Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Living like The Swiss Family Robinson *Edited*

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Default Living like The Swiss Family Robinson *Edited*

So a few months ago our dish washer broke so we has to start washing our dishes by hand . Last night after doing the dishes i turned on the disposal and this god awful noise rang through the house. The round blade that spins inside some how CRACKED IN HALF, I have never heard of this before. I don't know if it happend because of rust or what but it was brand new with the house and we've only been in the house for 6 years.

So now we have no dishwasher and no disposal, don't be surprised if you drive by and see me with a wash bucket out front of the house doing laundry and the dishes with a washboard

Does anyone local happen to have a connection for dishwasher repair or somewhere to get a new disposal. We're thinking of just going to Costco for a disposal and hope they have one but i really want to get the washer fixed, I realize now how much of a luxory that thing was.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Default DISHWASHER

You can always do what my wife does and use the dishwasher as a storage for bread and other CRAP !!!!........................
I wonder why we paid extra for the dishwasher it only gets used once a year @ Thanksgiving time !
wings
Old 02-24-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I'm going to be living like "The Swiss Family Robin

Originally Posted by MTcX

So don't be surprised if you drive by and see me with a wash bucket out front of the house doing laundry and the dishes with a washboard
Dude -- No dishwasher and now no garbage disposal, Darn that sucks. Sounds like
it's time to do a home depot run. Cheaper to replace than repair.

Hope the tax man is treating you well this year.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

So Friday for some reason some of the houses in my area lost water and gas.....my house being one of them. So I had to take showers at friends houses. Monday we finally got had the water turned on in the afternoon but still no gas.....so NO HOT SHOWERS. The gas got turned back on today but not till like 10 AM so i took the coldest shower of my life this morning.

Then last night the whole neihborhoods power went out. I walked down the street thinking it was a car accident but it wasnt that....the transformers at the top of the electrical poles were BLOWING UP!!!! The entire shopping area on teh corner was without power as well like bashas and the gas station so that was pretty interesting.

Some kind of higher power must have read my thread and thought it would be funny to mess with me even more cuz I still have no disposal or dishwasher, but I also had my heat, water, and electricity taken away from me. When people say "It could be worse", they were not kidding.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

lol dude im thinking your not very lucky at this point in time