Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

How to calculate your TDEE to reach your fitness goals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2024, 07:11 AM
SL Member

Default How to calculate your TDEE to reach your fitness goals?

Hi everyone! I have been thinking about my diet and exercise routine. I hear the term TDEE a lot but I don’t really understand what it is. I know it has to do with total energy expenditure but how do I calculate it correctly? Can anyone explain how it works? I want to know how to use TDEE to lose weight and gain muscle mass. I have heard that there are calculators for this but I am not sure which ones are reliable. If anyone uses a TDEE calculator, I would love to hear your experience!
Old 09-30-2024, 11:29 AM
SL Member

I can help with this. TDEE, or total daily energy expenditure, is really important for managing your diet and exercise. To calculate your TDEE, you can use online calculators. I personally use tdee calculator most accurate. You need to enter some details like your age, gender, weight, height and activity level. This calculator will give you personalized data. I used it when I wanted to lose weight and it really helped me understand how many calories I should be consuming. If you want to gain muscle mass, the calculator will also tell you how many calories you need to do that.
Old 09-30-2024, 12:07 PM

I agree with you! Calculators are very useful. I have used the TDEE calculator too and the results were accurate. The key is to be honest when entering the data. If you enter the information incorrectly, the results can be confusing.