Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Lakers vs. Celtics, West vs. East, Our 3 vs. Their 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

as i said before....

CELTICS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CELTICSSS!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man. i am not a laker fan, by far, but that **** was embarrassing. they ought to be ashamed of themselves. their FINAL game facing elimination? in the friggin finals? do you even deserve to be there if youre just gonna lay down and take it like that? damn. what a record-breaking season for the lakers, yea? sheesh. i almost feel bad for them.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:28 PM
SL Member

Wow im a big LAKERS fan, but that game was embarrassing.

But i look at the positives of this past season:
-First, in the beginning of the season the LAKERS were said to not even be able to make the playoffs/finals (plus the whole thing with KB24 either staying with the LAKERS or being traded).
-Kobe being boo'd the first game at STAPLES ctr. and dropping 41 pts. (i think)
-Andrew Bynum stepping up and becoming a great player (hopefully he can come back and be the way he was before the injury)
-The "bench mob" putting in the effort and giving Kobe an even better supporting cast.
-The donation of Gasol
-The impact of Odom not having to be the #2 guy anymore.
-Kobe=Regular Season MVP
-Made it to the playoffs and then to the finals.

So yea im pretty proud of this team for making it to where there were said they couldn't get to. And seeing Kobe step up and be the type of leader that he was, made it all better. Now LAKERS are the favorites to make it back to the finals next season
Old 06-18-2008, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yay celtics. KG's interview after was funny . im glad him,ray, and pierce, and even pj finally got rings
Old 06-18-2008, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AzNpNoY74

-First, in the beginning of the season the LAKERS were said to not even be able to make the playoffs/finals (plus the whole thing with KB24 either staying with the LAKERS or being traded).
-Andrew Bynum stepping up and becoming a great player (hopefully he can come back and be the way he was before the injury)
-The "bench mob" putting in the effort and giving Kobe an even better supporting cast.
-The donation of Gasol
-Kobe=Regular Season MVP

So yea im pretty proud of this team for making it to where there were said they couldn't get to. And seeing Kobe step up and be the type of leader that he was, made it all better. Now LAKERS are the favorites to make it back to the finals next season
How far do you think they will go next year with a HEALTHY Bynum? Even though the Lakers will have a target on their backs, I think they will be in the Finals next year. (Dare I say the Hornets too might be a contender?) Of course, a lot depends on the free agency market. I like the Spurs to but as we saw in the playoffs this year, they are an 'old' team. Duncan is the man for at least another year or two. But they have Finley, Horry, and Bowen who aren't youngins anymore. That team needs some youth. Hopefully the Warriors will have another great season and go deep into the playoffs because they are such a fun team to watch. Pretty sad when you win 48 games and still do not make the playoffs whereas in the "LEASTern" Conference you win 37 out of 82 games and make them? That's just wrong.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
Originally Posted by AzNpNoY74

-The donation of Gasol
-Kobe=Regular Season MVP

How far do you think they will go next year with a HEALTHY Bynum? Even though the Lakers will have a target on their backs, I think they will be in the Finals next year. (Dare I say the Hornets too might be a contender?) Of course, a lot depends on the free agency market. I like the Spurs to but as we saw in the playoffs this year, they are an 'old' team. Duncan is the man for at least another year or two. But they have Finley, Horry, and Bowen who aren't youngins anymore. That team needs some youth. Hopefully the Warriors will have another great season and go deep into the playoffs because they are such a fun team to watch. Pretty sad when you win 48 games and still do not make the playoffs whereas in the "LEASTern" Conference you win 37 out of 82 games and make them? That's just wrong.
Excellent analysis by the both of you. But the sleepers to watch out for is Houston and Portland. Portland is getting their man child Greg Oden back and did you see how they played the Lakers this past season with out him? Yeah...watch them for sure. I agree about New Orleans and hopefully the NBA can consider more of their games on TV. I never knew how good Chris Paul was until watching him in the playoffs.

I was hoping the Warriors would be in a position to draft UCLA's Kevin Love. A big man who can pass, shoot and run with the Warriors. *sigh* It is wrong for them not to have made it to the playoffs. bleh.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ryuji16
man. i am not a laker fan, by far, but that **** was embarrassing. they ought to be ashamed of themselves. their FINAL game facing elimination? in the friggin finals? do you even deserve to be there if youre just gonna lay down and take it like that? damn. what a record-breaking season for the lakers, yea? sheesh. i almost feel bad for them.
I am a bandwagon Laker fan as Kibble would call me and they did go out like chumps. Don't feel bad for them...I hope this burns in their heads all summer. Before any triumphs there has to be failure. And the Lakers failed big time!

I'm still waiting for the Clippers to triumph. lol
Old 06-18-2008, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

go bulls! heheh
Old 06-18-2008, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SchaumburgScionJT3
go bulls! heheh
hell yea. for life. you see my avatar.

even though this year was a severe disappointment, hopefully derrick rose can get things moving.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ hehe i mean i liek what the announcers said after the game. that any team can do it if they assemble the right people who want it badly. i kno im going to get bashed hah being a bulls fan no matter what but with derrick rose and trading some guards and free agency. u never kno right? haha
Old 06-18-2008, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i get a lot of trash talk because of what happened this season but its gonna take more than that to get the black and red out of my veins... i just hope i dont have an aneurism like i almost did last year
Old 06-18-2008, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha yea having 20 guards on the bulls made me have an ashtma attack. on the celtics note though i like how respectable they were with the trohpy and speeches. also i like how classy kobe was congratualtin the celtics when most of his teammates walked away already
Old 06-19-2008, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LAKERS FTW!!! Watch out for the Blazers next season tho....
Old 06-19-2008, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

double-post
Old 06-19-2008, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lucky bulls got derrick rose. hes gonna be tite next season..
Old 06-19-2008, 05:00 AM
SL Member

Darn bulls... got soo lucky to get picked #1 in the draft lottery... LOL

1.7% chance i think it was

Anyways... If Sasha keeps his word and will work over the summer by locking himself up in the gym, i think he would have a great next season. That is if he gets resigned (which will most likely happen)

All this pressure is on Bynum to come back and be the missing piece for the Lakers. and while true, i wouldn't be surprised if he's a bit rusty in the first few games of the pre-season/regular season
Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sasha is good but will never have a game like he did in game 3 was it? with all those 3s...bynum will be great next season regargless..(wonder how the line up is gonna be with gasol still there..maybe a trade ;] )...next season is gonna be fun :]

GO BOSTON!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by PartieBoiTc4
lucky bulls got derrick rose. hes gonna be tite next season..

I hope Derrick Rose is not going to be a flop like Kwame Brown, or Bo Kimble (one for the older fans).
Old 06-19-2008, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sasha made a noticeable improvement this year, if i were the lakers i wouldnt want to lose him.

derrick rose is a pg, so his skills will translate to the pro level easier than a big man. if you think about it, most 1st round pick upsets are with big men (centers/pf). remember olowokandi, too?

pgs rarely get picked first (a la steve nash) but they usually bloom. which is why id much rather get rose than beasley.

Quick Reply: Lakers vs. Celtics, West vs. East, Our 3 vs. Their 3