Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

A Little Christmas cheer in Alcohol form

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default A Little Christmas cheer in Alcohol form

Well, for those of you who are of age and who consume alcohol, I thought I would share this recipe for a wonderful holiday spice drink. It's called Apple Pie.

Ingredients:

1/2 gallon Apple Cider
1/4 gallon Apple Juice (don't get the cheap kind)
3/4 cup sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon
2 cinnamon sticks
3 cups Everclear Grain Alcohol

Put the Apple juice and cider in a crockpot and heat untill hot. Dissolve in sugar and ground cinnamon, drop in cinnamon sticks, and let cook on low for 6-8 hours. Turn off crockpot and allow to cool to room temperature and add everclear. Bottle in milkjugs and set in a closet or dark cool dry place for 1-2 weeks. It's got a small bit of burn to it but you can't actually taste any alcohol. Great for family get togethers or parties..
Old 12-16-2005, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump for the holiday
Old 12-16-2005, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't really drink much anymore, but that sounds good. Although, it sounds like it would be even better if it was served hot. Have you ever tried warming it back up after it sits for the 1-2 weeks?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, I have warmed it back up and it brings out the alcohol flavor and burn about 75% more than when it's cool/room temp.... also, if you heat it too much, it takes the alcohol out of it....
Old 12-16-2005, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That Everclear is some potent stuff. I remember a party I was at when I was about 19. We were mixing fruit punch & Everclear (a very good drink) but instead of getting all fancy with cut, fresh fruit and all that, we were doing it the lazy way. We were just pouring pre-mixed bottled fruit punch into a cup and then adding a shot of Everclear. All was going well until someone added the Everclear first, and then stood there talking to someone before putting in the punch. The Everclear actually ate right through his styrofoam cup!
Old 12-16-2005, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, it will do that......It even says on the bottle "not to be consumed unless mixed with a non-alcoholic beverage" and "extremely flammable, keep away from spark, flame, or fire"
Old 12-16-2005, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SCI_TC_GUY, I am not going to asking you any more electrical or audio questions!J/K Everclear is some bad shiot!

John
Old 12-16-2005, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
That Everclear is some potent stuff. I remember a party I was at when I was about 19. We were mixing fruit punch & Everclear (a very good drink) but instead of getting all fancy with cut, fresh fruit and all that, we were doing it the lazy way. We were just pouring pre-mixed bottled fruit punch into a cup and then adding a shot of Everclear. All was going well until someone added the Everclear first, and then stood there talking to someone before putting in the punch. The Everclear actually ate right through his styrofoam cup!
matt_a we might of been at the same party, except the drink was everclear and grape juice and it was called Purple Jesus.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It can be in the hands of the irresponsible.... if more people were able to use their head while drinking, it would cut down on a lot of peoples hangovers and accidents...
Old 12-16-2005, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's technically illegal for a bar to sell or even posess everclear due to its danger to the body, not to mention the combustability of it
Old 12-16-2005, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by CletusTC
It's technically illegal for a bar to sell or even posess everclear due to its danger to the body, not to mention the combustability of it
Huh? That's the first I've heard of that. Almost every bar in New Orleans has (had) it.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Mmmm...that recipe=evil...I chugged a 16oz cup once very quickly...because I didn't realize there was alcohol.

On a side note....I convinced a friend he could blow fire once:

My favorite still:

Old 12-16-2005, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-17-2005, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha §hit son!!!
Old 12-18-2005, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SCI_TC_GUY
It can be in the hands of the irresponsible.... if more people were able to use their head while drinking, it would cut down on a lot of peoples hangovers...
no, actually there are several theories about hangovers, none of which include amounts of alcohol consumed. one says they are caused by an imbalance in electrolites through insulin peaks. the way to avoid this hangover is not to drink an alcoholic drink with additional sugar as an ingredient.

another suggests hangovers are a result of dehydration. the way to avoid this hangover is to drink plenty of water while imbibing and before turning in.

another theory suggests hangovers are a western phenomena that is basically a function of "guilt". this theory suggests that if one doesn't do anything drunk that one would regret while sober, it is unlikely one will have a hangover the following morning.

my personal experience says, the best way to avoid a hangover is to not drink sugar in any form with one's alcohol and to behave in a way while buzzed that one would not regret while sober.

(i would substitute splenda for the sugar in this drink but still the sugars in the apple juice would preclude from me drinking much of it.)
Old 12-18-2005, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

If you dont want a hangover, drink a gallon of water the day before, and a giant thing og gatorade the day of.

I pee like crazy when I drink a gallon of water in one day...but its worth it. You dont feel like chit.

Also, I dont pirticularly like everclear. Could drunkeness be obtained if we use Vodka instead? I also have a stomach problem/ borderline ulcer...so I wanna stay away from everclear.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:32 AM
Banned
SL Member

Old 12-19-2005, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds pretty good, does it go down smooth or is there a nasty bite. Never had everclear yet...
Old 12-19-2005, 11:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no nasty bite with this one.....a slight burn but no taste of alcohol at all....
Old 12-19-2005, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

too bad everclear is illegal in cali. what could i use to replace it ?

Quick Reply: A Little Christmas cheer in Alcohol form