Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: what do you think about the illegal immigration problem?
they should continue to come illegally
3.16%
stop it now and put up a wall
33.54%
send them all back
32.28%
allow more illegals
2.53%
give them a temporary visa status
22.15%
I don't care
6.33%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration Reform

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh the drama... for the record i am white, and i live in hick-town wyoming, and my fiancee is mexican (and legal) and proud of her roots, and we supported the rallies. im sorry, i forgot, when you come to this country, you must stop being proud of your roots, and praise the almighty U.S.A
Old 05-14-2006, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If your fiancee is legal then she is an AMERICAN. What exactly were you rallying FOR? Or were you one of the majority of the rallyers who had NO CLUE? Are you a proponent of illegal immigration? And YES, when you choose to make this country your home because it is a much better choice than the hole you come from, you should get on board, assimilate, and become american in every way. What is she so proud of her country for? Wasn't good enough for her to stay............
Old 05-14-2006, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A Mexican drinks his beer and suddenly throws his glass in the air, pulls out his pistol and shoots the glass into pieces. He says, "In Mexico our glasses are so cheap we don't need to drink from the same glass twice."

An Iraqi, obviously impressed by this, drinks his beer, throws his glass into the air, pulls out his AK-47 and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, "In Iraq we have so much sand to make glasses that we don't need to drink out of the same glass twice either."

The Kentucky boy, cool as a cucumber, downs his beer, throws his glass into the air, pulls out his gun and shoots the Mexican and the Iraqi, and catches his glass. He says, "In America we have so many illegal Mexicans and Arabs that we don't have to drink with the same ones twice."

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i was talking yesterday with one of my co-worker ( vietnam veteran) about the illegal inmigration and i ask him why some "americans" are against illegal reform and he said this:

most people who are against the inmigration is all the bunch of loser that never do nothing in life, the ones who are looking to blame their problems in other reason (inmigration, gas prices, war, weather)
the loser that never get education (they blame on illegal too)
the loser that don't own a house or a nice car
the loser that instead to prepare themselfs to get a better life quality and better job they expect that united states president fix their problems

those people are the ones that expend 3 hours or more
sitting in a computer writting s%%hit blaming other people
they need to go out and take the illegal jobs places fields, restaurant , cannery, maintance, construccion

that why they are afraid of illegals they know this people came to work and not to be a social parasite like some of you.
------------------------------------------------------
after that i was thinking that he has reason most of the "american" people that i know they want everything in the hands
Old 05-14-2006, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Looks like your 3 hours spent sitting at the computer could be better used learning how to SPELL! And I see by your illustrious post that you are one of the group who has NO CLUE. Do you support ILLEGAL immigration? If so, you need to look up the word parasite, then go take a look in the mirror. Immigration is fine, it's the Americn way, but illegal immigration is, well, ILLEGAL! Do you have a broad disregard for ALL our laws, or just for the self-serving ones you think it's OK to break? You are defending a retarded point that, by defination, can't logically be defended. And all those jobs you think no American could do, somehow got done before Pedro and Maria hopped the fence. You're trying to rationalize ILLEGAL behavior, and that kind of begs the question; Who'se really the loser? (that does happen to be the correct spelling of "loser"if you wanna write that one down)
Old 05-15-2006, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

What exactly does being proud of your roots and illegal immigration have to do with eachother?

Your wife soon to be is mexican and proud of her heritage.. Grreeeaaaattt. Really.

She is proud of her mexican heritage and not proud to be american is what you are saying?

Because no one is saying its wrong to be proud of where you came from.
What IS wrong. Is your wife immigrated and got her citizenship legally (Maybe she didn't even immigrate and then it really loses any kind of association with this, Because race creed and color has nothing to do with immigration, in the US when you immigrate legally they don't say "Your black, go home! Your brown.. you can stay at a limited capacity")

IF* your wife truly did "Immigrate" and did it legally. Then she knows exactly what people have to do to be legal. And I Personally know legal immigrants that don't want illegal immigrants here as much as I do.
Because now Illegal immigrants want citizenship. For all the wrong reasons. And it makes the ones that get thier citizenship legally lose face.
My mother immigrated legally. I was born in another country and came over with her. My mother got her citizenship and learned to speak english.

It makes her efforts and every other legal immigrant's efforts futile if the illegal immigrants can enjoy the same rights and privlages because they can jump a fence.

If you people don't see that then you are truly blind.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

oh yah! With the guy that quoted a vietnam veteran.

Now go up to the vietnam veteran and ask him how many illegal aliens fought along side of him in the war?
Old 05-16-2006, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmyT
My mother immigrated legally. I was born in another country and came over with her. My mother got her citizenship and learned to speak english.

It makes her efforts and every other legal immigrant's efforts futile if the illegal immigrants can enjoy the same rights and privlages because they can jump a fence.

If you people don't see that then you are truly blind.
I salute your mom for having the courage and strength to do the right thing.

ALL of the immigrants that I know (who have all come here legally) are truly upset about this situation - and they should know it the best!!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is a problem that should have been dealt with many years ago. Why is this a problem now? It's not like 11 million illegal immigrants just appeared here out of thin air. Now that the media is making a big deal about it, it's suddenly an issue on the forefront of everything else that's wrong with our government.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This guy plainly sums up how I felt about Jorge Ws speech yesterday and about illegals:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-27267.html
Old 05-16-2006, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its about time someone from the government make the statement that learning english is key to being in the US.
im tired of all the _____footing around about the issue, im glad the military is going down there, its about damn time. We are one of the only countries in the world that does not have a militarized border. time to get some snipers with barretts every 2 miles and let them take care of business.
fine, the ones that are here they are here.......
register them as guest workers, and dont allow any more in.
we have enough illegals willing to work the crap jobs nobody wants, and in reality there probably are already too many.
do the math: hypothetically there are already 15million illegals stateside, and i know ther is not 15 million low paying crop picking jobs so we have a surplus of labor.

lets get the military on the southern border with full section 18 rights or Posse Comitatus and let them deal with it.

trust me we dont need anymore illegals for the purpose of lowpaying jobs, and they aren't really willing to assimilate into our culture or learn our language.

time to lock it down.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Calm down, North Korea. We're dealing with 2 thousand miles of border here. You think we have the resources and the will to militarize those 2 thousand miles? They're going to get in, somehow. We may be able to reduce the number of immigrants coming in, but we will never stop it completely. Not without an enormous cost nobody wants to foot the bill for.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:42 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A blog entry from the day of "The Big Walkout"...

http://www.tijil.org/blog/?p=20
Old 05-18-2006, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BSP_5c10n
Calm down, North Korea. We're dealing with 2 thousand miles of border here. You think we have the resources and the will to militarize those 2 thousand miles? They're going to get in, somehow. We may be able to reduce the number of immigrants coming in, but we will never stop it completely. Not without an enormous cost nobody wants to foot the bill for.

north korea, that is funny.......
Old 05-18-2006, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BSP_5c10n
Afghanistan = 647,500 sq km (647500 kilometer = 402337.846973674 miles)
Iraq = 437,072 sq km (437072 kilometer = 271583.949733556 mile)

673920 sq miles is currently underneath (effectively) American martial law in the Middle East.

As of March 31, 2006, over $251 billion has been allocated by the US Congress for the Iraqi war, as well as the war in Afghanistan.

Two thousand miles, all in a line? Pfft........ that should be easy AND cheap, comapred to policing Iraq and Afghanistan.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Tomas

It would really be quite simple to secure our border if someone had enough sack to implement a plan that would curb illegal immigration in short order. You could merely position snipers at 2 mile intervals with Barret 50-cal. rifles and a case or two of ammo. Inform Pedro and Maria that playtime is over and our borders are not to be breached ( alive at least) and publicise the first few examples. The influx would be over in 1 week tops! Many other countries use this method and don't have this problem.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

^^
While I agree.
That is a bit extreme and doesn't promote a peaceful neighborly relationship.
While I am sure the US has nothing to fear in terms of military strength from Mexico. Its probably something best avoided.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 things:
First, they wouldn't be comming over here if it wasn't so easy to find work. If employers were policed and severely punished for hiring illegals, the practice would stop. As it is now, the workers are just rounded up, sent back, and the employers are told, "hey, try not to be so obvious next time".

Second, who do you think is going to be building the fence?
Old 05-18-2006, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott17
Originally Posted by Tomas

It would really be quite simple to secure our border if someone had enough sack to implement a plan that would curb illegal immigration in short order. You could merely position snipers at 2 mile intervals with Barret 50-cal. rifles and a case or two of ammo. Inform Pedro and Maria that playtime is over and our borders are not to be breached ( alive at least) and publicise the first few examples. The influx would be over in 1 week tops! Many other countries use this method and don't have this problem.

There are other countries that use this meathod, and I'm trying to think of one example....it seems like its a country thats pretty close to us too. What country could it be? Oh yeh I remember now......IT'S MEXICO! Thats right its ok to stop people coming South into Mexico by any means, but when it comes to the Mexicans coming into America its all of a sudden a violation of peoples rights. Can someone please tell me how this is not hypocritical or at least make sense of it for me.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Mexico loves illegal immigration.

Mexicans sneak up to the US, get better paying jobs. and then skip back to mexico and spend thier newly earned money.

The snipers aren't there as a deterant. They are there for when they see a mexican citizen walking accross instead of running.
They put a well placed shot just behind them to motivate them to RUN thier **** accross.

Quick Reply: Immigration Reform