Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Here's to the parents...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Here's to the parents...

...I was sitting in a restaurant today. Right across from me was a little kid crying, and the parent trying to make the little boy feel better. I was thinking "shutupppppp"....but then it hit me...that was ME a decade and a half ago.......and my mom and dad were like that....trying to help me, and im sure people around me were like "shut up you puta"

So here's a special post commemorating our parents, and the parents that are scionlife. If you are a parent here, let us know a little bit about your son/daughter. Share whatever you want about them. Remember, this post is for YOU!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Isn't it funny how when you are sitting around in a restaurant and kid is screaming? You just sit there like...."damn shut that kit up!" But most likely a lot of us were like that as children as well. Sometime we forget where we came from!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:32 PM
s2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oooh man. My parents were NOT like that at all. If I was making a scene in restaraunt, they'd take me into the restroom and 'dicipline' me.

I thank them for that.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol in my day parents would move you away from the table smack my but a few times and tell me to hush up or your really going to get it when we get home.

now a days you do that and people will call child abuse. lol funny how we have come to this.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:07 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its sad ppl don't beat their kids more offten
Old 05-16-2008, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by ibnboxin
now a days you do that and people will call child abuse. lol funny how we have come to this.
even more sadder when its the kid calling CPS on their own parents. Now and days (like im old), kids have no respect for their parents and others around them. Parents are afraid to do anything because someone around them might get involved with it. its amazing what this world is comming to. I swear its a complete 180* from when i remember things. Alot more of a simpler place back then.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Geez...wait until yous are parents I have a 2 yr old and a 7 yr old....the answer isn't beat your kids....there a lot of other ways first...and trust me... I know what I am doing..
Old 05-16-2008, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by duck_dodgers_24_5
its sad ppl don't beat their kids more offten
I hear that. It's funny how people discipline their kids nowadays. You're grounded. Wtf is that. I get to stay in my room and not do shiet all day? Yea that's a whole lot worse than having a huge welt on my a$$ from a size 36.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I got smacked in the mouth or b00ty if i started to throw tantrums.

I understand if inconsiderate parents take small kids late at night to the restaurant or movies and the poor kids start crying cos they are tired and don't want to be there.

But when kids start wailing an yelling because they want candy or a new toy or anything that doesn't involve them being hurt in any way, then sorry i will not be "understanding".

Most of the time, it's the parents fault.

I never got up from the table when i was a kid, I most certainly did not wail because of a new toy. If I did it, so can every other kid who is properly brought up by their parents.

Example: If I didn't eat my veggies or meat/fish at night, I got to eat it at breakfast, if I didn't have it at breakfast I'd find it on my plate at lunch...and so forth.

Candy! Hah! it was a luxury for halloween.

To those parent that properly bring up their kids to be well behaved in public mostly:
Old 05-16-2008, 12:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by s2
If I was making a scene in restaraunt, they'd take me into the restroom and 'dicipline' me.

I thank them for that.
Amen, brother!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

I am sorry however most of the people here need to go out shopping today to try to procure a clue.....When you have children who have ADHD, Aspergers, or other pervasive developement disorders it is not the kids fault many times...so lets beat the kids yeah good choice...kinda like when you see someone on crutches walking to slow in fornt of you it is ok to take the crutches away and beat them with it....ok I am done on this thread have at it ........
Old 05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
I never got up from the table when i was a kid
That was like THE quickest way to get hit when I was a kid. I still cringe whenever I see other kids do it. Of course as many have said, now days, a lot of parents just let their kids run loose. What better way to raise a non-bothersome kid than letting them do whatever they want?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
I am sorry however most of the people here need to go out shopping today to try to procure a clue.....When you have children who have ADHD, Aspergers, or other pervasive developement disorders it is not the kids fault many times...so lets beat the kids yeah good choice...
Oh give me a break. I used to work in a pharmacy and I can tell you that Ritalin (Methylphenidate) and other similar drugs used to treat ADHD are the most over-prescribed drugs in America. Here's how it typically goes: Mom and Dad have a kid who they think is hyper (show me a normal kid who isn't) because he gets into trouble. Instead of actually disciplining the kid with a good smack on the butt, they try all the panzy-@ssed stuff like "time outs". When that doesn't work *shock*, then they automatically assume that there must be something medically wrong with the kid. So they cart him off to the doctor who is only too happy to write him a prescription for a drug he DOESN'T NEED. I'm not saying that there aren't kids who have a legitimate need for the medication, but it's probably about 1/5th of the the number who are currently getting it.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
I am sorry however most of the people here need to go out shopping today to try to procure a clue.....When you have children who have ADHD, Aspergers, or other pervasive developement disorders it is not the kids fault many times...so lets beat the kids yeah good choice...
Oh give me a break. I used to work in a pharmacy and I can tell you that Ritalin (Methylphenidate) and other similar drugs used to treat ADHD are the most over-prescribed drugs in America. Here's how it typically goes: Mom and Dad have a kid who they think is hyper (show me a normal kid who isn't) because he gets into trouble. Instead of actually disciplining the kid with a good smack on the butt, they try all the panzy-@ssed stuff like "time outs". When that doesn't work *shock*, then they automatically assume that there must be something medically wrong with the kid. So they cart him off to the doctor who is only too happy to write him a prescription for a drug he DOESN'T NEED. I'm not saying that there aren't kids who have a legitimate need for the medication, but it's probably about 1/5th of the the number who are currently getting it.
Finally another enlightened one. I whole-heartedly agree!
Old 05-16-2008, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by goingcarcrazy
Originally Posted by matt_a
Finally another enlightened one. I whole-heartedly agree!
I still see it every day cuz i work at one now lol. It is fuggin messed up how many people get it. You have to figure that atleast 1/3 of them don't really need it. Like my friend, who got it prescribed by his doctor just because he was a dumba$$ on some test. Srsly, i'm not saying go and beat them up where they're crippled but atleast show some physical discipline so they know that you're the authority.