Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

To Howard Stern fans with Serious....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by surfcity40
we get san fran, oakland, san diego, seattle.
I wish I could see Raider games...

Back on track, I just spent 3 bills on a Siruis receiver specifically to listen to Howard. Merry xMas to me... He's the only thing I really listen to on terrestrial radio anyway and then I go to CD. Now with 50 hours of recording space, I'll be listening to nothing but Howard. I don't think it is accurate to assume his new show will just be a continuation of the old show but with cussing. He has been funny for years DESPITE the blockades and restrictions thrown at him. Removing those changes everything, IMO.

With a fanbase of 18 million, conservatively speaking, there is a huge potential for Sirius to tap into. And it is a rabidly loyal group too. Look at how fast his books sold and how his movie did on opening weekend and just look at how much buzz this has created in the industry. For someone who's been around so long, he continues to be at the forefront both in listenership and innovation.

The scramble going on to replace him is also a great indicator of his relevance to the industry. There's David Lee Roth in New York and some eastern markets, Adam Carolla in LA and a whole mess of unknowns and money-saving cuts and changes in other regions. Our local market is replacing him with some generic morning jocks that sound like they will mostly be playing music. Their big pitch is "half the commercials" which tells me there will be fewer advertisers because nobody will care to listen.

It already costs the satellite companies almost $100 per new customer added. Think of the $$ they probably saved in that sense from the loyal listeners that didn't need to be swayed by other ads. They never once advertised on his show but got so much publicity even tho he wouldn't even say their name, he would call it "Uhh Uh Uh". Combine that with the flood of news coverage and they probably didn't do too bad signing him. Just wait until the show gets going. I bet there will be another huge surge as people start wondering what they are missing and more buzz is created.

Remember the scene from Private Parts:

The average morning show listener listens for 20 minutes. The average Stern listener listens for 1 and a 1/2 hour a day.

Pig Virus: "How can that be?"

Biggest reason given - "I want to hear what he's going to say next."
The average Stern hater, get this, listens for 2 and a 1/2 hours!

Pig Virus: BUT if they HATE him why do they listen?

Biggest reason given - "I want to hear what he's going to say next."

Don't you want to hear what he's going to say next? I know I do...
Old 12-30-2005, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good points here i got it cause of the line up ..im meen shesh ...foot ball,hockey,howard and all that rock music is great.BUZZSAW ROCKS!!!