Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Kobe Bryant scores 81 points?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the rest of the lakers didn't suck so bad, he wouldn't have to take over games. people call him a hog, but it's not his fault. you should watch the games. he passes the ball, everyone else doesn't do jack with it, then they give it back to kobe and expect a miracle. that's why many times he ends up taking horrible shots. but regardless, haters will be haters. what we witnessed (those of us lucky enough to have watched) was nothing short of spectacular. congrats to kobe!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by magnetic
Originally Posted by jallamas
Does the state of Washington even have a basketball team?
Yeah I think so. They're the ones that scored 152 points last night in Double OT against the Suns.

...but all THAT, even the Seahawks winning their first trip to the Super Bowl in their 30-year history, was eclipsed by KOBE BRYANT SCORING FREAKIN' 81 POINTS!

< -- was never a Sonics fan =P

EDIT: just to add. The game wasn't exactly a runaway, either. As bad as the Raptors are, they were still relatively close to the Kobes all the way to the end.

I'm not gonna lie, that stuff was impressive. I'm just bitter because the Seahawks' success got overshadowed by Kobe Bryant and his inability to miss.
I didn't feel that the success of the Seahawks was overshadowed at all....I mean really it's all over television, all over the papers (and I know cause I work for one) sure you hear about Kobe, but if your in Seattle Kobe means nothing right now. GO HAWKS!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

nothing abt the Lakers, the reason i dislike them is because of Kobe..... i finally clearify myself from the "laker hater" title..... heh...
i mean.... he is probably one of the greatest, truely no doubt abt that... but his attitude stinks..... jus a few nights ago where he got tough defense from Raja Bell, he jus dun admit the hardwork that other ppl have on him.... with his attitude, he'll never be a true champion..... and he doesn't take blame on himself, he blame others, when the Lakers are winning, he shows up and take the spot light.... but when the Lakers are losing, his name is not on the paper even though the stat shows that HE TOOK MOST OF THE SHOT AND MISSED, i jus dun think hes responsible enough to be the leader of the team.....

MJ will always be in my heart as one of the greatest, as far as Kobe goes..... he will NEVER and no one can ever convince me that he'll be the greatest!!!