Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Lowered xBs look totally flippin amazing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member

Default Lowered xBs look totally flippin amazing!

the moderators moved this to a forum I can't post in (haha, good one ), except by editing this post, sooo...

easy, people, easy, you're taking my opinion far too seriously...besides, ya won me over...lowering is good! Great! GRAND! happy? sheesh.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Lowered xBs look terrible

Originally Posted by notty
sorry, but they do; the charm of the vehicle is completely ruined...also, I've yet to see a custom grill that looks better than the stock grill, yet, it seems people just can't wait to take that stock grill off...and removing the badges, WHY??

I've seen many good mods on here, but I've also seen things that defy aesthetical sense.

Well, I guess ugliness is a sure way to make your car stand out.
I agree... many of these mods look like crap... New wheels really make a nice improvement... most other mods make it look like spoiled rice.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

How does lowering your car make it ulgy??? As for me my personal preference is for an xB to be lowered because it gets rid of the gap between the fender and wheel plus you get a better ride with different springs. No more body roll and it handles better.

As for the Grille I think people change them out because they want all three grills to match. Plus modding the car is personalizing it for someone.

To each his/her own....
Old 12-05-2005, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree - I have yet to see any grill that looks better than stock. I don't mind lowering, as long as the car isn't lowered to the point where the wheels and tires protrude into the wheel wells. There should be minimal fender gap, not none at all.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who doesn't like the lowered look. In fact, I don't really like it on most cars. It's not bad if it's a small drop, but I've seen some that look like something is broken. As for the grill on the xB, we have a RS 2.0 so I'm used to a different grill. I like ours.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Styling is an individual preference. You may not like what I did to my car, but some might. Don't come down on someone because they have different styling tastes than you.

Some like chrome, some don't. Some like JDM, some don't. Some like ViP, some don't. Some like DuBs, some don't. Some like airbags, some don't. Some like cf, some don't. I can go on and on.......................................

No one here, that I know, has beaucoup money to spend on parts thsat they want right now. Modding is a constant evolution. They have other priorities in life such as their family, maybe a mortgage, and other things.

Do I care? No. Why? Because I paid for MY parts, I pay for MY car, and I drive MY car.

Spoiled rice!?! Do you know what spoiled rice looks like? Its covered in mold prolly. I haven't seen any cars on this site covered in mold.

I just love it when others criticize, yet they don't post on pics of their rides, and what they consider tasteful.

Once again, Styling is an individual preference!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Good Post Squirrel
Old 12-05-2005, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cars may look like crap when they are lowered, the front may be more than the back, or that the left is lower than the right, etc. etc.

This is why the car should be slammed and hammered to ground level so everything is even. Even rotten old cars laying frame looks awesome.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member

Old 12-05-2005, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with Brad (squirrel), everyone has different tastes, if you don't like a certain Mod than just don't do it to your car.....

P.S. I LOVE lowered xB's...
Old 12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there's supposed to be a gap between the fender and wheel, there's supposed to be a gap between the car and pavement, it's called clearance

as for the argument that it makes the xB perform better...since when is this a performance car? It's a box on wheels.
Every car should have "performance"...not high performance, but performance...

Its great that you don't like lowered xB's....I suggest you don't do it then...

problem solved

::this should be the end of this waste of space and the waste of 20 seconds of my life reading this that I though would have some "matter" behind it::
Old 12-05-2005, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry, but they do; the charm of the vehicle is completely ruined...also, I've yet to see a custom grill that looks better than the stock grill, yet, it seems people just can't wait to take that stock grill off...and removing the badges, WHY??

I've seen many good mods on here, but I've also seen things that defy aesthetical sense.

I mean, not only by sheer looks - I feel that functionality is another reason why some mods are crazy.

I can never imagine lowering my xB to have it hover an inch or two above ground. Imagine hitting a pot hole!!!

I live in NYC and I am currently driving an h2. There are bumps here that I think would TOTAL an xB... Not even road conditions - how about a piece of debris? a garbage bag? half an animal on the road??!?!?

But then again - there are people who live in areas where they may not have this issue and in this case, lowering the vehicle is not a problem.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Yeah, I have clearance, about a pinky fingers' worth!

Why, because my xB is lowered!

Oh yeah, and I really like the grille I bought, painted, and installed on MY LOWERED xB!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel
Styling is an individual preference. You may not like what I did to my car, but some might. Don't come down on someone because they have different styling tastes than you.

Some like chrome, some don't. Some like JDM, some don't. Some like ViP, some don't. Some like DuBs, some don't. Some like airbags, some don't. Some like cf, some don't. I can go on and on.......................................

No one here, that I know, has beaucoup money to spend on parts thsat they want right now. Modding is a constant evolution. They have other priorities in life such as their family, maybe a mortgage, and other things.

Do I care? No. Why? Because I paid for MY parts, I pay for MY car, and I drive MY car.

Spoiled rice!?! Do you know what spoiled rice looks like? Its covered in mold prolly. I haven't seen any cars on this site covered in mold.

I just love it when others criticize, yet they don't post on pics of their rides, and what they consider tasteful.

Once again, Styling is an individual preference!
I dont think anyone in here is being as critical as you are. You just stated what everyone else stated, opinions. Your the one coming into a thread thats talking about personal opinions and then you start bashing on those opinions.
I think it's cool if someone wants to change out the grills for something differant, however I wont because every single grill replacement out there looks like a domestic truck grill IMO. I like the lower stock grills, I think it would be cooler if the top grill between the headlights matched the botton two, but I've yet to see an aftermarket grill that matches.
One thing I dont agree is with that stupid comment about spoiled rice, what the heck is that suppose to mean? But than again I dont agree with the term 'rice'. My Brother has a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon with a wide body kit (yes its painted) and 19in. ADR wheels, and I dont think thats rice, but for some reason all of those anti-rice websites classify it as rice. The only thing I consider rice is an unpainted body kit, a spoiler that shouldnt be on the car (hmm, i dont think the xB needs a spoiler at all...), a ___ body kit (honestly, i've yet to see a body kit on the xB that doesnt look ___), any kind of aftermarket air scoop intake that is non functional.
What makes all of these tuned xB's any differant from a 'riced' Civic? I think people should stop using the term 'rice' because it makes them sound like an idiot. Rice is food, not a screwed up car.
When it comes to lowering the car, IMO dropping it all the way to the ground looks rediculous. I do believe you need a speck of clearence from the tire to the wheel well. I plan on getting a lower suspension, but nothing insane.
If you think its cool to use the term rice, dont think your exempt from it beacuse you own a scion, because believe it or not, scions will be in those ___ antirice websites sooner or later.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, the drop and grille replacement seem unnecessary TO ME, but the box looks MUCH better minus the badges. If Scion wanted to pay me SOMETHING to advertise for them, I could leave them on. Otherwise, forget it.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay this is a warning to all!

I cleaned this thread up once and I wont do it again. Keep your comments respectful to others and clean. Any bashing, off topic, or bad comments, will result in your post being deleted and yourself warned.

Thanks
Scott
Old 12-05-2005, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yay! its back!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I agree with the aftermarket grilles. Many of them look crappy. As far as whether or not to lower an xB- youre gonna be fighting a losing battle with this crowd.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

oohhhhh! thats why it dissapeared!

Lowering is not just just for looks it is to help you stay in control of you car better than the stock springs. I got rid of the badges because they made the front end look piggish, and the back end look cluttered. I veiw my car as a reflection of myself, I want it to be an extention of me. I want to be different, I want to be noticed, I dont want the same car that I bought more than a year ago, I want that car NOW, with every bit of charater that it has. I am going to lower, stitch, rebadge, and rewheel my car. I hope you find a way to be different that makes you happy. My way makes me VERY happy. OH, and I am glad that you dont like it, it is a compliment. Thanks
Old 12-05-2005, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

personally, i would not really do to my car what most people here do. i think the xB looks great as it is. i do not have a problem "standing out" from the crowd, but dont really go out of my way to do it either.

i bought this car for its utility and practically everything i have done to it enhances that. (Ok, so maybe all the LEDs may not be as useful..) i did not buy this car to burn tires or bust through corners. i am definitely not going to sacrifice comfort for "performance".

other people put a lot of effort in getting their car to look the way they want. if winning trophies at a car show floats your boat, then great -- its just not for me. i am sure that my car isnt going to win any ribbons, but i love it anyway.

Quick Reply: Lowered xBs look totally flippin amazing!