Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Help with Fraud charges to my bank. No Limit Web BV?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Default Help with Fraud charges to my bank. No Limit Web BV?

Hey I need some help from anyone who can, haha.

I was looking at my bank statement earlier, and to make a huge story short, someone stole my checkcard and made a purchase in NIJMEGEN, Netherlands for $61.65 for what is labeled on my statement as "No Limit Web BV"

I tried researching this, and I think I found out that the BV is Blue Voda (type of web design platform?) and i've come to the conclusion that somehow someone in the Netherlands took my checkcard (? How do people do this?) and wanted to build a website with it.

I canceled the debit card they used so now the information they have is useless. (They used it as Credit because all they probably have is my checkcard number, or so the BOA guy said)

I guess i'm just looking for some explanations as to how this is done, and more specifically if anyone has any more info on maybe the specific company of No Limit Web?

All I can say is, this sucks. Makes me want to bury every person I think is peeking when I use my ATM card to make purchases.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It can be done many ways:

Most likly is you made an online purchase somewhere "not-so-secure" and te webiste was a comprimised one and your info was either intercepted during the transaction or after the transaction.

Theres always the small chance it was a randomly generated thing that ended up with you.

There could also have been a few other things, but are very unlikly.

Once your info is obtained, it can be directly used or it can be sold on a black market. Thousands of identidys and personal information accounts are sold on blackmarkets daily. If you know your way around mIRC, its not hard to find it.

As to words of the wise, spend the 10 bucks and get credit monitoring and some amount of insurance for identidy theft.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

i too had a fraud charge from my bank of america credit card, i got everything back though.. i called the fraud department and they called continental airlines where the guy named Germosen bought an airline ticket plus hotel charges on my CC.. flight from dominican republic here to us was booked and flight will be in like in 3 hrs when I called, security was arranged in airport and i dont know what happened from then.. haha just a piece of my story but it sure sucks to have things like this happens sometimes
Old 05-16-2008, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Yea I guess I might have to take this a bit more seriously.

The debit card they used, I haven't touched in about 6 months. My girlfriend had someone steal her credit card info about a year ago and they bought $250 worth of stuff from some furniture store online.

I just wanted to post this up here for some amount of answer and that helped a bit, so if nothing more I hope people see this and buckle down on how to keep themselves protected.

I guess i'll look into that LifeLock? Hmm

Ace83, that was lucky what happened there. I hope that guy got his **** handed to him. I asked the BOA guy how I could possibly get the info on the person who did this, but once I make a claim, it's their policy to refund me, then go after the guy for their money. I don't get any sort of information on him.

Lifelock is only 9 bucks a month, i'm going to enroll but i'm going to wait a bit to see how this ordeal pans out. I'm pretty scared to use my debit card even though it's a different one.

Sucks indeed.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

omg. this has been happening to me lately. first someone purchased something in kentucky for $2.56 at some bean place and wells fargo caught it and called me. they changed my card number and i asked them how someone would get this information and they said that there are many ways for this to happen.

one way would be people working at restaurants. they can write down your information and all they need really is the expiration, csv code on back, and card number.

and recently, someone was able to use my paypal to buy a $600 camera and luckily the seller didn't ship to the unconfirmed address. so now my bank account has been overdrawn like 12 times with fees of $34.00 each. plus $5 everyday my account is negative. man i hate this fraud stuff but it goes to show what people will do just to get money in our bad economical state.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had fraud earlier this year on my BOA card too...

really weird stuff...the stuff the person that was using my card bought were useless stuff like 87sienna shocks... did the sienna even existed lol.... and even weirder the stuff get sent to my house...

i don't want to bash BOA but it seems like all the fraud are on BOA accounts....
Old 05-16-2008, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

bao ftl
chase ftw.

they call me everytime theres a huge transaction on my card just to make sure it was me.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned
SL Member

Sucks to hear that happened man. This same thing happened to me while I was in my last year in the military in Germany. I just got my direct deposit check that day of $3000. The next day I check my bank account on base (Ramstein) and it says my amount is $75. Needless to say somehow someone withdrew $2925 in Transylvania, Romania the day before. Finally got the money back to me, but it took about 3 weeks.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

fraud sucks. i've got all my stuff reversed without too much trouble though, if you've been a good customer up to that point they generally don't give you any trouble about it, they just know this stuff happens.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he bought smthg from these guys:
http://www.nolimitweb.nl/
Old 05-17-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Phlame217
It can be done many ways:

Most likly is you made an online purchase somewhere "not-so-secure" and te webiste was a comprimised one and your info was either intercepted during the transaction or after the transaction.
Agreed 73492740x

I had someone use my CC for an unauthorized transaction maybe 2 months ago. They bought something in Euros. Weird. I got everything back, but man, what a hassle.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fraud sucks. Happened to me two times so far. First time some guy bought two laptops from HSN. Luckily I was returning something online with that credit card so I called them up to see if my card was credit back and they told me about the HSN thing. Got my money back.

But heres the funny bit. Lap tops were shipped to my house, the night they were shipped a UPS guy came in said that "the owner of the house wanted them to be shipped to his other house". Which was kind of an odd thing to say since my parents own the house. Anyway i said "No these packages were paid for with my credit card so they're staying here" and closed the door. Guy started pounding on the door and yelling, then he jetted like 30 seconds later. Tried to get the truck number but didn't get it in the dark.

Second time it was actually intercepted when I bought my FTL from Oznium. I don't remember how much it was. I got the little "theres some unusual behavior and your credit card..." call. Checked it out and sure enough it was used. I got my money back with that one too.