ENJOY!

THE LIFE OF SAINT PATRICK
=========================

The Patron Saint of Ireland was born into either a Scottish or English family in the fourth century. He was captured as a teenager by Niall of the Nine Hostages who was to become a King of all Ireland.

He was sold into slavery in Ireland and put to work as a shepherd. He worked in terrible conditions for six years drawing comfort in the Christian faith that so many of his people had abandoned under Roman rule.

Patrick had a dream that encouraged him to flee his captivity and to head South where a ship was to be waiting for him. He traveled over 200 miles from his Northern captivity to Wexford town where, sure enough, a ship was waiting to enable his escape.

Upon arrival in England he was captured by brigands and returned to slavery. He escaped after two months and spent the next seven years traveling Europe seeking his destiny.

During this time he furthered his education and studied Christianity in the Lerin Monastery in France. He returned to England as a priest.
Again a dream greatly influenced him when he became convinced that the Irish people were calling out to him to return to the land of his servitude.

He went to the Monastery in Auxerre where it was decided that a mission should be sent to Ireland. Patrick was not selected for this task to his great disappointment. The monk that was selected was called Paladius, but he died before he could reach Ireland and a second mission was decided upon.

Patrick was made a Bishop by Pope Celestine in the year 432 and, together with a small band of followers, he traveled to Ireland to commence the conversion.

Patrick confronted the most powerful man in Ireland, Laoghaire, The High King of Tara, as he knew that if he could gain his support then he would be safe to spread the word throughout Ireland. To get his attention Patrick and his followers lit a huge fire to mark the commencement of Spring. Tradition had it that no fire was to be lit until the King's fire was complete, but Patrick defied this rule and courted the confrontation with the King.

The King rushed into action and traveled with the intention of making war on the holy delegation.
Patrick calmed the King and with quiet composure impressed upon him that he had no intention other than that of spreading the word of the Gospel.
The King accepted the missionary, much to the dismay of the Druids who feared for their own power and position in the face of this new threat.
They commanded that he make snow fall. Patrick declined to do so stating that this was God's work. Immediately it began to snow, only stopping when Patrick blessed himself.

Still trying to convince the King of his religion Patrick grasped at some Shamrock growing on the ground. He explained that there was but one stem on the plant, but three branches of the leaf, representing the Blessed Trinity. The King was impressed with his sincerity and granted him permission to spread the word of his faith, although he did not convert to Christianity himself.

Patrick and his followers were free to spread their faith throughout Ireland and did so to great effect. He drove paganism (symbolised by the snake) from the lands of Eireann.

Patrick was tempted by the Devil whilst on a pilgrimage at Croagh Patrick. For his refusal to be tempted, God rewarded him with a wish. Patrick asked that the Irish be spared the horror of Judgment Day and that he himself be allowed to judge his flock. Thus, the legend that Ireland will disappear under a sea of water seven years before the final judgment, was born.

Patrick died on March 17th in the year 461 at the age of 76. It is not known for sure where his remains were laid although Downpatrick in County Down in the North of Ireland is thought to be his final resting place.

His influence is still felt to this day as Nations the world over commemorate him on March 17th of every year.

http://www.ireland-information.com
Old 03-16-2006, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

GAELIC PHRASES OF THE MONTH
===========================

PHRASE: Beannachtai na Feile Padraig
PRONOUNCED: bann/ockt/tee nih fail/eh pawd/rig
MEANING: Happy Saint Patrick's Day

PHRASE: Siochan leat
PRONOUNCED: shee/oh/con lat