Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

iphone or voyager?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thread starter: i would go with the iphone... not because i have one, but because i love what it do and will do in the future.

gummyneo78: dont get mad, get glad. take a chill pill man.

to everyone else... dont compare at&t's service with verizon's service. the thread starter asked for a specific phone, NOT the service.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SciontCya
Originally Posted by hotbox05
Originally Posted by gummyneo78
Originally Posted by gummyneo78
Mr. Lee say: two wongs don't make a wight.
So know we are making fun of asians now? Maybe you should listen to "Mr. Lee" a little more.
Yeah, I hate Asians you moron
I bet your mom and dad are proud. If you hate asians so much, why are you driving a car by an asian company? Idiot....
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I believe sciontcya IS asian.

either way his post saying he hates asians is what's called sarcasm
Thanks, hotbox, it's sad a 29 year old is THAT dense...oh well.
Not Asian, German/English.
A 29 year old that dense huh? How about a 47 year old posting on a website with an age group half of his age? What's that called? I believe "loser" definitely fits the description. Yah Yah, you could argue that this is a car enthusiast's web site, but I still think that if I were 47 year old, I'd have more important things to do. But then again, I'm talking about a guy who's stupid enough to say "that he hates asian" whether sarcasm or not, I don't see how flapping your mouth like that is any worst than my original comment.

Dense? Go look in the mirror. But then again, you might end up seeing an L on YOUR forehead.

Grow up....
Old 03-23-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluaeon
thread starter: i would go with the iphone... not because i have one, but because i love what it do and will do in the future.

gummyneo78: dont get mad, get glad. take a chill pill man.

to everyone else... dont compare at&t's service with verizon's service. the thread starter asked for a specific phone, NOT the service.
What makes you think I'm mad? It takes allot more than a 47 year old loser ranting jibberish on a website to make me mad.

The reason people were comparing Verizon to At&t is because what good is a phone if your network can't back it up?

The way I see it, having a kickass phone on a mediocre service is like being a German/English 47 year old loser posting "I hate asians" on a website focusing around a car by an Asian company, when he could be out doing something 40 something ish. But then again, a 47 year old pushing out all sorts of money on a car with a younger audience in mind is already saying enough. Possibly mid life crisis? Having a small male organ, or perhaps, just having a hard time getting women. Either way, I was merely supporting the argument that having a great phone but not having the ballz to support it is like being a retarded 47 year old.

Anyways, it's easter, so I'm done with this conversation.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

iphone for sure. I was skeptical at first, but now i cant imagine using another phone
Old 03-23-2008, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldn't mind having an iPhone. My son has an iTouch and I like it. I hate ATnT though, due to no signal in my house. I wouldn't go Verizon either since they have less signal at my house than my Sprint service. Verizon on a friends phone drops while driving and my Sprint doesn't drop. Looks like I may end up with a Touch HTC on the Sprint network as it is the closest thing to an iPhone Sprint offers.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Eltaco
I wouldn't mind having an iPhone. My son has an iTouch and I like it. I hate ATnT though, due to no signal in my house. I wouldn't go Verizon either since they have less signal at my house than my Sprint service. Verizon on a friends phone drops while driving and my Sprint doesn't drop. Looks like I may end up with a Touch HTC on the Sprint network as it is the closest thing to an iPhone Sprint offers.
get an unlocked I-crap ( oops I mean I-phone ) and put it on Tmobile , maybe they have slightly better service? or you live in a crap shoot very far from terrestial receivers.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by dmx1784
so if im reading correctly if you have an iphone now, when the 2.0 comes out in june, you can update the current iphones?? cuz ive been looking into getting one, but dont wanna shell out all that cash if theres gonna be a better one in june
^^^ what he said^^^

I have been looking into this for a while. I have been waiting for the iphone 2.0. Looking for landscape keyboard and stereo bluetooth. I keep hearing different things, better camera, etc....
Old 03-23-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Lord. Read.
iPhone / Touch 2.0 is NOT a hardware upgrade, it's firmware/software.
Any device today can be upgraded, iPhone will be free, Touch a small fee.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hey hey come down. I have actually been doing a lot of reading but the info is conflicting

before march 5th there was talk that they were actually coming out with a new phone. I have read many articles. Apple does a good job of keeping everything top secret.

So I guess all that talk was just specualtion. In Nov Jobs had said that there was a 3G iphone coming out in 08. There was also talk of it back in sept 07. I know that they were having problems with the batterie.

I was just looking to see if there was any other info out there
Old 03-23-2008, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Two separate subjects.
I work with Apple, and while there will eventually be new hardware, 2.0 refers to what I mentioned.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

now that they have this 2.0 upgrade in June, it has dominated the news and I haven't heard anything about the 3g that jobs was talking about last nov.

I have a Cingular 8525 that I got a year and a half ago. The batterie is not lasting very long but it still fullfills my needs. I'm waiting for the iphone Gen 2, I guess is would be called, with the new platform.

They do a very good job keeping this quiet so that I don't know how long I'll have to wait ... and maybe ppl like me will just go buy the current one
Old 03-25-2008, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I own the voyager.. Its a good phone. I like it alot and it works well for what i need for work and personal life. The Iphone is not comparable becuase it does so much and its huge for the interenet. The voyager has the turn by turn GPS i like alot and it is easy to navigate, even with fat fingers. As my friend here in CHS said "i didnt realize how bad the iphone is for tryin to dial drunk..." An all touch screen phone is slimmer, but may not be as good for your lifestyle, you should mess around with both and see what you like.... remember both phones offer different services, thats what you need to look at. Not to mention, i cant have an Iphone becuase i travel to places that AT&T dont cover, so i had to stick with a verizon phone.... Good luck!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, I think I'm going to sell the iphone and get the voyager...

I played with both today, and there are things about both that I like, and things that could be better. Really what it comes down to is that Verizon is cheaper, is my current provider, and the voyager does what I need it to do...

The iphone is pretty sweet though
Old 03-29-2008, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

+1 on all the props for the iPhone. Out of the box, it's so-so. Nothing super special. You need to jailbreak it (easily done if you take your time and read up on it). Jailbreaking lets you install the 3rd party applications (like the Nintendo emulator, flickr uploader, stuff like that). I recommend the Zibri jailbreak. It's easy and reliable.

But you CAN use it networks besides AT&T. Not sure about Verizon though. But that's called "unlocking". I'm not sure how hard that is but I plan to do the unlock on mine before I go on a trip to Asia later this year.

Basically, the iPhone becomes the "Jesus Phone" AFTER you Jailbreak it. It does everything but I can't wait for the gen 2 version. Hopefully it will have 3G (high speed) support and more storage space. Exchange support is going to be so kick@$$ too.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can't send or receive videos and images. you can't record videos. people will tell you about putting NES and game boy games on it but they always forget to tell you how horrible it runs on the iphone. how impossible it is to play it. also bluetooth is useless on this thing. can't transfer files between phones or anything. all it does hands-free. My free phone that I got from at&t had more features.
skip the iphone until it plays catch up with other phones for feature. fortunately most of this stuff can be fix by apple with software updates. if they were willing.

as much as I hate this thing it isn't a complete waste. youtube and internet on the go is very very nice and so is the interface. and I like not having to carry a seperate ipod player since this phone uses a standard headphone jack unlike my old phone.

I want a new phone but I spent much monies on this thing so I'll stick with it until I hear more about this no fangled android OS thing...
Old 04-09-2008, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Lord. Read.
iPhone / Touch 2.0 is NOT a hardware upgrade, it's firmware/software.
Any device today can be upgraded, iPhone will be free, Touch a small fee.
Now do you know what I was talking about. Apple is has been trying to keep this quiet so that ppl don't just wait until the 3G iphone Gen 2 comes out. They may even keep the current one but it'll be cheeper.

I vote for the 3G iphone....
Old 04-10-2008, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i bought the voyager which i lm using right now and i'm happy with it. what i originally thought was a phone that wasn lt quite as cool as the iphone turns out that i just didn't know how to use it. so now that i'm learning the phone i'm happy with my choice
Old 04-10-2008, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i love my iPhone!!! its awsome!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i've had my voyager for about 3 months now and i am pretty happy with it. does everything i need it to.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

How about sell the iphone and buy the voyager....

Quick Reply: iphone or voyager?