Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

How do you feel about section 8 housing, and the like.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Originally Posted by foxtrot685
i think alot of it is because they no longer make affordable houses. so to those people who do have section 8 feel that the only way to get a decent house is to cheat to get ahead. lets face it, alot of those crappy apartments that you all say section 8 should go to arent the best places to live let alone raise kids if you want them to have GOOD values. sometimes those families are crazy and irresponsible by bringing so many kids into the world and knowing they dont have finances to support them, but i think those families that are honestly trying to make a way, and that way is cheating, shouldnt stop what they are doing until they are forced to stop. so what the family is ghetto? should they be forced to live in a drug high crime area when they have kids to raise? absolutely not! i feel a little different about the families or couples who are just lazy, but my heart bleeds for those familieswho are ghetto, but are honestly trying, but have kids to raise and need a break

yeah the ghetto old apartments aren't a good place to live but i have to live there cause I can't get into a home......
and i do understand where youre coming from, its not fair.
me personally i'd be glad to c a family whos honestly trying to make it get the better house while i live in my ghetto. id rather be exposed to the stuff that goes along with living there than a single mom with 3 kids. hell, id be super glad! lol
Old 03-01-2007, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah i understand what you mean. but i'm still getting screwed paying 600-1200 for a crappy 1-2 bedroom apt while they can get into a house for less than that.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Default Re: How do you feel about section 8 housing, and the like.

Originally Posted by seattledave
Personally, I'm totally against home ownership for people that can't afford it.
So shall I assume you think they should live on the streets or shelters?

Innocent children. People whom might of been laid off. People who are handicapped. People whom have disabilities. People whom aren't employable for whatever reason. Elderly. The widowed. A single mother/father who's spouse left them with the children. The teenage girl who had a child. The list goes on and on.

Near the end of that list, you'll find your welfare/Section 8 abusers.

Lets just file this as "seattledave narrow minded and/or stupid comment #55" on ScionLife.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: How do you feel about section 8 housing, and the like.

Originally Posted by Jenna
Originally Posted by seattledave
Personally, I'm totally against home ownership for people that can't afford it.
So shall I assume you think they should live on the streets or shelters?

Innocent children. People whom might of been laid off. People who are handicapped. People whom have disabilities. People whom aren't employable for whatever reason. Elderly. The widowed. A single mother/father who's spouse left them with the children. The teenage girl who had a child. The list goes on and on.

Near the end of that list, you'll find your welfare/Section 8 abusers.

Lets just file this as "seattledave narrow minded and/or stupid comment #55" on ScionLife.
please, you live in stanwood, far away from city living and section 8 housing. I've lived next door to section 8ers at 3 places in Seatac & Tukwila. I'm sure you can check it out, but out of your list I met only a few like that, mostly it's the alcoholics, the lazy, the drug addicts, the woman with 3 kids from 4 different daddies, who just keeps ******* (that last kid they're not sure if it's leroy's or samson's).

I got 2 jobs, work 75 hours or so a week. I get 1 in 14 days off. Most everyone i know complain about 1 job. Do i like to work 2 jobs, HELLL NO. Do I feel physically able to do it? Yeah, as much as you and everyone else. If these section 8 people got 2 jobs, they would not qualify for welfare and section 8 because they'd make too much money. get 2 crappy jobs if one doesn't cut it. end of story.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

your two jobs can't be that bad. you're on scionlife almost all day long! lol

you can be against home ownership for people that cannot afford it yet still be for them in cheapened apartments.

I say give them all old apartments for cheap and build new cheap homes for mid level income buyers.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The sooner you learn this, the sooner you'll either get over it, or do something about it: There is no help for the middle class. You make too much to get help, but don't make enough to not need it. This is true with taxes and student loans as well.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
your two jobs can't be that bad. you're on scionlife almost all day long! lol

you can be against home ownership for people that cannot afford it yet still be for them in cheapened apartments.

I say give them all old apartments for cheap and build new cheap homes for mid level income buyers.
yeah, i design catalogs/websites and have 2 computers sitting in front of me to screw around on during the day. job #2 is manual labor in the evenings/weekends.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

oh trust me I know this. ha ha . it stopped me from getting some grants .