Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: what do you think about the illegal immigration problem?
they should continue to come illegally
3.16%
stop it now and put up a wall
33.54%
send them all back
32.28%
allow more illegals
2.53%
give them a temporary visa status
22.15%
I don't care
6.33%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration Reform

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If all you are worried about is what we call a criminal who wades across a river to steal services from the American taxpayer being "racism," then this country deserves to be overun by a third world country!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

considering my family is a bunch of farmers, and we rely on cheap labor to pick the crops, i think a guest worker program is ok, or the costs of produce could skyrocket 80% or more.
I think the word illegal is the operative word in the phrase illegal immigrant, and thus they should be treated as such, they know its illegal, so they should have to pay the price, but one thing I dont want is a our prision systems overloaded with illegals who now get 3 free meals, and a roof over thier head at more tax payer expense. so unless those caught are shipped of to GITMO, what would you do with thousands of new "felons"?

What gets me is that they are here illegally, they use our services, and then demand to be treated like everyone else, but won't learn english.
We have major issues in californias central valley with lllegals who think its every mans birthright to drive, but dont follow the laws of the road, they run red lights and stop signs and frequently kill those in crossing traffic, why? because they cant read the sign they dont know what the sign means, they dont have licences, or insurnace.

they demand helath care, they demand fair housing laws apply to them, and they demand welfare in the off season when their crops they are working in are out of season, instead of getting another job, they sit thier 4 monthes collecting wellfare.

dont get me wrong, some are contributing members of society, and some become somthing other then cheap farm labor that is great, but dont expect to sneak accross the border and soak up the services.

that is why a documented guest worker program works, it allows them to be here for the season they are working, then they go home........

what also kills me is they want the right to vote for the elections in mexico, while they are living here illegally.

the other thing that kills me is that most if not everything now has spanish written below the english, LEARN ENGLISH, if i moved to Germany, i would be expected to learn german right?

so basically they want to pollute our society with thier culture and demand that we as americans conform to thier needs........

so make illegal immigrants felons, send them to desert work camps or sentance them to 10 years labor in the fields, if they want to work here so bad, make them........
Old 03-28-2006, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW< in tucson are the farmers and ranchers still using ex military to patrol there property?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I pretty much agree with Kilo6_one.

I'm from Las Vegas, my wife is from San Diego, and my brother married a woman straight outta Mexico so I'm not new to the immigrant world. I don't want to lump everyone in the same category, but I'm really getting tired of those that abuse the system, and our society conforming to the Spanish language. I see a dozen examples of abuse a day, and don't think our tax dollars should be spent on immigrants.

I would not mind seeing a patrolled wall go up one bit. Otherwise, we'll soon be supporting the civilians of two very large countries...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Here's wat I say, I say if you wanna come over come legally then you have to become a US citizen. If you come illegally you should be punished for it. Get the word illegal?? That means punishable by law!! This has gotten really out of hand especially @ my school we went on lockdown just b4 lunch today. There was an attempted walkout yesterday and another today but it was crazier today. I wonder if they really know what they are protesting for.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Id like to see a wall go up as well, i dont see terrorism as an issue as seeing the last several attempts came from canada anyways, but I am tired of seeing a contract that is 4 pages long becasue they have spanish intermingled. you dont see any other races demanding the concessions the mexicans are, you have hundreds of thousands of japanese who were interned during WW2 and never asked for reperations, but you have the the workers that were of mexican decent demanding reperatations because they were forced to pick crops during WW1 and WW2........all i hears is alot of whining and demanding comming from them. and what is funny is that even if they were given these concessions they would want more.......

if you give a mouse a peice of cheese......................
Old 03-29-2006, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is why Mexico is unable to win any summer Olympic events.......any Mexicans that can run, jump and swim are HERE!

Old 03-29-2006, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Default Re: CAN OF WORMS

Originally Posted by Chillaxin206
Originally Posted by wingsaseagles

Whats happening in America today is not what our forefathers had in mind.
Living in Tucson we deal with this problem everyday ,try getting into a health clinic or an emergency room if you get sick it's a 6 to 10 hour wait and the first thing they want is your Insurance card (unless your a wetback they dont need one) or they come here a few days before their child is born and then he or she is a legal citizen of the US...

You all probably think I'm a racist but nothing could be further from the truth I am married to a Spanish woman who's family (many years ago ) came here from Spain and Mexico but they did it LEGALLY !!!! and my second wife was from Obregon ,Mexico and was here legally prior to marrying me.
I am also a Christian and believe we are all created equally, BUT I am an American who's ____ed off !!!!!
I'm not one to judge but....

If you even have to say that someone may think your racist, your already showing concern for the things you say and how someone could see that as being racist. Maybe it's just me but to use the word wetback which is clearly established as a racist comment, says alot about your character. Then you turn around and say your married to a Spanish woman and had a previous wife from Mexico. How did they feel about you using that term?

If that wasn't bad enough, you called yourself a christian and went on to use words like liberal pussies, and asses.....would you say that is christ-like?

Again I'm not here to judge, that's not my job. However, if you don't want to look like a racist and a hypocrite, then maybe you should think about some of the things your saying.
So stop judging !!!!
My current wife as well as my second wife have used that "WORD" , they to are fed up with the abuse of our good natured society and liberal politicians ,I guess I should have called them spineless left wing liberal bleeding hearts instead of P*%&^^$
But I am tired of working my butt off to support others !!!!! wether they be illegal or not.................

"ANNOY A LIBERAL " GET A JOB , WORK HARD, BE SUCCESSFUL AND HAPPY !!!
ITS THE AMERICAN WAY !!!!!!
And if someone doesnt like then GET OUT !!!!!!!
wings
Old 03-29-2006, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's lame that people are protesting. I think its lame that illegals come in and set up shop and take jobs away from US citizens, but i think its cool that they want to come to america and all but i mean come on. Im half spanish so i feel kinda ____ed that my grandparents went threw the proper steps and became US citizens, and then people think they can come over here and not take any steps to be apart of our country, learn what little history our country has, and then not even try and learn english, but think its ok for them to take jobs away from people that actually give a sh!# about the US and being a citizen and then talk sh@% about people getting upset over it. Thats what ive got I'll shut up now and listen to what other people have to say
Old 03-29-2006, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PERHAPS THIS WILL CHANGE READERS' MINDS, PLEASE READ

Is Mexico reconquering
U.S. southwest?
Illegal immigration fueling aims of Hispanic radicals

-------------------------------------------------------------------
By Art Moore
© WorldNetDaily.com

A radical Hispanic movement's dream to retake the southwestern United States is becoming a reality with the aid of Mexican and U.S. policies, according to some immigration watchers.

A massive influx of illegal immigrants is "importing poverty" and growing an ethnic community with greater loyalty to Mexico than the U.S., maintains Glenn Spencer, president of a non profit american citizens group
"Unless this is shut down within two years, I believe that it will be irreversible, and that it will most certainly lead to a breakup of the United States," Spencer told WorldNetDaily. "I don't think there is any doubt about it."

A breakaway of U.S. states is a distinct possibility, according to prominent Chicano activist and University of California at Riverside professor Armando Navarro. In an interview with WorldNetDaily, Navarro would not answer directly whether he shared separatist aspirations, but said that if demographic and social trends continue, secession is inevitable.

"If in 50 years most of our people are subordinated, powerless, exploited and impoverished, then I will say to you that there are all kinds of possibilities for movements to develop like the ones that we've witnessed in the last few years all over the world, from Yugoslavia to Chechnya," Navarro said.

"A secessionist movement is not something that you can put away and say it is never going to happen in the United States," he continued. "Time and history change."

In a 1995 speech to Chicano activists, Navarro said demographic trends are leading to "a transfer of power" to the ethnic Mexican community in the Southwest. He notes that most studies show that within the next 20 to 30 years Latinos will comprise more than 50 percent of the population of California. This fact, and other cultural and social developments, are opening the door for "self-determination" and even "the idea of an Aztlan," he said in his speech.

Aztlan, the mythical birthplace of the Aztecs, is regarded in Chicano folklore as an area that includes California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and parts of Colorado and Texas. Spencer believes the aim is to create a sovereign state, "Republica del Norte," the Republic of the North, that would combine the American Southwest with the northern Mexican states and eventually merge with Mexico.

"I see that as the overarching goal of the Mexican government and many Mexicans who want self-determination," Spencer said.

'America's Palestinians'

On its website, a group called "La Voz de Aztlan," the Voice of Aztlan, identifies Mexicans in the U.S. as "America's Palestinians." Many Mexicans see themselves as part of a transnational ethnic group known as "La Raza," the race. A May editorial on the website, with a dateline of Los Angeles, Alta California, declares that "both La Raza and the Palestinians have been displaced by invaders that have utilized military means to conquer and occupy our territories."

But the threat of secession is not merely from groups that might be considered on the fringe, Spencer insists, noting the declarations of Mexican leaders, up to the highest office. Former Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo said in a 1997 speech in Chicago to the "National Council of La Raza, a Hispanic advocacy group, that he "proudly affirmed that the Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders and that Mexican migrants are an important – a very important – part of this."

Zedillo said that because of this fact his government proposed a constitutional amendment that allows Mexican citizens to hold dual citizenship. Spencer believes that the objective is to enable Mexicans in the United States to vote in the interest of Mexico.

Ultimately, many Mexicans hope for a "reconquista," a reconquest of territory lost when Mexico signed the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo at the end of the Mexican-American War.

"One could argue that while Mexico lost the war in 1848, it will probably win it in the 21st century, in terms of the numbers," Navarro told WorldNetDaily. "But that is not a reality based on what Mexico does, it's based on what this country does."

Spencer argues that misguided U.S. policies and lax enforcement have allowed a steady stream of 1 million illegal immigrants a year to enter the country. Demographers agree that instead of integrating into a "melting pot," new Hispanic immigrants, both legal and illegal, are building a distinct, politically active community.

The problem is not that they have a voice, Spencer says, but that they increasingly are acting according to the interests of Mexico.

Spencer believes that the Mexican government played an important role in the legal quashing of a 1995 California voter initiative, Proposition 187, that limited taxpayer funds to services for citizens only. After a visit with California Gov. Gray Davis in 1999, former Mexican President Zedillo told reporters that he had a commitment from Davis to ensure that "the catastrophic effects which were foreseen with Proposition 187 several years ago will not come to pass."

Among other signs of Mexican influence on U.S. affairs, Spencer notes that less than two years ago, West Los Angeles businessman Eddie Varon Levy became the first person living abroad to join the Mexican Congress. Varon Levy said one of his goals as a member of the Chamber of Deputies was to establish a special attorney's office to defend immigrants' rights.

Border erasure

The U.S. has tripled its border patrol budget over the past five years, but the flow of immigrants has barely changed. At the same time, Mexican President Vicente Fox has pressed for an eventual erasure of the southern border and encouraged Mexicans who seek work in the U.S.

At a speech one year ago at a border post in Nogales, just south of the Arizona border, Fox said: "We want to salute these heroes, these kids leaving their homes, their communities, leaving with tears in their eyes, saying goodbye to their families, to set out on a difficult, sometimes painful search for a job, an opportunity they can't find at home, their community or their own country."

Under the Fox regime, Mexico has an Office for Mexicans Abroad that provides survival kits for Mexicans who seek to enter the U.S. illegally.

Some immigration watchdogs in the U.S. believe, however, that all this does not add up to a desire by the Mexican government to retake the Southwest. Ira Mehlman, spokesman for the Los Angeles office of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, believes statements by Zedillo and Fox indicate "they are looking for some way to gain leverage with regard to American policy."

"They want to create one market where they will be able to send workers here without any restrictions, because it's in their interest to do so," Mehlman said.

The incentive to cross the U.S. border is high. The average illegal worker can make about $60 a day in the U.S. compared to about $5 a day in Mexico
Old 03-29-2006, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its been publically known alot of the fundenmtalisy mexican activists think that california was illegally taken from mexico, as the rest of the southwest and that they are trying to take it back.

i saw tonight on tv a bunch of protestors mostly students, and when they were interviewed they had no clue as to what the issue was about, so i think its a very small amount of educated mexicans that are instigating the issue, and recruiting dumber hispanics who dont know what is the true issue, and are easily scared to protest. This happened last year when the mexican elite (if such thing really exists) hired poor uneducated farm workers, loaded them up in vans with pre made signs and dropped them off at demonstration points, and most started yelling about totally different issues, one person they intervied said they were thier to protest the end of welfare, and not the issue at hand.

I think its time for miltary action along the boarder, and to declare those who cross enemy combatants and take appropriate measure against these financial terrorists, which is in fact what they are, they are wrecking havoc with our public financial system and should be stopped at all costs..
Old 03-29-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: CAN OF WORMS

Originally Posted by Chillaxin206

Whats happening in America today is not what our forefathers had in mind.
Living in Tucson we deal with this problem everyday ,try getting into a health clinic or an emergency room if you get sick it's a 6 to 10 hour wait and the first thing they want is your Insurance card (unless your a wetback they dont need one) or they come here a few days before their child is born and then he or she is a legal citizen of the US...

You all probably think I'm a racist but nothing could be further from the truth I am married to a Spanish woman who's family (many years ago ) came here from Spain and Mexico but they did it LEGALLY !!!! and my second wife was from Obregon ,Mexico and was here legally prior to marrying me.
I am also a Christian and believe we are all created equally, BUT I am an American who's ____ed off !!!!!
I'm not one to judge but....

If you even have to say that someone may think your racist, your already showing concern for the things you say and how someone could see that as being racist. Maybe it's just me but to use the word wetback which is clearly established as a racist comment, says alot about your character. Then you turn around and say your married to a Spanish woman and had a previous wife from Mexico. How did they feel about you using that term?

If that wasn't bad enough, you called yourself a christian and went on to use words like liberal pussies, and asses.....would you say that is christ-like?

Again I'm not here to judge, that's not my job. However, if you don't want to look like a racist and a hypocrite, then maybe you should think about some of the things your saying.
So stop judging !!!!
My current wife as well as my second wife have used that "WORD" , they to are fed up with the abuse of our good natured society and liberal politicians ,I guess I should have called them spineless left wing liberal bleeding hearts instead of P*%&^^$
But I am tired of working my butt off to support others !!!!! wether they be illegal or not.................

"ANNOY A LIBERAL " GET A JOB , WORK HARD, BE SUCCESSFUL AND HAPPY !!!
ITS THE AMERICAN WAY !!!!!!
And if someone doesnt like then GET OUT !!!!!!!
wings
Please point out one instance of me judging you in that commment. I simply read what you wrote and commented accordingly. To judge you I would have formed an opinion of you after I read what you wrote, which I very well could have, but I did not. It just seemed real strange that you didn't want people to see you coming accross as being racist when you use words that are downright demeaning to people of a particular race. If you think that is being judgemental then I'm sorry but you brought it on yourself. On the contrary, to point out what you said does not coincide with the definition of judging.

On another note, what about all the other illegal immigrants? Let's be wise to the fact that people of Hispanic origin are not the only illegal immigrants that are here.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Old 03-29-2006, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by vegasdriver
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
sounds good, but there are people that live here, are considered "Americans" and are still not treated on an exact equality with everyone else. Unfortunately I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's also a tuff situation to claim yourself to be a true american and nothing else when all society does is places us in categories that contine to keep us seperated and divided. Race being a major category.

I thought America was proud of it's diversity, however when I hear comments like "We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people," I question that. I'm not saying we have to change everything to accomodate anyone who comes over here, but we shouldn't alienate people for being different than the norm. This even happens within our own people as well.

The way I see it, there are benefits and downfalls to having immigrants over here. When we can get to a point where the positives outweigh the negatives then we will have accomplished something worthwhile.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

diverstiy is ok until it imposes on the masses sense of normalality, if thie is such a thing.........

its a difficult situation, but i would venture to say the majority of the legal immigrants have done well to blend in, and learn english, pay taxes, and become upholding members of society.

i support guest worker programs, i support military action on the border, i support immigration sweeps, i support deportation and arrest of those who help illegals.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not trying to be rude, but can some one explain all of the Mexican flags at the protests. It would seem to me that all the protests are because these people want to stay in the U.S.. If that is the case then why arn't they waving American flags. I just seems hypocritical.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by vegasdriver

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Old 03-29-2006, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I am a relatively typical fresh off the boat soon-to-be immigrant - no relatives in the States, no jumping the fence. To get here I had to find a job (even before crossing the border) and prove the US Government that it is close to impossible to find a person with my skillset in the States. It took time, money, patience and a lot of perseverence. From day one I've been paying taxes, paying for my healthcare (and for somebody else's Medicare, too), and anything else that a normal citizen would do, except in case I lose my job I am not eligible for welfare or any government assistance - all I will get is a ticket back home. The fact that I am paying Social Security does not matter, either, I'll just get sent home.

I've been working on a way to get permanent residence - this takes even more time, money and efforts if you want to do it legally, but I have a chance.

And then I see all these illegals protesting and liberals planning to just give them green cards, worker status, etc. Do I feel sorry for them? My last year's tax bill says "hell no".
Old 03-29-2006, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Originally Posted by zoltiz
I am a relatively typical fresh off the boat soon-to-be immigrant - no relatives in the States, no jumping the fence. To get here I had to find a job (even before crossing the border) and prove the US Government that it is close to impossible to find a person with my skillset in the States. It took time, money, patience and a lot of perseverence. From day one I've been paying taxes, paying for my healthcare (and for somebody else's Medicare, too), and anything else that a normal citizen would do, except in case I lose my job I am not eligible for welfare or any government assistance - all I will get is a ticket back home. The fact that I am paying Social Security does not matter, either, I'll just get sent home.

I've been working on a way to get permanent residence - this takes even more time, money and efforts if you want to do it legally, but I have a chance.

And then I see all these illegals protesting and liberals planning to just give them green cards, worker status, etc. Do I feel sorry for them? My last year's tax bill says "hell no".
God bless you for doing it the right and legal way ....I have friends that have traveled that long hard road that you are on and I applaud you and them,all of my _____ing above is aimed a the ILLEGALS and the bleeding heart liberals that want to give them everything on a silver platter......
When ytou have to work hard for something you appreciate it that much more !!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in the Phoenix metro area and I was watching on the news last night about all the High Schools walkouts there had been in the past couple days, and they did an interview with a hispanic student saying that "Mexicans have a right to be here." The thing that kills me is, nowhere in the law does it say: "If you're Mexican, it will be a felony for you to come here illegally" It says ANYBODY who comes here legally whether they're from Mexico or France or Canada or Cuba...you get my point, would be a felony to be here illegally.

I also heard that for one day none of them are going to go to work so everybody can see what doesn't get done when there aren't immigrants working. I don't know about anywhere else, but around the Phoenix area, there is a large immigrant population that works in the fields. I agree that it would hurt the economy....FOR A SHORT TIME, and yes, they do do jobs that nobody else would do, like working in the fields, but no person, illegal or otherwise, can support a family on 30 bucks a day. So all the illegals quit their jobs, that's hurting the people that own those businesses, so they'll either shut down or raise their wage to at least minimum wage. In my opinion, we'd be just fine without them.

It's said "Give us your tired and poor" and I'm okay with that, as long as it's done the right way. We have enough tired and poor RESIDENTS that are being neglected because we're too busy helping illegal immigrants and "protecting their rights"

I could go on all day, but I'll stop here...just my 2 cents!

Quick Reply: Immigration Reform