Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

i got pulled over.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default i got pulled over.

so tonight im comeing home from the highschool football game on a ____ty road following about 4 cars in the front and back of me and so i start manuveuring to miss the potholes comeing down the hit then make it to the bottom to where i come to a red light. i got thru the red light following the white explorer infront of me and come to another light. i precede to follow the explorer in front of me and decide to leave it in first cause i was coming up to another red light. at this time my rpms were up to about 4.5 or 5 grand. i start to slow down where i see lights flash on so i precede to pull into a parking lot.

i get there and have the spot light right in my mirror so it blinds me and then he sits next to my car for i dont know how long until one of my friends notices him. the cop asks me to get out of my car and to walk toward him. at this point its ovibus im not drunk or have had any alchol consumpution thourghout the whole night. he then asks me if i have any drugs or weapons in my pockets and i say no sir. so he says is it alright if i search you i say no sir and he says put your hands on the car. he searches me and the says i pulled you over for reckless driving and will give you a 500 dollar ticket and have your car towed. i asked how i was reckless driving and he said i was swerveing and going to fast. at this point i was so nervous i had no idea what was going on and told him sir i dont know what your talking about as i did not at the time. he says dont play stupid and says hes gonna have my car towed but first hes search it for drugs and alchol and i say go ahead. after a 15 minutes wait he finally give me all my information back and tealls me im free to go.

when i get in my car i call my father to tell him what just happened and he then calls the police department (he does all radio work for them) and talks to the cop who explains that i was speeding and he pulled me over cause my car was suspicous and looked like a drug dealers car. which i wasnt speeding and following 2 cars infront and many behind who were all going the same speed even if we were speeding. he then precedes to tell my father that the blue underdash lights were illegal and i was lucky not to get a ticket for those. so my father gets a completely different story thean he told me and my dad thinks im lying to him so he yells at me for about 20 minutes when i get home and now have no car for a week.

wtf?
Old 09-01-2007, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The drug dealers in your neck of the woods must be pretty sorry if they drive tC's. Sorry about the loss of your car. At least you did not get a ticket.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Man that sucks!! The underdash lights are from Scion right?? If so, then they're not illegal. If they were illegal why would Scion be selling them??
Old 09-01-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no there oznium but thats exactly what i said if scion sells them how can they be illegal
Old 09-01-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

that's BS!!! sorry to hear about your loss. and the onesthat usually are you ahve to be able to see the tubes, have them in your view or them flashing. that is the way they are illegal. and how is a tC a drug dealer's car? drug dealers in my area drive high riding caddy's, escalades, lincolns on 20"+ chrome.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

taa i know and there not in veiw from outside the car he saw them when he walked up to my car cause i forgot to turn them off

and i have them tucked underneath the dash and on the passanger side i cut a hole in the plastic piece so they wouldnt get kicked. there not able to be seen from outside the car and are hidden extremely well
Old 09-01-2007, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so he says is it alright if i search you i say no sir and he says put your hands on the car
you are completely in your right to refuse a search, unless he decides to arrest you. I would contact a representative at the ACLU to ask them what can be done about these sort of gestapo tactics. The wreckless driving charge was a simple b/s charge and it's the only arrestable traffic infraction. But that's what he was going to use in case he did find anything.

The blue lights are illegal in most cases.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like a load of b/s to me, i would try to contact someone else on tis matter, but yes even neons under the dash are ILLEGAL, sorry to tell you, and if they are really being a real A-hole they will give you a ticket, it doesnt matter and they dont really care if they are factory or not, believe me i get this question all the time, if they can sell it to me how can it be illegal?, simple fact is it just is and if you read any of the packaging or websites you buy this stuff from say that its for offroad and show use only, because to them its unnessasary and ornimental lighting, but they will only bother us for it, they never pull over the truck that have 200 extra running lights or big offroad lights on them, believe me ive seen it, and ive asked a few police that i know, its just crap that they single us out over it