Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

This lil' kid tried to steal my $660 dollar phone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default This lil' kid tried to steal my $660 dollar phone!

Yeah, so I work at Cingular in the mall. About 30 minutes before I got off work yesterday, I was talking to my friends young tae and jae hun. This kid is looking at phones and young tae told me he thinks the kid just took my phone. I thought he was joking. So the kid walks off and YT starts yelling at him, "AYE BOY!" That's when I knew he wasn't joking. I yelled at the kid, "AYE FOOL! COME HERE!" The kid took off, so I chased after him. He ran into a corridor through the hallway inbetween the mall. Chased him out into the parking lot. Then he started outlineing the mall to try and get me tired. I had him cornered and he took off and slipped right past me. This kid was fast. He must have eaten his cherrios this morning. Then I chased him into the parking lot again. He ran through some cars and that's where jae hun came from the other side and tackled him like there was 1 sec left at the 5 yard line. Got my phone off the kid...I was happy.

Jae hun held him down and I knew what was going through his head. I wanted to kick his f-ing face in but he was wayyyy to young...should've tought him a lesson though. So I told jae hun to let him go. That kid tried to pull a guilt trip on me and say, "I need that phone...I'm poor." I just turned around walked calmly back to work.

I could hear black folk off in the distance, "DAAAYYAAAAM! That ni**a got TACKLED!!!!"

That made my night!

Later I heard a cop chased him, on foot, for almost a mile before he could catch him. He chased him from the mall to a mcdonalds a hundred yards away. Then around a k-mart another 50 yards away. After that, back to the mall where the kid jumped a fence into 5 foot deep water and that's where the cop took him into custody. The cop was ____ed because I didn't want to press charges. I didn't think that would really make the kid's life better, or teach him a lesson. I asked him nicely why he didn't press charges. He's the one who got hurt after all. He had cuts all over his arms, soaked in water up to his chest, and claims his "$1500" tazer is trashed. I'm guessing his glock isn't affected by the water. (anyone feel free to chime in on that) So he got even more ____ed off and started threatening me. "OKAY!" he said. "I'll just get your information then. You called security and you're not pressing charges. That's like calling 911!" "Sir, I did NOT call you. I don't even know how to reach security in this mall." He got more ____ed. He started talking mumbo jumbo so I told him, "Check the call records if you'd like." I can't believe he threatened me...I'm the victim. I told him I'm sorry for what he went through but I didn't ask him to catch the kid that we already let go. I guess I shouldn't have said that but he was really getting to me. So I just left.

Yeah, that was my night though. Hope someone enjoys it as much as I did. My ankles hurt. I'm going to go try and get in shape.

Oh yeah, then security asked if me n jae hun wanted a job! haha...

Anyone else think I should've pressed charges or not? I'd just like to get an opinion. I think I know what everyone'll say though.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow.. nice chase.... how young is "young" ?? sure filing charges may not make his life any better... kids these days will either take the charges and whatever happens to them as punishment from the law and parents... will be enough to scare them... others will take what the law dishes out, parents wont do jack and kid stays the same.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

yeah, if you're 22 young must be YOUNG huh?

either a beating, or charges would definitely have been in order for anyone over age 10.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I vote beating, maybe a light one...
Old 09-21-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kkawana
wow.. nice chase.... how young is "young" ?? sure filing charges may not make his life any better... kids these days will either take the charges and whatever happens to them as punishment from the law and parents... will be enough to scare them... others will take what the law dishes out, parents wont do jack and kid stays the same.
haha...thanks...it was my first. The kid looked younger but he turned out to be 13. I don't think anyone could help that kid. I really wish I could do something to make his life better.

Originally Posted by cherryBox
yeah, if you're 22 young must be YOUNG huh?

either a beating, or charges would definitely have been in order for anyone over age 10.
haha! yep. I hope his dad gave him a really good beating, he needed it. If he were 18, his dad wouldn't have had to. I would've given enough to last him his life.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by L4rry_B1rd
If anything...I wanted to kick his face into the concrete. Was that a little to harsh?
Old 09-21-2006, 05:32 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the kid's under 18, he's going to go to juvi for a week or 2 and that's it. It's pretty pathetic. Misdemeaner and you got your phone back.

If the kid's over 18, I would have pressed charges just make sure he gets a taste of what Big Bubba would be like in a holding cell over night. But still, misdemeaner and you got your phone back so he would have been out on community service or something.

Nice chase though. Always have to add a little "accidental" kick or knee when you tackle. Makes it that much more fun.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tito_Cruz
Originally Posted by L4rry_B1rd
If anything...I wanted to kick his face into the concrete. Was that a little to harsh?
like ^^^ said, maybe a kick to the face, an elbow to the stomache as you were "tackling him to the ground" would have been good...
Old 09-21-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
If the kid's under 18, he's going to go to juvi for a week or 2 and that's it. It's pretty pathetic. Misdemeaner and you got your phone back.

If the kid's over 18, I would have pressed charges just make sure he gets a taste of what Big Bubba would be like in a holding cell over night. But still, misdemeaner and you got your phone back so he would have been out on community service or something.

Nice chase though. Always have to add a little "accidental" kick or knee when you tackle. Makes it that much more fun.
If the kid was over 18...he would've had a nike print on his forehead and some gravel in his skull. He wasn't so I hope his dad took care of it.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:43 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Probobly not. He would proboly sue his dad in today's age. I remember getting the military Doc Martin up my a** and the leather belt.....sometimes a wooden spoon across my palms. Anyone remember the good ol' days?
Old 09-21-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Heh, you should have asked the officer to let you accompany him to the kids house. If his parents talk to you, and you explain what the kid did and they can see that the cop isn't just making stuff up, they'll probably beat the kid worse than anything the court could do to him.

Well, unless they told him to go out into the world and fend for himself.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: This lil' kid tried to steal my $660 dollar phone!

Originally Posted by Tito_Cruz
I could hear black folk off in the distance, "DAAAYYAAAAM! That ni**a got TACKLED!!!!"

aint that the truth. lol
wow, i can see it now
Old 09-21-2006, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
Probobly not. He would proboly sue his dad in today's age. I remember getting the military Doc Martin up my a** and the leather belt.....sometimes a wooden spoon across my palms. Anyone remember the good ol' days?
I remember those days. I went to a catholic school until 3rd grade, and I wasn't the most pleasant kid. I know all about yard sticks and "pointers" and such things.

Hopefully getting tackled by some random kid maybe sent him a message that not everyone will just go easy on him(like his parents probably do). It's good for some of the kids these days to get a whooping now and again. As that saying goes, "Don't let your mouth write a check your ___ can't cash." That is something that should be engraved in the halls of schools and malls today.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

That was very nice of you. Hopefully the kid learned his lesson.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:36 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

15 lashes from a nice switch will cut it
Old 09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

i like the oops i kicked you !!dam my knee banged your face oops..lol... yeah kids need some @ss whoopins now days the get away with evrything..one time i was in a mall with my doughter wich is like 4-5 months old and my son who is 4 and these 3 punk @ss kids are giving me ish for no reason ....i felt like giving it them because if its one thing i hate its poeple getting crazy with my kids around me..just a no no...the good ol days of of coming home scared because ya knew your parents would beat your @ss for what ya did...what ever happened to a good old spanking!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol carlos...

anywasy wouldnt that be a felony? isnt any theift above 250$ a felony? and if your phone was 660$ that is a felony... i wouldnt have pressed charges. i woulda just whooped his little ___. i wouda taken my belt off and thrown the kid over my knee and then grounded him for a month
Old 09-21-2006, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Felony theft is different from state to state. It's $500 here in Colorado.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I wouldn't have beat him for stealing stuff. But I would for the " I'm poor" comment.

Oh! You're poor? Well then, you can just have the phone.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LoL at frosty...that's what I should've done right? Since he was poor I should've just gave him my phone back right? haha...

Quick Reply: This lil' kid tried to steal my $660 dollar phone!