Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: what do you think about the illegal immigration problem?
they should continue to come illegally
3.16%
stop it now and put up a wall
33.54%
send them all back
32.28%
allow more illegals
2.53%
give them a temporary visa status
22.15%
I don't care
6.33%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration Reform

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Immigration Reform

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-23073-protests.html

The illegal immigration problem is a real issue with americans.
Most demand action by the government.
What do you think? Vote and comment below:
Old 03-27-2006, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally, I think illegal immigrants are exactly that ILLEGAL!
They should apply to get here legally just like millions of others have been doing. There is a process and they should follow it.
If we keep allowing an open border, our southern border is just that, we won't have a UNITED states. We will be speaking spanish and some southwestern states might think about seceeding. I don't see any other country allowing that, so I dont see why we should.
Sure, we are a nation of immigrants, but the uncontrolled and undocumented masses cannot be continued to be allowed in especially in these times of national security problems.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i guess i shouldnt really have a problem with them coming here. i certainly understand why. but its illegal and it causes problems like over population in the U.S. and the fact they dont learn english once they come here, they dont pay taxes IMO they should pay more than people who are legal citizens. some of them get welfare which my taxes pay for, thats bullsh*t. but other than that i think there stupid for coming here because all of the jobs are being sent elsewere like their home country or India my old Grand AM was assembled in mexico or canada.
so i say build a wall pay them to build it and take out taxes. make it 25 feet high and 30 feet deep(no tunnels) put sniper towers every 100 meters and let them shoot to kill. then give the ones who helped build the wall citizenship and lock the rest of them out. if they want in, they have to do what everyone else does prove they can contribute to our society. and go through the proper legal channels.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what bothers me is that there are so many illegal immigrants who are staying here in america and just dont do anything... i am an immigrant myself and i understand why they want to get here... to live the american dream... but what is wrong about their perception of this"american dream" is that they think, once they get here, all will be well... well its not!!! what happens most often is that "illegals", instead of finding ways to legalize their stay here, they don't do anything and sometimes, even demand more from the government than those who really have the rights to demand such as us the taxpayers!!!
i cannot deny the fact that i know sone people who are staying here the US out of status, but i salute them because they have in themselves the means to find ways to legalize their stay here in the US by finding employers that could sponsor them to work here and apply for a workers permit (H1B visa), pay for INS fees, pay for lawyers fee... plus, they entered the states legally but as a tourist... be aware that there are two kinds of illegal aliens in the US... one is the UNDOCUMENTED (boarder crossers/jumpshippers) and DOCUMENTED (tourists who overstayed and eventually wnating to work and legalize their stay)... in my opinion, DOCUMENTED aliens who just overstayed be given the opportunity to work legally than those UNDOCUMENTED ones... so my case is that they give out temporary work visa ONLY to those who came and entered the US with travel documents (overstaying tourists) and who have the skills to do work....
lastly, before the US approves any visa petition, PLEASE require the applicants to LEARN HOW TO READ, WRITE, and most importantly, SPEAK in ENGLISH!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by fotd710
i guess i shouldnt really have a problem with them coming here. i certainly understand why. but its illegal and it causes problems like over population in the U.S. and the fact they dont learn english once they come here, they dont pay taxes IMO they should pay more than people who are legal ciizens. some of them get welfare which my taxes pay for, thats bullsh*t. but other than that i think there stupid for coming here because all of the jobs are being sent elsewere like their home country or India my old Grand AM was assembled in mexico or canada.
so i say build a wall pay them to build it and take out taxes. make it 25 feet high and 30 feet deep(no tunnels) put sniper towers every 100 meters and let them shoot to kill. then give the ones who helped build the wall citizenship and lock the rest of them out. if they want in, they have to do what everyone else does prove they can contribute to our society. and go through the proper legal channels.

you need to read a little bit more about inmigrants
they pay taxes (TIN) temporal identification number
i live in city with 85% of illegal inmigrants i have hundreds of friends i never see those guys living from wellfare
those guys work for 6.75 x hour in the fields(strawberry,peach,apple,etc.) 12 hours a day then you can buy those products cheap

to finish i want to see that day when all those people return to theirs countries and then you can take their place on the jobs that nobody want to do for minimun wage.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Things can be more serious than what people think.
The illegals and some legals numbers are so big that they want to boycott businesses and do a work stopage.
Furthermore, the mexican government has allowed dual citizenship which means once here legally they have the right to vote in both countries and influence US politics and election outcomes again in BOTH countries. You would have a foreign country messing with US internal affairs and interests!!!!
The huge numbers of illegals, some 12 million, wanting legalization will change america for ever. Throw in the language factor and a refusal by some to assimilate and learn english and you have a VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM!
What do you think will happen if the hispanic numbers approach 70% + in some of our southwestern states?. Areas like southern California, New Mexico and Texas are very close or over that number! Secession down the road won't be out of the question! We might as well take out the UNITED out of the United States!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the us in in serious trouble... we need to stop this war... we need to stop immigration... and we need to fix our own domestic problems! we cant continue helping others util our own probles are taken care of... we have bad education. serious economic issues and a bad unemployment rate... just toname a few...
Old 03-28-2006, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i find it funny that everyone says we should keep the illegals out, well unless your native american, you can get the f-out too, idiots. there is an issue with there being a large majority of people who are illegal, and if they dont contribute to society i totally understand, as it effects me too. my old man came here illegally and busted his ___ off, he became a US citizen years ago, and if there would have been a law like this he would have never had the chance to be here, and i would never be here. also understand that in allot of central american countries a visa to the us is very hard to get, in allot of cases it requires a really good lawyer and a bribe or two. (my uncle is one of the top lawyers in el salvador) some people just dont have the funds for it. in the end this is a very complicated problem, and a solution like "build a wall" for some reason dosnt seem like the answer
Old 03-28-2006, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Telling someone to get the *uck out because they are not native american is just as idiotic. Many "white" americans have been here for over 500 years so they have as much claim as anyone.
Who was here first is irrelavant. Good luck trying to find a pure Indian. The US census has them at 1% if that, and that includes the ones that state that their grandfather was a blond, blue eyed Indian or 1/16 Indian. Same goes for some Mexicans that think that the southwest is theirs...
Old 03-28-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not only are they criminals, but they dare protest waving Mexican flags! Of course they are aided and abetted by Mexican governmental policies and officials, not to mention our very own home grown loony left. Maybe we shouldn't make them feel so welcome!

Old 03-28-2006, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

my point exactly, this country has people from everywere, so why try to block all of them out all fo a sudden. the economy is so much diff. with the presence of illigal immigrants that work for scraps, most not even min. wage. shutting the borders down and making them all criminals would send our economy into hell, i am speaking of course of the areas that depend heavily on the illegal immigrant workforce. it would eventually effect everyone, prices would soar for everything. i dont have the answer i just think there is a way better solution somewere
Old 03-28-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Illegal immigrants should be deported. If they want rights, why don't they earn them like every other immigrant has to do. Easy for me to say because I was born here, but what everyone forgets to talk about is that these illegal immigrants are legal elsewhere. If they can't play by our rules and they don't want to play by their own countries' rules, then they need to try and change their country. There are resources there. They have rules there. Why not follow the rules they're born to? The U.S. isn't a free ride. I work my @$$ off every day and pay taxes. I work with people that are legal immigrants, and they facilitate their families to illegally earn money here. And I'm not talking about minimum wage here. One of them added it up for me the other day(I think mostly to brag) and it was over $350,000 a year that his family (all illegal but him) were siphoning out of our economy, tax free. While I work my butt off for a morsel in comparison and pay taxes for his illegal immigrant family to go to the doctor, prescriptions(he doesn't pay a cent for his diabetes meds at over $300 a month), or if they need it, groceries. Yes, since these people are illegal, the government sees them as poor, because they have no income, right. So, on top of it all, we give these people welfare. Some days it's all I can do to not kill some of my co-workers.

END RANT
Old 03-28-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by latinotke639
my point exactly, this country has people from everywere, so why try to block all of them out all fo a sudden. the economy is so much diff. with the presence of illigal immigrants that work for scraps, most not even min. wage. shutting the borders down and making them all criminals would send our economy into hell, i am speaking of course of the areas that depend heavily on the illegal immigrant workforce. it would eventually effect everyone, prices would soar for everything. i dont have the answer i just think there is a way better solution somewere
Wetbacks in my area get $10 - $16 per hour for manual labor. The left's "Big Lie" would have you believe they work for scraps. Teenagers can't get part-time or summer jobs. If these criminals were all deported then maybe a large number of our citizens would have to give up Oprah, crack and welfare checks and actually have to go to work.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if they want to legalize their stay, work their ___ off and try applying for the necessary dosuments they need... i find it so unfair that people who came across the border isnt doing anything by themsleved to legalize their stay and thus demanding equal rights og us legal resident s... but how come there are so many others who comes here are working their ___ off to pay for their lawyers and the necessary INS fees to legalize their stay... they dont demand that america grant them their pardon, but instead, they go through the same process that the law states...
Old 03-28-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Illegal is ILLEGAL....period. There is no kinda illegal, sorta illegal...we are a nation of law, NOT men, so it is ILLEGAL.

There are legal ways to get into this country....use this route.

There are legal ways to get money and illegal ways to get money. Why do we not allow bank robbing? Because it is ILLEGAL? Well, a bank robber will spend the money he has stolen, and that will boost the local economy where he spends it, so others will benefit....he has children he has to feed, he will work very hard to steal it....planning for months, working late, taking no coffee breaks, weekends....BS

As millions of Mexican Illegals come across our borders, the communities then trend towards their way of life, not ours. We do NOT want to be like Mexico, do we?

Mexico certainly patrols their SOUTHERN border and shuts it down tight. Why is that OK, yet they don't want to allow the United States the same right?

This who process is called a LIE.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by smokeydog001
Originally Posted by latinotke639
Wetbacks in my area get $10 - $16 per hour for manual labor. The left's "Big Lie" would have you believe they work for scraps. Teenagers can't get part-time or summer jobs. If these criminals were all deported then maybe a large number of our citizens would have to give up Oprah, crack and welfare checks and actually have to go to work.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

correct... thats why i dont like border crossers.. if they want to go here apply for a visa then when they get here, try their luck of getting a workers permit and go through the process just like what the others are doing... thus i rest my case on those people who entered the states legally by being tourists and then finding some work who will sponsor them...
Old 03-28-2006, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I think that they should be sent back and have to go through the proper legal channels to be allowed here..
Old 03-28-2006, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Default CAN OF WORMS

I live in Tucson Az.and we are 45 mins from the border,We are all Immagrants but our gandparents and great gramdparents did it the LEGAL WAY..........they did not come here DEMANDING their rights were being violated ,they worked their ___'es off and made a home for themselves and their families !!!!!!

Whats happening in America today is not what our forefathers had in mind.
Living in Tucson we deal with this problem everyday ,try getting into a health clinic or an emergency room if you get sick it's a 6 to 10 hour wait and the first thing they want is your Insurance card (unless your a wetback they dont need one) or they come here a few days before their child is born and then he or she is a legal citizen of the US...
Or my homeowners and auto insurance is higher than anyhwere in the US because of my zip code and the fact that 80% of the Illegals dont carry insurance and we pay more in state taxes and auto license fee's because we have to pay for roads they drive on and dont pay taxes, yes a stated above some of them pay taxes but that is a very small percentage (VERY SMALL)

If we went down to Mexico and demanded rights and drove down there with out insurance we would be thrown in jail and forgoten until we came up with enough money to satisfy whoever arrested us !!!!!!!!!!!

You all probably think I'm a racist but nothing could be further from the truth I am married to a Spanish woman who's family (many years ago ) came here from Spain and Mexico but they did it LEGALLY !!!! and my second wife was from Obregon ,Mexico and was here legally prior to marrying me.
I am also a Christian and believe we are all created equally, BUT I am an American who's ____ed off !!!!! at our politicians they are all a bunch of liberal pussies (even the one I voted for) and if they dont get off their asses and fix this country we are all in big trouble Legal or Not!!!!!
If I dont obey the LAWS I will get locked up and punished as the law states,if they dont we fly them home or a bus ride and then they are back in a few weeks...........more wasted TAXES

Anyone who has fought for this country and all the freedoms we have understands that freedom is not free and citizenship has it's costs
SO PAY YOUR DUES AND DO IT LEGALLY OR SHUT UP AND GO HOME!!!!
WINGSASEAGLES
Old 03-28-2006, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: CAN OF WORMS

Originally Posted by wingsaseagles

Whats happening in America today is not what our forefathers had in mind.
Living in Tucson we deal with this problem everyday ,try getting into a health clinic or an emergency room if you get sick it's a 6 to 10 hour wait and the first thing they want is your Insurance card (unless your a wetback they dont need one) or they come here a few days before their child is born and then he or she is a legal citizen of the US...

You all probably think I'm a racist but nothing could be further from the truth I am married to a Spanish woman who's family (many years ago ) came here from Spain and Mexico but they did it LEGALLY !!!! and my second wife was from Obregon ,Mexico and was here legally prior to marrying me.
I am also a Christian and believe we are all created equally, BUT I am an American who's ____ed off !!!!!
I'm not one to judge but....

If you even have to say that someone may think your racist, your already showing concern for the things you say and how someone could see that as being racist. Maybe it's just me but to use the word wetback which is clearly established as a racist comment, says alot about your character. Then you turn around and say your married to a Spanish woman and had a previous wife from Mexico. How did they feel about you using that term?

If that wasn't bad enough, you called yourself a christian and went on to use words like liberal pussies, and asses.....would you say that is christ-like?

Again I'm not here to judge, that's not my job. However, if you don't want to look like a racist and a hypocrite, then maybe you should think about some of the things your saying.

Quick Reply: Immigration Reform