Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Help me out WalkAmerica

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Help me out WalkAmerica

On May 6th Sunday, I will be participating in March Of Dimes WalkAmerica in honor of my daughter Cassidy.

Cassidy was born a month premature and spent a month in the NICU. It was the worst month of my life watching my daugher lay there fighting for her life with tubes and wires everywhere. Just a little over a a month after she got out of the NICU I ran across the WalkAmerica website. I signed up and completed a 6 mile walk and raised close to 500 dollars. Let me tell you, just giving birth and walking 6 miles was hard. But I kept telling myself I was doing it in honor of Cassidy. When I crossed that finish line I felt wonderful about myself and the accomplishment.

So once again, I am doing the walk for my daughter and other babies born premature.. Please support my fundraising efforts by sponsoring me in WalkAmerica today! Contributing to my walk online is fast, easy and secure. You can donate directly from my personal webpage with a credit/debit card or PayPal. If you prefer, I can also accept cash or check. Just click the appropriate box on my webpage.

The money we raise helps save premature and sick babies. Premature birth is the #1 cause of newborn death and the biggest threat to babies’ health today, and through WalkAmerica, the March of Dimes is funding important research to find out why premature birth happens and what can be done to prevent it.

My personal webpage is.. http://www.walkamerica.org/Cassidys_Mom

Thank you to those who have contacted me already
Old 03-09-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

come on people.. this is a great cause..